planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm 

Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm 

He may be unhappy that Seb doesn't get the praise he thinks he deserves, but Seb is not his meal ticket. We've been round that topic before.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
Marko is bitter because everyone (F1 bosses included) said Alonso drove better than his meal-ticket Vettel last year.

And the year before it was Vettel, and the year before it was Alonso, and the year before it was Vettel, ...

In short: no, I don't think what you're saying is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 pm 

I think Fernando might be a little dissapointed he didn't join RB when he had the opportunity.
The car has been competitive for for the past 4 seasons & he is probably feeling he could be close to Schuey on titles if he had taken the drive.
Hindsight however is a very accurate science.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

In a handful of years, no one will give a damn. Everyone will remember the winner. Everyone will see the #1 and Vettel next to it. No one ever researches for #2. If anyone is bitter....It's Alonso. Was Alonso all smiles at the end of the Brazilian race? No, You can bet your donkey Marko couldn't get rid of the smile for a week straight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 am 

mds wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

And the year before it was Vettel, and the year before it was Alonso, and the year before it was Vettel, ...

In short: no, I don't think what you're saying is correct.

2009?

Vettel was impressive but I don't remember the general consensus being that he was driver of the year.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:38 am 

The full AUTOSPORT F1 Team Principals' top ten results for 2009 are:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

Well clearly you are wrong as I am part of everyone, and I don't think Alonso drove better. Some of the F1 bosses agree with me as it was not unanimous.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:10 am 

which ones, bourbon?

I don't recall seeing many F1 bosses claim that "Alonso did not drive better". Except perhaps the Red Bull people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 am 

Blake wrote:
which ones, bourbon?

I don't recall seeing many F1 bosses claim that "Alonso did not drive better". Except perhaps the Red Bull people.

The poll results didn't specify who voted for the drivers, just how many votes each got. Prolly was the STRF and RBR TPs refusing to play ball, lol. But I was just making the point that we can't generalize.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 am 

fair enough, bourbon, as I have frequently called people on blanket statements that don't allow for exceptions. I was just curious who you might be referring to as I had not seen much to support it.
;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 am 

Alonso the ultimate tongue master...awesome

Diehard Kimi Raikkonen , Alonso and Lewis Hamilton Fan

Support Mercedes and Force India

The Constructor’s Championship doesn't really mean anything to me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:

Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...

Can't wait to see how this one is going to go

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:55 am 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Consider my words to be eaten.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

Let's ask Alonso if he prefers the "F1 chiefs think you drove better" title or the WDC...

Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm 

TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

Obviously he would prefer to win the WDC, he even said this himself. I don't see what your point is?

Maybe the point is, F1 bosses (not everyone like Formula1Fan said) saying that Alonso was the best driver in 2012 makes Marko bitter despite Vettel winning the WDC. So it can be implied that winning F1 bosses' votes is more important than winning the WDC, otherwise why should it be Marko who's feeling bitter, and not Alonso who failed to win the WDC? We know that failing to get something we extremely desire can make us feel bitter, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm 

You can want more than one thing though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:23 pm 

ferdinand wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

Maybe the point is, F1 bosses (not everyone like Formula1Fan said) saying that Alonso was the best driver in 2012 makes Marko bitter despite Vettel winning the WDC. So it can be implied that winning F1 bosses' votes is more important than winning the WDC, otherwise why should it be Marko who's feeling bitter, and not Alonso who failed to win the WDC? We know that failing to get something we extremely desire can make us feel bitter, right?

Yeh i agree with this. My opinion is that Marko wants Vettel to be recognised as the best driver. Whilst he got many compliments on getting 3 world championships, it seems the majority of praise from the media and the F1 paddock went to Alonso this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:29 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Might as well join in with the Off Season Topics. Surprised this one hasn't popped up.

Quote:
After hearing ‘no’, it always hurts a little more each time

Full article

http://www.inautonews.com/alonso-snubbe ... veral-time

So Alonso turned down both Honda/Brawn and Red Bull who between them have won the last 4 WDC's, he can sure pick em

2013: 5th Place

2014: Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:48 am 

Simon Cowell hires Mark Knoffler to write a song then Kylie Minogue to sing it. They produce the hit of the year and clean up. The audience turns around and says 'Knoffler is a genius and Kylie did a flawless job but she's still not up there with Sarah Brightman'. Does Simon stay up and night worrying about that?

Actually I find the idea that Marko stays up at night worrying that the world believes his man to be only the 2nd or 3rd fastest driver pretty funny so I almost hope it's true.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 am 

TheThirdTenor wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
Formula1Fan. wrote:

Yeh i agree with this. My opinion is that Marko wants Vettel to be recognised as the best driver. Whilst he got many compliments on getting 3 world championships, it seems the majority of praise from the media and the F1 paddock went to Alonso this season.

I didn't think I'd have to explain this one...

I'm sure winning the WDC is a little bit more important than "who the bosses think drove better". Alonso may have driven better, but the RB/Vettel package won the WDC, even though the RB didn't have the bulletproof reliability of the Ferrari and had their rear diffuser woes on the first part of the year.

Point was that I am sure Alonso would prefer the WDC than the vote of the bosses. And Vettel/Marko surely must prefer the WDC than the said vote...

By the way I don't think that Marko can do anything to make Vettel more recognised. He's the WDC for the last 3 years and a great ambassador for the sport! What else is there to do? Vettel is as hot a commodity in F1 as Alonso and Hamilton in my opinion. We know he's been linked to Ferrari etc., I doubt there's much more anyone can do for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 am 

The way I see it now...
Alonso is political always has been dating back to his issues with Hamilton in 2007.
As for Marko he runs his mouth far too often, a straight up cock.
Hamilton FTW WDC 2014 ^_^.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:30 am 

mcdo wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Hmmm...Kimi a long way down that list for a WDC...good thing he went rallying

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am 

purchville wrote:
mcdo wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:

1. Sebastian Vettel 76
2. Jenson Button 67
3. Lewis Hamilton 65
4. Fernando Alonso 39
5. Rubens Barrichello 35
6= Kimi Raikkonen 30
6= Mark Webber 30
8. Felipe Massa 19
9. Robert Kubica 10
10. Adrian Sutil 8

Hmmm...Kimi a long way down that list for a WDC...good thing he went rallying

4 of the 5 above him are champions and Rubens finished runner up a few times, so I wouldn't consider it a poor showing. If anything, I'm surprised he is as far ahead of Massa as that, considering their relative performances in 2009 before the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy