All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:07 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Off-topic, ever so slightly:
Laura23 wrote:
Look at 1999, Ferrari wanted Irvine to win the title badly

This was doubted at the time. Do you know more than we do?
For what it's worth; it seemed as if Ferrari were lost when it had to work for Irvine as their number one driver, and found its feet again when Schumacher was back. That also seemed the time Irvine's performance slumped again, though I admit that might simply be coincidence.

I genuinely believe that if they didn't want Irvine to win they would have told Schumacher to scamper off into the Sepang sunset and said Irvine just couldn't keep up with him. That the switch happened suggests to me they did want to win it just as badly with both drivers. Luca DmZ knew what a WDC win would do for Ferrari back home. I have no doubt Schumacher didn't want Irvine to win though and didn't give Hakkinen half as hard a time in Japan as he could have. It all worked out perfectly for him in the end of course. Luca didn't care who won Ferrari's titles though, just that Ferrari won them.

If they wanted to win all they had to do was remember how many wheels went on a Ferrari :lol: :lol:

Didn't that happen to Vettel in Brazil? Fortunately, or not if you are an Alonso fan, they found the tyres in good time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm 

I really want to believe it. If nothing else, everyone should know that the team is bigger than any driver. It would mean though that for the 4th time he would lose the title while Massa would be going for it. It would be a very hard pill to swallow, not only for Alonso, but for any driver in that position.

I'll just say that I will believe it when I see it on track.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:10 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Off-topic, ever so slightly:
Laura23 wrote:
Look at 1999, Ferrari wanted Irvine to win the title badly

This was doubted at the time. Do you know more than we do?
For what it's worth; it seemed as if Ferrari were lost when it had to work for Irvine as their number one driver, and found its feet again when Schumacher was back. That also seemed the time Irvine's performance slumped again, though I admit that might simply be coincidence.

I genuinely believe that if they didn't want Irvine to win they would have told Schumacher to scamper off into the Sepang sunset and said Irvine just couldn't keep up with him. That the switch happened suggests to me they did want to win it just as badly with both drivers. Luca DmZ knew what a WDC win would do for Ferrari back home. I have no doubt Schumacher didn't want Irvine to win though and didn't give Hakkinen half as hard a time in Japan as he could have. It all worked out perfectly for him in the end of course. Luca didn't care who won Ferrari's titles though, just that Ferrari won them.

If they wanted to win all they had to do was remember how many wheels went on a Ferrari :lol: :lol:

Didn't that happen to Vettel in Brazil? Fortunately, or not if you are an Alonso fan, they found the tyres in good time.

With Seb it was just a late call and no tyres were ready. With Eddie they just didn't bring enough out then looked at each other as if to say "Something not quite right with this picture" :lol: :lol:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."