planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:02 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:
Does anybody know when the rules moved from solely weight of the car to car + driver?

Certainly before Schumacher did another famous cheat - turning up for the start of season weigh-in with a helmet so full of lead he couldn't hold his head up with it on.

That's the first time I've heard this.

Any proof for this claim?

How would a lead-filled helmet assist a driver? The amount of force on their necks with the extra weight would be unbearable. Pray tell and share the info with us if you can

Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button. One of these drivers was never found with an underweight car.

Clue: he's German.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 am 

Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:
Does anybody know when the rules moved from solely weight of the car to car + driver?

Certainly before Schumacher did another famous cheat - turning up for the start of season weigh-in with a helmet so full of lead he couldn't hold his head up with it on.

How would a lead-filled helmet assist a driver? The amount of force on their necks with the extra weight would be unbearable. Pray tell and share the info with us if you can

Michael Schumacher, Jenson Button. One of these drivers was never found with an underweight car.

I thought the rules changed in '89..?....well before Schumacher's debut.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:06 am 

purchville wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:

I thought the rules changed in '89..?....well before Schumacher's debut.

He's talking about BAR running a 'secret' secondary fuel tank allowing the car to run underweight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:08 am 

Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:

Haha, touche!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 am 

Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:

Jenson is German?! Bloody 'eck!

Actually my cousin believes Jens is German, and regularly tries to tell me that Jenson isn't a British name and is very German. Admittedly he's only ten, but still... c'mon man, there's a british flag next to his name most times you see him!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:
lamo wrote:

Actually my cousin believes Jens is German, and regularly tries to tell me that Jenson isn't a British name and is very German. Admittedly he's only ten, but still... c'mon man, there's a british flag next to his name most times you see him!

Sporting a mullet:

Means he's half German.

If he had a moustache as well, you would be sure!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am 

SchumieRules wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Chunky wrote:

Sporting a mullet:

Means he's half German.

If he had a moustache as well, you would be sure!

Christ, he was a scruffy bugger at times wasn't he? Jenson of old and Jenson of now are like two seperate people! But yes, he is practically German... I'll have to admit my cousin is correct, or avoid the topic by telling him Santa doesn't exist.