planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:15 pm 

Here is the fact: whatever Alonso say, this forum goes crazy.

You can love him or hate him but...what would be this forum without him...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:30 am 

bourbon19 wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
He didn't have any digs at Seb, in fact he praised Seb for being infallible in 2011, how can that be anything but a compliment, these so called 'digs' are non-existent as ashley has said above me and made it abundantly clear that he wasn't saying it to make people think anything and was merely putting forward his opinion that he considers Hamilton his main rival

You see, Ashley described this very situation, where fans fill in the blanks. Alonso never said that Hamilton was his main rival, only that Hamilton was the strongest driver.

Oh but he was also directly quoted as saying about Vettel: "I didn't say he's not the strongest driver" Ashley tried to describe the situation, but she admitted that his comments made no sense and rather than try to make sense of them, she just ignored the nonsensical part and focused on the praise. That does not take the onus off of Alonso and her statement does not support your point either.

Others speak of language barriers (i.e., maybe Alonso doesn't understand that "strongest" is the final superlative - so what he actually meant was "strong" and there can be two or more "strong" drivers). True, but those "fans" are also "filling in the blanks" so again, Ashleys reasoning fails.

Alonso gave Seb a couple of backhanded compliments - which is not the opposite of badmouthing. Perhaps you can call it badmouthing light, but he knows what he is doing. A contradicting compliment (Hamilton is the strongest, oh - I didn't say Vettel wasn't the strongest) and false praise (he made no mistakes in the wet - except his biggest mistake from the lead and his biggest accident in F1 to date) does not serve as "praise" - sorry.

Furthermore, this is one statement. Alonso's history of negative remarks concerning Seb speaks for itself. If he was trying to turn over a new leaf, he failed.

But he isn't. He's just onto more games. You'll see.

nike2die4 wrote:
it does come off as Seb fans get disgruntled that Alonso doesn't mention Vettel's name.....it's as if Alonso isn't entitled to his opinion,the guy has been saying the same thing since the end of the 2010 season,i don't know why it's so hard for some to accept that's how genuinely feels,they always have to put on their Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson hats to dissect everything and pass it off as "mind games".

Actually, it comes off as if some are a bit desperate to see Alonso's words of praise as genuine, and that it means a lot to them that he praise their driver of choice. They feel that if Alonso is playing games with Vettel, his statements about Hamilton just might not be genuine.

I can relate, but sadly, it is all just games for Alonso. Just like Monty publicly valuing Vettel over Hamilton. Their Vettel quest might be sincere, but most of the public comments: just games games games.

Have you heard Alonso's latest sincere statement? "Massa is one of the best drivers in the world and I will support him in a title bid if necessary" :uhoh: :lol: :o If nothing else, el Nano keeps us entertained. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105186

probably only in your head.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 am 

Oh god! If only some of you had a couple of your sometimes very dubious sentences deconstructed with the scrutiny that Alonso's comments are here.

Roll on car launches in two weeks.

Edit: additionally, the factually incorrect thread title does not help matters. At all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 am 

To summarise the majority of this thread so far:

-If Alonso praises Hamilton he is covering up for his inferiority of 2007.
-If Alonso doesn't praise Hamilton he is a bitter old man still upset about 2007.
-If somebody with a professed liking for a driver other than Alonso makes a reply backed up with quotes, supported by facts that millions of F1 fans witnessed, they are bitter based solely on the fact their driver is an opponent of Hamilton.

This polarization of fans into colored camps of each driver and team is looking like football. Users that write with nothing but politeness and show nothing but respect to others attract abuse for no other reason than their "colours." It must stop.

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:40 am 

hittheapex wrote:

-If Alonso doesn't praise Hamilton he is a bitter old man still upset about 2007.
-If somebody with a professed liking for a driver other than Alonso makes a reply backed up with quotes, supported by facts that millions of F1 fans witnessed, they are bitter based solely on the fact their driver is an opponent of Hamilton.

This polarization of fans into colored camps of each driver and team is looking like football. Users that write with nothing but politeness and show nothing but respect to others attract abuse for no other reason than their "colours." It must stop.
You're forgetting the Vettel factor. If Fernando praises a different driver than Vettel then he is playing mind games on Sebastian.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 am 

chican wrote:
hittheapex wrote:

You're forgetting the Vettel factor. If Fernando praises a different driver than Vettel then he is playing mind games on Sebastian.

Naturally. Don't forget, if he praises Vettel than he is playing mind games too, luring him to the great glorious Scuderia as a friend, not a foe...

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 am 

Anyone recall a game called Simon Says? When a statement started with the words 'Simon Says' everybody had to do what was said.

Here's a new game. It's a bit like Simon Says but it requires everyone to go berserk attaking or defending specific drivers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 am 

tootsie323 wrote:
Anyone recall a game called Simon Says? When a statement started with the words 'Simon Says' everybody had to do what was said.

Here's a new game. It's a bit like Simon Says but it requires everyone to go berserk attaking or defending specific drivers.
I'd rather do the Simons says thing, for instance, Symonds says "crash against the wall on lap 14th."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
While I don't think his comments actually made any sense and I never trust anything he says is his personal feeling and not serving an agenda, don't get your panties in a twist about him bad mouthing Seb. He didn't. At all. It might be his intention to have his words construed that way, but he didn't actually say anything negative. He went out of his way to do the opposite. He will always leave it in a way that allows the doubts (and insecurities) in the minds of his listeners to fill in the blanks - that makes it the listener who is projecting the negative sentiments on Sebastian, and you'd have to say Kimi and JB as well given they're left out of the conversation entirely. Its a clever and easily identifiable tool out of the public communication handbook studied by all advertisers, politicians, spokespersons, public speakers.

:o :-P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:30 pm 

chican wrote:
tootsie323 wrote:
I'd rather do the Simons says thing, for instance, Symonds says "crash against the wall on lap 14th."
Ouch! :-P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
I meant strongest driver not main rival, i know thats what i said but it was just an ill-advised way saying that he thinks Hamilton is the stronger driver of the two

I have no trouble believing that's exactly what happened. But the mind and subconscious works in weird ways, and sometimes we don't even realize that we're being manipulated until after the fact.

well obviously he isnt going to be his main rival this year since Hamilton is in a Merc that probably wont be challenging for the title

I could not agree with you more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm 

Alonso says he thinks Hamilton is his strongest rival. There are two possibilities of what this means:

a) He is telling the truth and he does think Hamilton is the strongest rival
b) He is lying and does not think Hamilton is the strongest rival.

If it is a) then there are two possibilities.

1) His opinion is correct, Hamilton is his strongest rival
2) His opinion is incorrect, Hamilton is not his strongest rival.

If it is b) then there are two possibilities

1) His true opinion is incorrect, Hamilton is his strongest rival
2) His true opinion is correct, Hamilton is not his strongest rival.

I think that it is a) and this is his true opinion, that Hamilton is his strongest rival. Because all F1 drivers believe themselves to be the best and Hamilton is the one he will always be directly compared to. It is easier for him to dismiss Vettel's success, both in his mind an mentally and publically down to the Newey factor regardless of how factually correct it is. Because he has faced Hamilton in the same car - regardless of whether Hamilton had an unfair advantage handed to him from McLaren (although it is probably correct to say that on balance, over the course of the season, any favouritism was probably evened out) - he is more aware of what Hamilton is capable of having worked with him in the same environment as team mates. Although Vettel and Alonso may be more equivalents in terms of actual success, Hamilton will always be the driver Alonso is compared to because of 2007.

However, Alonso in the quote stipulated this was just his opinion:

"The strongest driver? It is a personal opinion, not political, not to make people think something. Who is the strongest opponent, the strongest driver on grid? Who is the one you have to keep an eye on? It is Hamilton - and it will still be Hamilton next year."

So when he then says:

"I am not saying [Vettel] is not the strongest driver.

What he is saying is that his opinion might be incorrect. Of course, this assumed a) not b).

The fact is, as Alonso said himself, this is his opinion. Whether it's his actual opinion or just some deception, in either case the truth could be that either Hamilton is his strongest rival or someone else is. Alonso's opinion does not reflect reality and other people are free to have a different opinion that may or may not be more correct.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm 

This guy is the strongest because he got vettel 3 wdc.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:51 pm 

I know there's a german magazine which had a similar frontpage starring Michael Schumacher back in 93, as homo erotical as Horner's.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:16 pm 

That pic is crying out for a Caption this ! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 am 

A2jdl wrote:

Horner advertises the importance of good wing mirror design.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:19 am 

I thought that pic was on the banned list... any mods would like to give input?

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:04 am 

garagetinkerer wrote:

It's the thong pic that was banned.

I can see no thong there (can't even decide if that is a good or a bad thing!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 pm 

chican wrote:
I know there's a german magazine which had a similar frontpage starring Michael Schumacher back in 93, as homo erotical as Horner's.

hittheapex wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Horner advertises the importance of good wing mirror design.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:01 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:

Thong picture? post it schumie none of the new members have seen this pic including me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:

Thong picture? post it schumie none of the new members have seen this pic including me.

You've never seen the Flavio thong picture? Mods, can we just this once... Actually nope, not risking it!

It is banned from the site, banned forever, mainly because it was not a photoshop! Google it, then protect your eyes and don't blame me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:

You've never seen the Flavio thong picture? Mods, can we just this once... Actually nope, not risking it!

It is banned from the site, banned forever, mainly because it was not a photoshop! Google it, then protect your eyes and don't blame me.

It's horrific. In fact I don't even think it's supposed to be mentioned around here is it?!

Horner's picture... well... I don't know what to say... I wonder if he looks back at it and says "I've made many wise decisions in my time, and this is definately one of them. DAMN."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm 

Or if he gives the team a Horner and Autos; Stripped calendar each year.

"Er... thanks boss."
"You're welcome world."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 pm 

jammin78 wrote:

"Er... thanks boss."
"You're welcome world."

Only to the ones that misbehaved!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

"Er... thanks boss."
"You're welcome world."

Thats why the team is winning so much now, the threat of being given a nude Horner picture.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

"Er... thanks boss."
"You're welcome world."

Thats why the team is winning so much now, the threat of being given a nude Horner picture.

:lol: Horner is a smart man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
garagetinkerer wrote:

It's horrific. In fact I don't even think it's supposed to be mentioned around here is it?!

Horner's picture... well... I don't know what to say... I wonder if he looks back at it and says "I've made many wise decisions in my time, and this is definately one of them. DAMN."

That flavio picture :lol: Since I have seen the picture i think its only fair that the other new members see that picture :twisted:
Mods can i post the picture?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm 

Flavio's picture in 5

1...... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 am 
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:

That flavio picture :lol: Since I have seen the picture i think its only fair that the other new members see that picture :twisted:

And give half the forum nightmares for a week? No, thanks!!! Have mercy, some of us work really hard at trying to forget we ever saw that image.

Schumierules, I am with you. In fact, I would not oppose the idea of giving mr Horner's display the same treatment we give mr Briatore's!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 am 

Mod_Yellow wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

And give half the forum nightmares for a week? No, thanks!!! Have mercy, some of us work really hard at trying to forget we ever saw that image.

Schumierules, I am with you. In fact, I would not oppose the idea of giving mr Horner's display the same treatment we give mr Briatore's!

Thanks, this Friday is hard as it is! I don't mind Horner's personally, I mean it is nothing compared to the Flavio pic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 am 

Horner's picture... well... I don't know what to say... I wonder if he looks back at it and says "I've made many wise decisions in my time, and this is definately one of them. DAMN."[/quote]

Mods can i post the picture?[/quote]

Schumierules, I am with you. In fact, I would not oppose the idea of giving mr Horner's display the same treatment we give mr Briatore's![/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 am 

Lets give the new members and lurkers a preview :lol: ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm 

Goddamit mate,

I almost chocked on my coffee there.........

That's no joke!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Goddamit mate,

I almost chocked on my coffee there.........

That's no joke!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:16 pm 

diablof1 wrote:

I prefer your new avatar... :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

I know she is gorgeous :nod:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

I have to ask, who is it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

I have to ask, who is it?

Have not got a clue mate :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 am 

diablof1 wrote:

*flavio pic*

Actually I think everyone has seen that photo, it's not something that's only been around on this forum. So please stop it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:47 pm 

Covalent wrote:
diablof1 wrote:

*flavio pic*

Actually I think everyone has seen that photo, it's not something that's only been around on this forum. So please stop it!

I believe posting of the full pic is an actual ban-worthy offence.