planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:26 pm

All times are UTC

In which driver's hands would you put your life?
Fernando Alonso 33%  33%  [ 31 ]
Lewis Hamilton 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
Kimi Raikkonen 18%  18%  [ 17 ]
Sebastian Vettel 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
Jenson Button 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
Mark Webber 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nico Hulkenberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 93
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
Oh, I was hoping it would be "who would you trust enough to ride with?" As is, I chose the one who hasn't choked in a title fight yet.

2009?.

Vettel didn't choke in the 2009 championship, he was catching up, fast. The only person who could choke in the title fight was Button. It was his to lose.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:44 pm 

Cant really choke when it's a long shot to begin with can you? I'd love to say Vettel did choke, but he didn't. Came close to in 2012, but still didn't. He's no choker.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm 

I would have to put my life in the hands of the most consistent of the top drivers, Alonso. As stated before by others, he makes relatively few mistakes, can handle an unruly car better than most, and at the end of the race he is usually near the top no matter where he starts.

If not Alonso, my second choice would probably be Button.... after all, it is my life we are talking about... not sure I am willing to risk that with the other top drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:42 pm 

Probably Webber. With my betting luck, I'm damned anyway. I may as well meet him before I die.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:44 pm 

Sharkattack wrote:
So, basic stuff here guys. Imagine a series of 10 races on a given track,not one that really exists though. The cars are identical but can be set up for driver preference. A race weekend includes both qualifying and the race. Basically, the only differing factor is the drivers. Your survival lies in the hands of one driver, who must become champion after these 10 races, with points scored just like in F1. So who will drive for your life?

Think carefully about the following:

One lap pace, Race pace, strategic ability, tyre management, etc.

Here's another crucial fact; the driver you pick will be told "YOU, DRIVER X, ARE DRIVING FOR MR.Y's LIFE." So take "mental strength" into consideration too.

So think carefully, and vote wisely :)
I was nearly going to say, nobody but me does. :smug: :lol:
But then I re-read what the driver will be told, and that makes it so simple: nobody but Räikkönen. And I'll give him a choc-ice and a coke to celebrate! :proud:

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:29 pm 

Alonso, by a country mile.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm 

I'd choose Kimi for his super-smooth style and for keeping out of accidents.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm 

Close between Hamilton and Vettel, but I chose Vettel. Fast over one lap, consistent in race pace (well, they both are...).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 pm 

Räikkönen, without a single doubt.

Vettel would be a clear first choice, but something tells me he doesn't handle the pressure of a human life resting on his shoulders like he does with normal race pressure, and not be quite as fast - too slow, that is.
Alonso also seems like a surprisingly insecure choice - he'd be racing so full-out it could be risky.
Hamilton still feels like he could make a crucial mistake knowing what's going on, and that would be disastrous. Also see Vettel.
Webber has a good attitude, but is lacking in consistent speed. The problem is the driver has to be champion, which is why Button is a bit doubtable.

This leaves us with Räikkönen - he's the combination of smooth, fast enough, and most importantly quite simply doesn't care about it (for better and for worse). Overall the best choice.
My answer would be different if the driver didn't know anything; in that case it would be Vettel, Alonso or Räikkönen. With the information, it's Räikkönen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 pm 

Fernando Alonso....is he annoyingly consistent!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm 

Raikkonen. Simply because he was so bloody consistent last year and didn't get involved in any collisions that I can remember, someone feel free to correct me.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Raikkonen. Simply because he was so bloody consistent last year and didn't get involved in any collisions that I can remember, someone feel free to correct me.

i think you are correct...i think the only self inflicted incident he had last year was when he outbraked himself in Brazil behind Vettel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:16 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

i think you are correct...i think the only self inflicted incident he had last year was when he outbraked himself in Brazil behind Vettel.

And taking a detour lol. But guess your life would still be safe going down there lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

And taking a detour lol. But guess your life would still be safe going down there lol

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am 

Raikonnen for me I think he handles pressure better than anyone and given equal cars he would have been a multiple champion anyway. Simply he doesn't make many mistakes and is cosistantly incredibly fast.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:48 pm 

Water wrote:
Räikkönen, without a single doubt.

Vettel would be a clear first choice, but something tells me he doesn't handle the pressure of a human life resting on his shoulders like he does with normal race pressure, and not be quite as fast - too slow, that is.
Alonso also seems like a surprisingly insecure choice - he'd be racing so full-out it could be risky.
Hamilton still feels like he could make a crucial mistake knowing what's going on, and that would be disastrous. Also see Vettel.
Webber has a good attitude, but is lacking in consistent speed. The problem is the driver has to be champion, which is why Button is a bit doubtable.

This leaves us with Räikkönen - he's the combination of smooth, fast enough, and most importantly quite simply doesn't care about it (for better and for worse). Overall the best choice.
My answer would be different if the driver didn't know anything; in that case it would be Vettel, Alonso or Räikkönen. With the information, it's Räikkönen.

Kimi looks like he doesnt care, but that doesnt mean he really doesnt care

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:41 am 

Quote:
Here's another crucial fact; the driver you pick will be told "YOU, DRIVER X, ARE DRIVING FOR MR.Y's LIFE." So take "mental strength" into consideration too.

I can imagine Kimi saying "The chocolate fudge cake with that person, I don't care, I'm here to race". May even be applicable to other drivers, so I'm not too sure that their mental strength will matter much.

I'd be more interested in the results if their lives were on the line instead, as they will literally be driving for their lives! Imagine the choking on the last race... (and no, I am not sadistic)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 am 

Hamilton, because he's better than the rest!