planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 26
although schumi was much closer or on par with rosberg in quali in 2012, his race pace was pretty much always slower than rosberg. i ve always thought that schumi had the skill and speed but his reactions and consistency werent there for him, after watching his onboard race in china and bahrain in the race he was just very untidy in many of the corners, losing the back a bit, not hitting the apex fullys and just not being consistent and concentrated enough to make less of those small mistakes that ultimately cost him laptime. if you watch nico's onboard he is much better on the racing lines and having less twitchy moments. what do you guys think about shumacher's driving in the races?

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfWRW1MJhQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:45 pm
Posts: 464
gamer9 wrote:
although schumi was much closer or on par with rosberg in quali in 2012, his race pace was pretty much always slower than rosberg.


Source?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am
Posts: 2324
gamer9 wrote:
although schumi was much closer or on par with rosberg in quali in 2012, his race pace was pretty much always slower than rosberg. i ve always thought that schumi had the skill and speed but his reactions and consistency werent there for him, after watching his onboard race in china and bahrain in the race he was just very untidy in many of the corners, losing the back a bit, not hitting the apex fullys and just not being consistent and concentrated enough to make less of those small mistakes that ultimately cost him laptime. if you watch nico's onboard he is much better on the racing lines and having less twitchy moments. what do you guys think about shumacher's driving in the races?


Imo exactly what you described.

Although Michael improved precisely as you say in 2012, and got closer to Nico, (my calcs show he was 0.1 off in pre-race time average and 0.2 off in race times, by my rating system figures), the standard of drivers at the top of the field today is so high, I think any driver in his forties and after a 3-year 'layoff' would struggle. Including Senna, Lauda, Stewart, Clark, Fangio, etc.

_________________
http://grandprixratings.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 26
zaar wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
although schumi was much closer or on par with rosberg in quali in 2012, his race pace was pretty much always slower than rosberg.


Source?



2012 formula One Season

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfWRW1MJhQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 272
gamer9 wrote:
zaar wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
although schumi was much closer or on par with rosberg in quali in 2012, his race pace was pretty much always slower than rosberg.


Source?



2012 formula One Season


:lol: :lol: :lol:

One could post on here that orange juice is orange and someone would still request a source ..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3579
But is the colour named after the fruit, or the fruit the colour?

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Posts: 939
Location: California
2012 Formula 1 season:
Schumacher and Rosberg 10 - 10 in qualifying. Schumacher had 8 retirements and Rosberg had 3. In 9 races they both finished together, Schumacher was 7-2 up against Rosberg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Posts: 2069
Location: Australia
You could definitely query whether orange juice is made from oranges and request details of the ingredients. I once saw a drink labelled 'orange juice' that had nothing related to orange juice in it and included 'orange colouring and orange flavouring'.

_________________
Twitter @Jo_Soucek


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:08 pm
Posts: 370
And now this thread turns into an orange thread.

_________________
Supporter of:

Fernando Alonso
Pastor Maldonado
Sergio Perez
Michael Schumacher
Lewis Hamilton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 am
Posts: 1865
Many Orange Juices contain less than 50% Oranges, mostly water with orange flavoring with a little bit of real Orange to be able to label it as "Orange Juice"

_________________
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco 2012, Silverstone 2014)
Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 773
Location: Derby
PacificBeach wrote:
2012 Formula 1 season:
Schumacher and Rosberg 10 - 10 in qualifying. Schumacher had 8 retirements and Rosberg had 3. In 9 races they both finished together, Schumacher was 7-2 up against Rosberg.

alot of schumis retirements were of his own making, the ones that weren't in general rosberg was already ahead or didn't score this has already been brought up in another thread although admittedly that only covered the first seven races.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Chicago
potter84 wrote:
PacificBeach wrote:
2012 Formula 1 season:
Schumacher and Rosberg 10 - 10 in qualifying. Schumacher had 8 retirements and Rosberg had 3. In 9 races they both finished together, Schumacher was 7-2 up against Rosberg.

alot of schumis retirements were of his own making, the ones that weren't in general rosberg was already ahead or didn't score this has already been brought up in another thread although admittedly that only covered the first seven races.


Wow are you kidding me? If you dint watch the season, I'd suggest you go back and read/view highlights somewhere.

Most of his retirements save for his two brain farts( With Senna and Vergne) were the team's fault. If you believe otherwise, please enlighten us.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:13 am
Posts: 84
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5154
pavilion103 wrote:
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.

That's the orange juice talking - have a look at the points.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 am
Posts: 2516
Covalent wrote:
pavilion103 wrote:
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.

That's the orange juice talking - have a look at the points.

I did that in another thread. Nico gained 67 of his 93 points in the first 7 races, when the car was good and Schumi had 5 DNFs...

As has already been pointed out, when both finished - Schumi beat Nico 7 times, whereas Nico beat Schumi twice...

Additionally, apart from the US race, Nico didn't beat Schumi after the 4th race of the season when both finished. After that Schumi beat him every race except US.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1362
Location: Wrexham, UK
Still, Schu was beaten 3 years in a row by a guy who has won 1 GP. Kinda feel for him. Still a legend though!

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
Covalent wrote:
pavilion103 wrote:
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.

That's the orange juice talking - have a look at the points.


He's not wrong. He talked about races: in the races they both finished, Michael was ahead. most time.

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5154
SchumieRules wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pavilion103 wrote:
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.

That's the orange juice talking - have a look at the points.


He's not wrong. He talked about races: in the races they both finished, Michael was ahead. most time.

Well IMO technically he is. "Most races" also include the ones he DNF'd.

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
Covalent wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Covalent wrote:
pavilion103 wrote:
Schumacher beat Rosberg in most races.

That's the orange juice talking - have a look at the points.


He's not wrong. He talked about races: in the races they both finished, Michael was ahead. most time.

Well IMO technically he is. "Most races" also include the ones he DNF'd.


How can you count the races that one of them didn't finish? Apart from India maybe, where Schumacher was still classified (as he had covered more than 90% of the race).

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 773
Location: Derby
This belief that rosberg got most of his points only because Schumacher had five dnfs in the first 7 races is unfounded look at the races rosberg was either already ahead or didn't score or the other 2 were schumachers fault i will post my post from the other thread as its more apt for this one.


Last edited by potter84 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 773
Location: Derby
ok first 7 races i recall schumi qualifying well, gearbox i think give him that, wheel wasn't done right and Drs flap stuck other than those 3 the other 2 were of his making ran into the back of senna and Monaco shouldn't have been a retirement his car was still drivable they retired him because the race was going so badly and could then change the gear box etc if needed without penalty.

so first seven races how many points did rosberg really get only because Schumacher got dnfs that weren't of schumis making? You can discount china because nico dominated even had schumi not retired nico would have beat him schumi would probably have third. As for aus rosberg didn't finish in the points so cant count that which leaves Canada his only other retirement in the first seven races that wasn't his making or that rosberg didn't benefit from and he went out in 9th i think rosberg was already ahead of him. So this argument that rosberg only scored his points because Schumacher didn't finish doesn't hold up especially the first 7 races anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:47 pm
Posts: 296
Wheres mod orange when you need him :-P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
spooky wrote:
Wheres mod orange when you need him :-P


Do you feel like reporting something?

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1104
Isn't orange juice kind of yellowish?

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5154
No you just said it's orange :P

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 773
Location: Derby
schumi7 wrote:
Isn't orange juice kind of yellowish?

ironically yes they colour orange juice to make it more appealing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 4808
schumi7 wrote:
Isn't orange juice kind of yellowish?


Real juice or box juice? ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 773
Location: Derby
Real juice is greyish orangey yellow type colour :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am
Posts: 2107
I prefer apples myself, and I think some here are comparing apples and oranges. Oh well, better than rhubarb..

_________________
2013 PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 4 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1362
Location: Wrexham, UK
Do they make rhubarb juice? Or just custard?

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 205
Anyone knows what exactly a Four Season drink is, too lazy to google lol

Anyway these stupid arguments wouldn't exist if Merc didnt screw Schumi's car when they actually had the speed to score points


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 127
Oranges are naturally green in colour. Their colour has nothing to do with their ripeness.

Anyway, oranges aren't important as the 2012 Mercedes was a lemon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
This is turning into a "HOW" thread.


I expect orange cats soon.

And I don't mean Garfield!

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 618
SchumieRules wrote:
This is turning into a "HOW" thread.


I expect orange cats soon.

And I don't mean Garfield!


I have worse. Much worse.

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 614
MS got thrashed by Rosberg over three seasons, easily beat. Yes MS shown some good bits of speed but over the course of three seasons he was no match for Rosberg. Of course his fans will bring up the excuses of bad luck etc, but then they forget about Rosbergs misfortunes. But the facts are MS got easily beaten by Rosberg, saying otherwise it's denying the facts and reality of what went on in the real world.

potter84 wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
Isn't orange juice kind of yellowish?

ironically yes they colour orange juice to make it more appealing



I guess your use to drinking Lemon juice.

_________________
RSR Racing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Posts: 430
F1Thomas wrote:
MS got thrashed by Rosberg over three seasons, easily beat. Yes MS shown some good bits of speed but over the course of three seasons he was no match for Rosberg. Of course his fans will bring up the excuses of bad luck etc, but then they forget about Rosbergs misfortunes. But the facts are MS got easily beaten by Rosberg, saying otherwise it's denying the facts and reality of what went on in the real world.



Amusing how the same statistics can lead people to two opposing conclusions. Or mabey you're just looking to gherkin of his fans?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
Herbalist wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:
MS got thrashed by Rosberg over three seasons, easily beat. Yes MS shown some good bits of speed but over the course of three seasons he was no match for Rosberg. Of course his fans will bring up the excuses of bad luck etc, but then they forget about Rosbergs misfortunes. But the facts are MS got easily beaten by Rosberg, saying otherwise it's denying the facts and reality of what went on in the real world.



Amusing how the same statistics can lead people to two opposing conclusions. Or mabey you're just looking to gherkin of his fans?


He's been doing that for years! You learn to ignore him!

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1699
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
lamo wrote:
But is the colour named after the fruit, or the fruit the colour?

Neither. "An orange" was originally written "A norange". Over time, it changed.

As for Schumi and Rosberg, Michael was faster at moments but never had the measure of him for any length of time. Nico was running better IIRC in China where both cars had clean air in front of them

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:32 pm
Posts: 614
SchumieRules wrote:
Herbalist wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:
MS got thrashed by Rosberg over three seasons, easily beat. Yes MS shown some good bits of speed but over the course of three seasons he was no match for Rosberg. Of course his fans will bring up the excuses of bad luck etc, but then they forget about Rosbergs misfortunes. But the facts are MS got easily beaten by Rosberg, saying otherwise it's denying the facts and reality of what went on in the real world.



Amusing how the same statistics can lead people to two opposing conclusions. Or mabey you're just looking to gherkin of his fans?


He's been doing that for years! You learn to ignore him!


I only speak the truth, I guess that hurts for some.

_________________
RSR Racing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3930
F1Thomas wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Herbalist wrote:
F1Thomas wrote:
MS got thrashed by Rosberg over three seasons, easily beat. Yes MS shown some good bits of speed but over the course of three seasons he was no match for Rosberg. Of course his fans will bring up the excuses of bad luck etc, but then they forget about Rosbergs misfortunes. But the facts are MS got easily beaten by Rosberg, saying otherwise it's denying the facts and reality of what went on in the real world.



Amusing how the same statistics can lead people to two opposing conclusions. Or mabey you're just looking to gherkin of his fans?


He's been doing that for years! You learn to ignore him!


I only speak the truth, I guess that hurts for some.


Indeed, I've lost lots of sleep over this...

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Badgeronimous, Classic, flyboy10, jimmyj, mikeyg123, P-F1 Mod, pubpokerplayer, RunningMan, shoot999, SwedeForceOne and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.170s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]