planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm 

Conclusion: He's just focussing on the smooth release of the 2nd paddle. Felipe is quicker to replace the first hand (his right) at the "normal" position, while slowly letting out the 2nd with his left.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:25 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
I watched as many Ferrari starts from 2012 as I could find. In most, it looks like Fernando isn't touching the wheel at all. And on a couple of occasions that wheel REALLY wanders, with no sense of urgency in the return of his hands to the top of the wheel. At some races, it looks like he has one hand near the bottom of the wheel and you can't see the second. Germany was one of these, and it wasn't a great start. Straight into the limiter, and the whole thing sounded rough, and a bit bumpy in the car (not just when on the limiter). Remember that was a front row start.

Felipe seems to have one hand low on the wheel, and one up near the normal driving position. There was less evidence to examine for him though.

The F2012 wheel does have a set of paddles about 3/4 of the way down, but so did the RBR and Lotus wheels (maybe others, I just know these two definitely did), and those guys seem to hold them "normally" at the start.

Now on to phase 2, seeking an explanation :P

Relative to the guys around him, Germany was a great start for Alonso. he already had a good few meters over Vettel going into T1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm 

Relative, yes