planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:43 am 

Hamilton says about Alonso:
"I believe he's the best and he said that in Brazil about me."

http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/8429 ... ith-Alonso

Mind games or not, only God knows, but it's ironic in my eyes, they praise each other but Vettel keeps running away with the titles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 am 

Same old same old... Of course they're going to give nothing but praise to the driver that equalled them while they were teammates.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 am 

They should have a date or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 am 

chican wrote:

A room maybe?

It is seriously getting weird now, this bromance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 am 

ferdinand wrote:
Mind games or not, only God knows, but it's ironic in my eyes, they praise each other but Vettel keeps running away with the titles.
They could try what Senna did; offer their services for nothing, just to get their hands on a car that can win the title(s).

Of course Senna didn't go through with it, and neither will these two. Too much money in their sights.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:34 am 

Fiki wrote:
Too much money in their sights.
And then you ask why do I find your posts funny =D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 pm 

I reckon that Alonso and Hamilton are probably the best two drivers in F1, in as much as it's possible for a guy sat watching F1 on his TV to actually make that judgement; but this mutual love-in that's developing like a 1980s Nescafe ad between these two is probably just because they're a bit sore about Vettel's successes. And I guess that's fair enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm 

I knew it! i should have guessd that louie's relationship with nicky Scheißesänger was a cover

F1's first gay marriage maybe ? how sweet :)

cue the denials from the happy couples love lorn fans

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 pm 

Not this fairy cakes again.

Prepare yourself for months of threads like this one every time Alonso and Hamilton praise each other.

It's a pathetic attempt to annoy Vettel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm 

RickM wrote:

Prepare yourself for months of threads like this one every time Alonso and Hamilton praise each other.

No its not , its Twoo Wuv i tell ya !!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 pm 

RickM wrote:

Oh, here they come... the Vettel crowd is tiddled again. Now that is a surprise.
:nod:

I wonder if there is any chance each of the two drivers just really do believe that the other is the best, and it is not a political attack at Vettel at all? It is possible you know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:06 pm 

I thought Alonso said Hamilton was the "strongest" driver? Not "best"?

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 pm 

Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

Oh, here they come... the Vettel crowd is tiddled again. Now that is a surprise.

I wonder if there is any chance each of the two drivers just really do believe that the other is the best, and it is not a political attack at Vettel at all? It is possible you know.

It is possible Blake but knowing how manipulative both drivers were at McLaren, they both clearly like mind games, then the Vettel baiting wouldn't be any less of a shock either. I think both must be a little sheepish that a younger guy has come into F1 and won more titles than they have as quickly as he has.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm 

RickM wrote:

Pathetic is a pretty strong word to use to describe a sportsperson's answer to a question, don't you think? As much as we think it might be prompted by Vettel and his three championships, we can only really take it as being their genuine opinion. To call this pathetic seems a bit unfair.

Also... thanks for the warning, but I would actually consider myself perpetually prepared for internet discussions that I have no interest in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 pm 

Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

Way off base there. I hate vettel with a passion.

I cant say I'm particularly fond of Alonso or Hamilton either.

So no - you're wrong. IMO its still a pathetic attempt to annoy Vettel.

Some of us actually have a much wider view of the sport and the teams. It is actually possible to enjoy the sport without blindly following 1 team or driver you know...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 pm 

fieldstvl wrote:
RickM wrote:

Pathetic is a pretty strong word to use to describe a sportsperson's answer to a question, don't you think? As much as we think it might be prompted by Vettel and his three championships, we can only really take it as being their genuine opinion. To call this pathetic seems a bit unfair.

Also... thanks for the warning, but I would actually consider myself perpetually prepared for internet discussions that I have no interest in.

Maybe pathetic isnt the right word. When I said pathetic I meant that it really didn't work last year, so it'd be silly for them to assume it will work this year. We all know that Alonso seems to like playing mindgames, and this is a (logically) a fairly effective way of baiting Vettel.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
chican wrote:

A room maybe?

It is seriously getting weird now, this bromance

I remember as far back as 2009 Alonso offering some comfort to Hamilton over the saga of Australia 2009 when Hamilton lied to the race stewards. Martin Brundle commented that the supposed emnity wasn't what people thought it was two years on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm 

Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

how dare they! infact how dare anyone not praise Vettel's name? :lol: some of these Vettel fans deserve to be laughed at with their silliness.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

how dare they! infact how dare anyone not praise Vettel's name? :lol: some of these Vettel fans deserve to be laughed at with their silliness.

Or you could learn to read before replying. ;) I'm not a vettel fan - the exact opposite in fact.

Who's the silly one now...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:07 pm 

If it was psychological as some say and they also say it didnt work on Vettel, then dont you think two people smart enough to do this would think "hey this is a waste of time, why bother?"

Or quite possibly do you think that both just think the other is something special, as theyve worked together where as neither has worked with Vettel.

I remember an Interview with Hamilton, where he was asked about a possible Vettel move to merc in the future (probably Lauda insitgated the question through the press) and Hamilton simply replied "it would be interesting to see who really is the best in the same car"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:14 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

It is possible Blake but knowing how manipulative both drivers were at McLaren, they both clearly like mind games, then the Vettel baiting wouldn't be any less of a shock either. I think both must be a little sheepish that a younger guy has come into F1 and won more titles than they have as quickly as he has.

Well the circumstances surrounding each driver are different so I don't think Alonso or Hamilton have anything to feel sheepish about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:32 pm 

Blake wrote:

This is only my opinion: maybe they aren't politically attacking Vettel like you said. They're just saying about each other "that person, who was about equal to me at McLaren, is the best driver in the world. So automatically I'm the best driver in the world too." That's what I see.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm 

It's A Fine Bromance.

Need somebody with the photoshop skillz.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm 

I'd agree they are both better than Vettel. And I'm not play mind games btw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:44 pm 

Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

lol yeah but they both can't be right!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm 

I didn't say either one of them is right, only that it is just possible that they believe what they are saying and that it was not meant as a snub of Vettel. After all, there are many knowledgeable people who would agree with either one of their choices, it is not like they are saying that some unknown is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:33 pm 

Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

They call it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy#Fa ... alse_cause

Alonso praises Hamilton, therefore he's either mindplaying or downplaying Vettel.

Alonso not praising Vettel openly seems to cause a (false) dilemma in some people around:

Having Vettel won three consecutive titles, why does Alonso praise a different driver?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 pm 

Or maybe Alonso and Hamilton are the best drivers? And Vettel is just a fast driver that has lucked into having the best car for 3 years running?

I mean HAmilton and Alonso, probably have a better idea on driver talents than us forumers. I don't see why people get so butthurt when their driver isn't praised.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm 

I find it odd how poles on this forum show that most people think the two best drivers are Alonso and Hamilton but if either of them think that they must be playing mind games! Could be that they actually agree with the majority.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 pm 

f1madman wrote:
Or maybe Alonso and Hamilton are the best drivers? And Vettel is just a fast driver that has lucked into having the best car for 3 years running?

I mean HAmilton and Alonso, probably have a better idea on driver talents than us forumers. I don't see why people get so butthurt when their driver isn't praised.

This is correct assuming that both Alonso and Hamilton are very truthful people who never lie..Nothing is further away from the truth if past history is anything to go by..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
I find it odd how poles on this forum show that most people think the two best drivers are Alonso and Hamilton but if either of them think that they must be playing mind games! Could be that they actually agree with the majority.

You do realize this is a British forum..Hamilton fans will have no problems saying Alonso is the best..You see Hamilton beat him in his rookie year..Catch my drift?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am 

schumilegend wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

You do realize this is a British forum..Hamilton fans will have no problems saying Alonso is the best..You see Hamilton beat him in his rookie year..Catch my drift?

Well Alonso is not the most popular driver in the UK. I think he gained a lot more respect from the British public in these last 2 seasons because he has driven extremely well and not been involved in any big controversies. However, he is still disliked by many in the country.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 am 

Alonso was pretty popular in the UK during the Schumacher beating years, but allot of Brits do admire him for his talent still.

Oh and to the poster who says both drivers are liars because they have lied in the passed..... Find me one bugger who hasn't ever lied in their life?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 am 

I find their constant complimenting pretty funny, they keep doing it and Vettel keeps winning titles. I do genuinely believe that they think highly of each other, but does Hamilton really think Alonso is the best driver in the world? Doesn't he think he's better than him and vice versa?

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 am 

Let's not kid ourselves, when they were praising each other during the season, it was obviously mind games on Vettel and/or other drivers. That fairy cakes picked up fast in the 2nd half of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:53 am 

mikeyg123 wrote:

This.

In DOLOMITE's poll (completed by ATH) the top two drivers were Alonso and Hamilton so i dont really understand how it can be the majority opinion around here but if one of them says it then they are liars and just playing mind games

Are we playing mind games too?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:59 am 

FormulaFun wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:

This.

In DOLOMITE's poll (completed by ATH) the top two drivers were Alonso and Hamilton so i dont really understand how it can be the majority opinion around here but if one of them says it then they are liars and just playing mind games

Are we playing mind games too?

it seems that way doesn't it :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:05 am 

schumi7 wrote:
I find their constant complimenting pretty funny, they keep doing it and Vettel keeps winning titles. I do genuinely believe that they think highly of each other, but does Hamilton really think Alonso is the best driver in the world? Doesn't he think he's better than him and vice versa?

Do you really expect Hamilton to tell the press he thinks he is the best.......lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm 

Fiki wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
They could try what Senna did; offer their services for nothing, just to get their hands on a car that can win the title(s).

Of course Senna didn't go through with it, and neither will these two. Too much money in their sights.

senna couldn't go through with it prost had it written in his contract that senna could not be his team mate if i recall, maybe wrong though it was a long time ago

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 pm 

Going to be interesting to see what both say when/if they run into each other at some point (on track!)

2013: 12th
2014: 38th