planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:35 pm 

www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105153

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm 

Can I get a high five for breaking this news 2 days before Autosport? anybody? bueller?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Can I get a high five for breaking this news 2 days before Autosport? anybody? bueller?

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm 

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:56 pm 

Man my cats don't high five.. Lazy things better get their act together or they'll be out in the snow!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am 

High five Ashley.

Simon Rennie will be moving over from the Lotus F1 Team to replace Ciaron Pilbeam. Rennie acted as Kimi Räikkönen's race engineer in 2012, having worked with the likes of Fernando Alonso, Heikki Kovalainen, Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld since 2004. Pilbeam will in turn switch to Lotus to take up the role of Chief Race Engineer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 am 

I've said this elsewhere - as a Kimi fan, I'm happy with the Rennie-Pilbeam swap. Some of Kimi's strategies were poor last season and cost him dearly (China, Bahrain, Spain - to name a few). The communication that lead to Kimi being knocked out of Q1 in Australia was awful as well.

It's difficult to know who had more of the say in the decisions; Slade or Rennie, but, either way, Pilbeam is more experienced, so hopefully the same mistakes won't come about again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 am 

mccormickja wrote:
I've said this elsewhere - as a Kimi fan, I'm happy with the Rennie-Pilbeam swap. Some of Kimi's strategies were poor last season and cost him dearly (China, Bahrain, Spain - to name a few). The communication that lead to Kimi being knocked out of Q1 in Australia was awful as well.

It's difficult to know who had more of the say in the decisions; Slade or Rennie, but, either way, Pilbeam is more experienced, so hopefully the same mistakes won't come about again.

I could be mistaken, but was Pilbeam responsible for any of Webber's dodgy strategies at all? I hear his name regularly but can't remember if it was in relation to strategies.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 pm 

Just to pre-empt the inevitable Red Bull conspiracies, there is always one after all, I may as well advance one theory. Renault are in cahoots with Red Bull and have decided to hobble Kimi, who is a stronger challenger to Vettel than Webber, with a new race engineer as a carefully planned act of sabotage for the 2013 season. We all know that Vettel can't win in a fair fight with anybody, ho hum...

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm 

hittheapex wrote:
Just to pre-empt the inevitable Red Bull conspiracies, there is always one after all, I may as well advance one theory. Renault are in cahoots with Red Bull and have decided to hobble Kimi, who is a stronger challenger to Vettel than Webber, with a new race engineer as a carefully planned act of sabotage for the 2013 season. We all know that Vettel can't win in a fair fight with anybody, ho hum...

Oh my......

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm 

Kimi isn't getting a new race engineer. He's dropping from 2 RE's to 1, Mark Slade, who he worked with last year and many years ago.

Ciaron will be Chief Race Engineer, which means he oversees the two guys who actually engineer the drivers, as well as their data and performance engineers.

Rennie has engineered a lot of drivers in their worst ever (or close to it) seasons, and Ciaron has never impressed me in any way. I don't see either team getting a huge benefit in this swap outside the "fresh blood, fresh take" factor.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 am 

hittheapex wrote:

Please tell me you're just engaging in sarcastic humor. Please?

I need to go out and get very drunk after reading this post. Actually, this is what I really need.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm 

hittheapex wrote:

Just another theory people, nothing to see here...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
hittheapex wrote:

I need to go out and get very drunk after reading this post. Actually, this is what I really need.

I have highlighted those parts in bold, don't worry it was sarcastic! I would never have submitted it if I thought it would be taken seriously, it was meant to deride the conspiracy theories that are constantly levelled at Red Bull. Didn't work, I won't bother next time. I'll come out and get very drunk with you if you don't mind, drown my sorrows at a failed attempt at humour :blush:

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
hittheapex wrote:

Maybe if you read the post you could save yourself some pain!