It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am

All times are UTC

Rosberg is being undersestimated.
Agree 62%  62%  [ 56 ]
Not Agree 16%  16%  [ 14 ]
Nahh, Hamilton will humiliate him. 22%  22%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 90
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 am 

I'm not concerned at all, but I'm excited for Rosberg because with a high-caliber driver and much younger compared to Schumi. It will definately push Merc to push to develop the chassis this season and I think with a solid chassis, Rosberg can most certainly be a match for Hamilton. This will show if he will back down or pick it up like Nick Heidfeld did in 2006 going into 2007 against Robert Kubica.

He will be ready and I think it will be a fine teammate battle between them because Rosberg looks as if he is ready to finally be considered one of the "good/great drivers" of the field because I've always had a soft spot for Rosberg in his Williams days. I want to see this energetic Rosberg I saw in 2006 to 2009 because the man could out fly and I think he will be dangerous for Hamilton because Rosberg can really help or hurt himself with this opprotunity for the rest of his career. Rosberg is a pretty damn good qualifier and he's no slouch race pace wise, so I'm not worried about him in the slighest.

We ALL love you Schumi! Don't ever give up!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 am 

OutKast wrote:
I'm not concerned at all, but I'm excited for Rosberg because with a high-caliber driver and much younger compared to Schumi. It will definately push Merc to push to develop the chassis this season and I think with a solid chassis, Rosberg can most certainly be a match for Hamilton. This will show if he will back down or pick it up like Nick Heidfeld did in 2006 going into 2007 against Robert Kubica.

He will be ready and I think it will be a fine teammate battle between them because Rosberg looks as if he is ready to finally be considered one of the "good/great drivers" of the field because I've always had a soft spot for Rosberg in his Williams days. I want to see this energetic Rosberg I saw in 2006 to 2009 because the man could out fly and I think he will be dangerous for Hamilton because Rosberg can really help or hurt himself with this opprotunity for the rest of his career. Rosberg is a pretty damn good qualifier and he's no slouch race pace wise, so I'm not worried about him in the slighest.

If they could not be bothered to do their best with a 7-times WDC in their car, do you think this will motivate?

I think it will be interesting to see how Lewis copes with things in a new team... it will perhaps give more glimpses into his psyche. Nico, for his own sake he better pick up some slack. Not that he couldn't do a better job, but sometimes last season, i got an impression that he couldn't be arsed. German or not, he'd find himself landing on his rear tossed by Merc, if he does not perform proper. Lewis' signing will put pressure on him no doubt, but how much, let us find out this season.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:07 am 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
And of course there are the loud and vocal Hamilton fans who perpetually state that Hamilton will "crush" or "destroy", or "eviscerate" anyone who competes against their hero. So they are making exactly the same noise against Rosberg that they did with Button, and as history has shown, Button more than held his ground.

People will compare Rosberg to Hamilton for the next year, and if Rosberg does manage to best him, legions of loyal and loud Hamilton fans will swamp forums with every excuse and conspiracy theory to prove that it wasn't Rosberg that bested Hamilton, but rather one of a long list of excuses from team principle bias to Twitter malfunction to alien abduction.

Because the ravings of a few fanboys (who exist for any driver) is obviously representative of a whole fanbase...

Of course not. I'm very aware that for any driver, there are different levels of vocal commitment. I know and respect some very fine people who are devout Hamilton fans, and I am aware of others who are at the other end of the spectrum. If you bother to actually read my post, I refer to a certain segment, nowhere did I state, "all Hamilton fans".

I hold to the theory that be it politics, religion or even being a fan of a team or individual in sport, there are fans who wear their pride in dignity and moderate activity (the quiet majority), and those who are, as I believe, "the loud minority".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 am 

I do not understand why OP's keep using terms like "we", "everyone believes", "most people feel" - when that is not the case at all. Some feel that Hamilton would destroy Rosberg, others don't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:56 am 

rawsushi wrote:
Rosberg would've had a decent chance to win the WDC if he were driving for Red Bull.

Indeed, I don't view him as any different to Vettel in terms of ability.

I do think Hamilton will beat him comfortably.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 am 

OutKast wrote:

Do you really think the designers weren't pushing their hardest because they had Schui and Rosberg ? :? :?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 pm 

Johnston wrote:
OutKast wrote:

Do you really think the designers weren't pushing their hardest because they had Schui and Rosberg ? :? :?

Perhaps because F1 developement is so different these days, Schumi was not as good at developing the car as he used to be, and Hamilton is the perfect developement driver for the simulator-based modern F1. Perhaps.

I don't actually believe that but it's a possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:25 pm 

I don't thing Nico will mind either way. We underestimated him in 2010 when we thought he'd be destroyed by Schumacher, look how that turned out. It was only in the 3rd year that Schumacher started to get the best of him, even then it was only on occasion.

I don't think he'll beat Hamilton but I think he'll be closer than Heikki was.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:44 pm 

I would never underestimate Nico, he's one of my faves. He's a talented driver, perhaps not on the same level as Ham/Seb/Nando but certainly no slouch. I think Hamilton and Nico will be a very productive pairing for Mercedes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:01 pm 

I'd never underestimate any driver that makes it into F1. The one big positive I can see with the Nico and Lewis pairing is that they may work a lot better as a team than Jenson and Lewis did due to their past - it may not pan out that way, but thats life lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:05 pm 

Voted yes.

He is a bit underrated. He is a good solid driver who makes few mistakes. Very valuable driver for a team as he consistently score points. I think in a top car he can be a challanger for the title.
Hamilton is the better driver without a doubt, but do I think he will destroy Nico? No.