planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
kai_ wrote:
Blake wrote:
kai_ wrote:
IMO the meeting was about something else completely. I wouldn't put it past Ferrari to have set it up so they could leak it and start all the rumours to destabilize the team.

You give Ferrari far more credit than they merit in the devious conspiracy aspect. Ferrari arranges a meeting between their Human Resources department and the head guy at one of their competitors, who conveniently goes along with the dupe, just to get the media sources wagging in the hopes that it destablizes the opposition???? Damn they are a clever lot, and how dumb of Horner to be duped by them as well.

Can these posts get any more ridiculous?
;)

I am not saying the purpose to the meeting was a smokescreen to get Horner to Ferrari to play games; I believe the purpose/substance of the meeting was genuine. But there is almost no other way for the existence of his visit to have gotten back to the press if not for Ferrari leaking it. This was at Maranello, not Horner visiting the Ferrari garage during a Grand Prix weekend. The only possibilities are a media contigent following Horner there, which seems highly improbable, Horner himself leaking it, which doesn't make sense or Ferrari. I see it as perfectly plausible that Ferrari had the meeting at Maranello in the first place to then leak the information.

They have history in trying to destabilise Red Bull over the past 12 months and in playing political games. I don't see any reason to give them the benefit of the doubt or to assume they are not calculating.

The other thing is that to assume that I think only Ferrari would do this is a false assumption. All F1 teams engage in games to various degrees. This thread happens to be about Ferrari and this is something that IMO fits with their behaviour.

What I have said might be extremely cynical but it isn't ridiculous.

IF (and that's a huge IF) this meeting occurred as reported, this is the theory that makes the most sense to me. The timing, having this get into the news just before the start of a new season, isn't the time of year to recruit, or seek employment at another team. But it's the perfect time to plant the seeds of doubt, to attempt to destabilize someone. The only reason I can see Horner seeking a job at a team like Ferrari is that he believes that Dietrich Mateschitz intends to pull the plug on the entire enterprise.

As far as the speculation on Ferrari seeking a dream team, Vettel seems quite happy at Red Bull, Ferrari adores Alonso, and anyways, that's now how Ferrari currently structure their driver lineups. Newey is in the position where he can pick and choose. He's quite rich now, and can pursue whatever he wishes, maybe designing racing yachts.

some of you do realize that just because Horner went to Ferrari doesn't mean always have to mean he is inquiring about employment...there are million and one reasons why he could have gone there,they aren't at war you know and i don't know about you guys but visiting a rival company doesn't exactly always raise the alarms,it's not like he went on a tour of their wind tunnel and looked at their 2013 designs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
I've solved it... Horner was visiting the Ferrari factory to give them a copy of this for their garage...

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:33 am 

diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
I've solved it... Horner was visiting the Ferrari factory to give them a copy of this for their garage...

I just hate to see men objectified in this way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 am 

Webber and Massa to swap seats before the season starts? ;)

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm 

lauda, whitmarsh, bernie and horner were all there at the same time to discuss the concorde agreement...bet horner got a kick out of all the rumours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:36 pm 

^ http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horne ... maranello/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:37 pm 

pc27b wrote:
lauda, whitmarsh, bernie and horner were all there at the same time to discuss the concorde agreement...bet horner got a kick out of all the rumours

thats what they want you to think.

Really Lauda was trying to employ Whitmarsh, Horner, Bernie and Ferrari for Mercedes.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm 

"Congratulations Fernando, Lewis. You guys have been so complimentary of each other lately, and now you get to be teammates again!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:43 am 

pc27b wrote:

With the Ferrari HR guy?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:48 am 

robberred1993 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I just hate to see men objectified in this way.

:lol: God, that picture is a bit freaky. I must say I prefer him now he is older & has all his clothes on :D