planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
He may be unhappy that Seb doesn't get the praise he thinks he deserves, but Seb is not his meal ticket. We've been round that topic before.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 4937
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


And the year before it was Vettel, and the year before it was Alonso, and the year before it was Vettel, ...

In short: no, I don't think what you're saying is correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
I think Fernando might be a little dissapointed he didn't join RB when he had the opportunity.
The car has been competitive for for the past 4 seasons & he is probably feeling he could be close to Schuey on titles if he had taken the drive.
Hindsight however is a very accurate science.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 679
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


In a handful of years, no one will give a damn. Everyone will remember the winner. Everyone will see the #1 and Vettel next to it. No one ever researches for #2. If anyone is bitter....It's Alonso. Was Alonso all smiles at the end of the Brazilian race? No, You can bet your donkey Marko couldn't get rid of the smile for a week straight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 5075
Location: Ireland
mds wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


And the year before it was Vettel, and the year before it was Alonso, and the year before it was Vettel, ...

In short: no, I don't think what you're saying is correct.

2009?

Vettel was impressive but I don't remember the general consensus being that he was driver of the year.

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
The full AUTOSPORT F1 Team Principals' top ten results for 2009 are:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 1152
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Well clearly you are wrong as I am part of everyone, and I don't think Alonso drove better. Some of the F1 bosses agree with me as it was not unanimous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Nebraska, USA
which ones, bourbon?

I don't recall seeing many F1 bosses claim that "Alonso did not drive better". Except perhaps the Red Bull people.

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 1152
Blake wrote:
which ones, bourbon?

I don't recall seeing many F1 bosses claim that "Alonso did not drive better". Except perhaps the Red Bull people.


The poll results didn't specify who voted for the drivers, just how many votes each got. Prolly was the STRF and RBR TPs refusing to play ball, lol. But I was just making the point that we can't generalize.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Posts: 3582
Location: Nebraska, USA
fair enough, bourbon, as I have frequently called people on blanket statements that don't allow for exceptions. I was just curious who you might be referring to as I had not seen much to support it.
;)

_________________
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 am
Posts: 23
Alonso the ultimate tongue master...awesome

_________________
Pulkit Tripathi


Diehard Kimi Raikkonen , Alonso and Lewis Hamilton Fan

Support Mercedes and Force India

The Constructor’s Championship doesn't really mean anything to me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3998
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...


Can't wait to see how this one is going to go

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 5075
Location: Ireland
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
The full AUTOSPORT F1 Team Principals' top ten results for 2009 are:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Consider my words to be eaten.

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 922
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...


Can't wait to see how this one is going to go


Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am
Posts: 411
TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...


Can't wait to see how this one is going to go


Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?

Maybe the point is, F1 bosses (not everyone like Formula1Fan said) saying that Alonso was the best driver in 2012 makes Marko bitter despite Vettel winning the WDC. So it can be implied that winning F1 bosses' votes is more important than winning the WDC, otherwise why should it be Marko who's feeling bitter, and not Alonso who failed to win the WDC? We know that failing to get something we extremely desire can make us feel bitter, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
You can want more than one thing though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 922
ferdinand wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...


Can't wait to see how this one is going to go


Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?

Maybe the point is, F1 bosses (not everyone like Formula1Fan said) saying that Alonso was the best driver in 2012 makes Marko bitter despite Vettel winning the WDC. So it can be implied that winning F1 bosses' votes is more important than winning the WDC, otherwise why should it be Marko who's feeling bitter, and not Alonso who failed to win the WDC? We know that failing to get something we extremely desire can make us feel bitter, right?


Yeh i agree with this. My opinion is that Marko wants Vettel to be recognised as the best driver. Whilst he got many compliments on getting 3 world championships, it seems the majority of praise from the media and the F1 paddock went to Alonso this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 7757
Johnston wrote:
Might as well join in with the Off Season Topics. Surprised this one hasn't popped up.

Quote:
After hearing ‘no’, it always hurts a little more each time


Full article

http://www.inautonews.com/alonso-snubbe ... veral-time

So Alonso turned down both Honda/Brawn and Red Bull who between them have won the last 4 WDC's, he can sure pick em

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Champion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 516
Simon Cowell hires Mark Knoffler to write a song then Kylie Minogue to sing it. They produce the hit of the year and clean up. The audience turns around and says 'Knoffler is a genius and Kylie did a flawless job but she's still not up there with Sarah Brightman'. Does Simon stay up and night worrying about that?

Actually I find the idea that Marko stays up at night worrying that the world believes his man to be only the 2nd or 3rd fastest driver pretty funny so I almost hope it's true.

_________________
Trying to use 'tongue in cheek' humour in a forum is like wearing a Borat t-shirt in Kazakhstan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3998
TheThirdTenor wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.


Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...


Can't wait to see how this one is going to go


Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?

Maybe the point is, F1 bosses (not everyone like Formula1Fan said) saying that Alonso was the best driver in 2012 makes Marko bitter despite Vettel winning the WDC. So it can be implied that winning F1 bosses' votes is more important than winning the WDC, otherwise why should it be Marko who's feeling bitter, and not Alonso who failed to win the WDC? We know that failing to get something we extremely desire can make us feel bitter, right?


Yeh i agree with this. My opinion is that Marko wants Vettel to be recognised as the best driver. Whilst he got many compliments on getting 3 world championships, it seems the majority of praise from the media and the F1 paddock went to Alonso this season.


I didn't think I'd have to explain this one...

I'm sure winning the WDC is a little bit more important than "who the bosses think drove better". Alonso may have driven better, but the RB/Vettel package won the WDC, even though the RB didn't have the bulletproof reliability of the Ferrari and had their rear diffuser woes on the first part of the year.

Point was that I am sure Alonso would prefer the WDC than the vote of the bosses. And Vettel/Marko surely must prefer the WDC than the said vote...

By the way I don't think that Marko can do anything to make Vettel more recognised. He's the WDC for the last 3 years and a great ambassador for the sport! What else is there to do? Vettel is as hot a commodity in F1 as Alonso and Hamilton in my opinion. We know he's been linked to Ferrari etc., I doubt there's much more anyone can do for him.

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 am
Posts: 380
Location: 127.0.0.1
The way I see it now...
Alonso is political always has been dating back to his issues with Hamilton in 2007.
As for Marko he runs his mouth far too often, a straight up cock.
Hamilton FTW WDC 2014 ^_^.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 am
Posts: 2247
mcdo wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
The full AUTOSPORT F1 Team Principals' top ten results for 2009 are:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Consider my words to be eaten.



Hmmm...Kimi a long way down that list for a WDC...good thing he went rallying

_________________
2013 PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 4 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 1933
purchville wrote:
mcdo wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
The full AUTOSPORT F1 Team Principals' top ten results for 2009 are:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Consider my words to be eaten.



Hmmm...Kimi a long way down that list for a WDC...good thing he went rallying


4 of the 5 above him are champions and Rubens finished runner up a few times, so I wouldn't consider it a poor showing. If anything, I'm surprised he is as far ahead of Massa as that, considering their relative performances in 2009 before the Hungarian Grand Prix.

_________________
The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 750k2, AdsBot [Google], Bing [Bot], Dcarp and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group