planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm 

f1madman wrote:
Alonso was pretty popular in the UK during the Schumacher beating years, but allot of Brits do admire him for his talent still.

Oh and to the poster who says both drivers are liars because they have lied in the passed..... Find me one bugger who hasn't ever lied in their life?

Thanks for making my point..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm 

stevefromstoke wrote:
RickM wrote:
Not this fairy cakes again.

Prepare yourself for months of threads like this one every time Alonso and Hamilton praise each other.

It's a pathetic attempt to annoy Vettel.

No its not , its Twoo Wuv i tell ya !!

http://youtu.be/0Pamgat1Wro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:08 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves, when they were praising each other during the season, it was obviously mind games on Vettel and/or other drivers. That fairy cakes picked up fast in the 2nd half of the season.

that fairy cakes as you call it started before the 2nd half of the season,Alonso has been signing praises of Lewis ever since the end of the 2009 season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 pm 

schumilegend wrote:
f1madman wrote:
Alonso was pretty popular in the UK during the Schumacher beating years, but allot of Brits do admire him for his talent still.

Oh and to the poster who says both drivers are liars because they have lied in the passed..... Find me one bugger who hasn't ever lied in their life?

*kicks you*

I didn't make your point, quit lying.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:20 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves, when they were praising each other during the season, it was obviously mind games on Vettel and/or other drivers. That fairy cakes picked up fast in the 2nd half of the season.

that fairy cakes as you call it started before the 2nd half of the season,Alonso has been signing praises of Lewis ever since the end of the 2009 season.

I know it's been going on for years, but it got way more consistent when it became a clear Alonso vs Vettel title fight last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:

I know it's been going on for years, but it got way more consistent when it became a clear Alonso vs Vettel title fight last year.

Wasn't the last time that Alonso made that sort of comment just before the Singapore GP? And at that stage in the season, it really did look like Hamilton was going to be his biggest challenger.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 am 

f1madman wrote:
schumilegend wrote:
f1madman wrote:

*kicks you*

You sound like you're a little slow..So we agree that Alonso and Hamilton lie just like any other normal human being..So what makes you feel this sudden new found mutual respect is not a lie?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 am 

JonA wrote:
stevefromstoke wrote:
RickM wrote:

Prepare yourself for months of threads like this one every time Alonso and Hamilton praise each other.

No its not , its Twoo Wuv i tell ya !!

http://youtu.be/0Pamgat1Wro

:lol: :D :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 am 

schumilegend wrote:
f1madman wrote:
schumilegend wrote:
f1madman wrote:

*kicks you*

You sound like you're a little slow..So we agree that Alonso and Hamilton lie just like any other normal human being..So what makes you feel this sudden new found mutual respect is not a lie?

You missed the point about you lying. By your logic, actually I will give you more credit.... By your'agenda' because someone has lied before every statement they make or statements that do not sit well worth you.... CLEARLY must be a lie.

And by that thinking since you've clearly lied before, you are just trolling saying that Alonso and Lewis considering each other to be the best driver is also a lie...... When really the majority of fans think the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am 

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:
Going to be interesting to see what both say when/if they run into each other at some point (on track!)

Yes, that is what I am waiting for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 pm 

How does it matter how much or if at all Alonso admires Hamilton or not? It doesn't matter if Hamilton considers Alonso better than Vettel! It doesn't win you world championships. Adrian Newey is someone Alonso was fighting for the title because of his choices. It was his choice to move to Ferrari. The point very simply remains that best car or bad car, Newey or not, Vettel @ 25 is a more successful driver than the two. That's it.

How much should one value Alonso's and Hamilton's opinion is personal discretion. For my sake, I care less what Alonso says.

In 2006', winning a WDC was winning one in a non Ferrari. Today, it's all about that.
In 2007', Massa deserved the title more than Hamilton in his words. Today, Hamilton is Christ.

Such people in my book are a laughing stock when they open their mouth.

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 pm 

TheThirdTenor wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

Oh, here they come... the Vettel crowd is tiddled again. Now that is a surprise.
:nod:

I wonder if there is any chance each of the two drivers just really do believe that the other is the best, and it is not a political attack at Vettel at all? It is possible you know.

It is possible Blake but knowing how manipulative both drivers were at McLaren, they both clearly like mind games, then the Vettel baiting wouldn't be any less of a shock either. I think both must be a little sheepish that a younger guy has come into F1 and won more titles than they have as quickly as he has.

Well the circumstances surrounding each driver are different so I don't think Alonso or Hamilton have anything to feel sheepish about.

No and they both have a bigger portfolio of teammates to gauge themselves against as opposed to Vettel

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 pm 

ferdinand wrote:
Blake wrote:
I wonder if there is any chance each of the two drivers just really do believe that the other is the best, and it is not a political attack at Vettel at all? It is possible you know.

This is only my opinion: maybe they aren't politically attacking Vettel like you said. They're just saying about each other "that person, who was about equal to me at McLaren, is the best driver in the world. So automatically I'm the best driver in the world too." That's what I see.

At least they have that comparison to draw from though, we will never see Vettel paired with either Hamilton or Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm 

schumilegend wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
I find it odd how poles on this forum show that most people think the two best drivers are Alonso and Hamilton but if either of them think that they must be playing mind games! Could be that they actually agree with the majority.

You do realize this is a British forum..Hamilton fans will have no problems saying Alonso is the best..You see Hamilton beat him in his rookie year..Catch my drift?

It seems that all but Vettel fans are prepared to say that Alonso is the best

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:15 pm 

schumi7 wrote:
I find their constant complimenting pretty funny, they keep doing it and Vettel keeps winning titles. I do genuinely believe that they think highly of each other, but does Hamilton really think Alonso is the best driver in the world? Doesn't he think he's better than him and vice versa?

I think that he believes that Alonso is the only driver that can beat him

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm 

Going to be interesting to see what both say when/if they run into each other at some point (on track!)

When has that happened in the last 3 years?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:23 pm 

pokerman wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Blake wrote:
RickM wrote:

Oh, here they come... the Vettel crowd is tiddled again. Now that is a surprise.

It is possible Blake but knowing how manipulative both drivers were at McLaren, they both clearly like mind games, then the Vettel baiting wouldn't be any less of a shock either. I think both must be a little sheepish that a younger guy has come into F1 and won more titles than they have as quickly as he has.

Well the circumstances surrounding each driver are different so I don't think Alonso or Hamilton have anything to feel sheepish about.

No and they both have a bigger portfolio of teammates to gauge themselves against as opposed to Vettel

and Vettel has the journey man webber and the rocketship of the redbull

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:52 pm 

A2jdl wrote:

And the statistics, trophys, wdc, wcc titles that noone in the 2013 field can match, poor guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
pokerman wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Blake wrote:

Well i believe Webber to be more of a journeyman driver but its clear that both Vettel and Red Bull are very comfortable with Vettel having Webber has a teammate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 pm 

AnRs wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

And the statistics, trophys, wdc, wcc titles that noone in the 2013 field can match, poor guy

He's certainly made the most of the opportunity given to him by Red Bull

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:04 pm 

pokerman wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
pokerman wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Well i believe Webber to be more of a journeyman driver but its clear that both Vettel and Red Bull are very comfortable with Vettel having Webber has a teammate

To be fair if I had the skills of Vettel, I'd be glad to have Webber as my team mate.
And if I had the awesome skills of Nando, I'd be glad to have Massa as my team mate.
If I had the bitchin' skills of Hamilton, I'd be glad to have... well I suppose Kovalainen as my team mate.

They've all had such team mates at one point, Vettel just hasn't had that world champ team mate at any point. And why would he need to? Going back through the history books, who looks at say Jackie Stewart and says "yes he won these titles, but his team mate was ______ so it's not THAT impressive." Not many look at who the team mate was after a while. Does anyone give Alonso hell for having Fisi as a team mate, or Schumi for having Rubens as a teammate etc etc. It doesn't matter. Titles matter.

Still... I'd LIKE to see Vettel in the same team as Alonso/Hamilton just to see the ensuing epicness.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 pm 

I think everyone wants to see Vettel in the same team as either Alonso, Hamilton or Raikonnen.

That would be an epic season indeed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm 

stevey wrote:
I think everyone wants to see Vettel in the same team as either Alonso, Hamilton or Raikonnen.

It won't happen though, much like you would never see a true topliner matched against Schumacher during the dominant years at Ferrari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm 

pokerman wrote:
stevey wrote:

It won't happen though, much like you would never see a true topliner matched against Schumacher during the dominant years at Ferrari

It will happen, Webber won't drive a career as long as Vettel.
But why would Red Bull change what they are doing, they have been dominant now for 3 years?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
How does it matter how much or if at all Alonso admires Hamilton or not? It doesn't matter if Hamilton considers Alonso better than Vettel! It doesn't win you world championships. Adrian Newey is someone Alonso was fighting for the title because of his choices. It was his choice to move to Ferrari. The point very simply remains that best car or bad car, Newey or not, Vettel @ 25 is a more successful driver than the two. That's it.

How much should one value Alonso's and Hamilton's opinion is personal discretion. For my sake, I care less what Alonso says.

In 2006', winning a WDC was winning one in a non Ferrari. Today, it's all about that.
In 2007', Massa deserved the title more than Hamilton in his words. Today, Hamilton is Christ.

Your first paragraph is the crux of the matter IMO. And it seems that almost everyone here is missing it. Whether genuine, sincere, political or fallacious, in the end, whatever Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Marko or anyone else says is nothing but personal opinion. The only real value it has is what we arbitrarily assign in our own personal opinions later. (Btw by the same logic, our own personal opinions have no real value except for what others assign them in their own personal opinion and so ad infinitum.)

I honestly believe that most of the problems in this forum stem from people failing to realize this and believing that such opinions hold a universal value and will therefore be used as facts. And this is the true logical fallacy: personal opinions, even those of Alonso or Hamilton or anyone else are not facts and are not absolute truths.

So in the end, what does it really matter that Alonso thinks Hamilton is the best driver to compete against him?

And while on this subject, what’s the exact meaning and definition of “THE BEST DRIVER”?

Personally I find these comments hilarious and I’m surprised the respective teams aren’t trying to put an end to them. “The two best drivers” were beaten by Kimi in 2007, barely beat Massa in 2008 and haven’t won anything since even though they’ve been driving for “the two best teams”. What does that say about Ferrari and McLaren when compared to RedBull? It’s four years running now that Red Bull has them both beat despite having worse drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:02 pm 

pokerman wrote:

Malaysia 2011 comes to mind. We can discount Spa last year as someone else was the catalyst.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm 

AnRs wrote:
pokerman wrote:
stevey wrote:

It will happen, Webber won't drive a career as long as Vettel.
But why would Red Bull change what they are doing, they have been dominant now for 3 years?

That's exactly my point

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 pm 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Malaysia 2011 comes to mind. We can discount Spa last year as someone else was the catalyst.

Yes i remembered after posting, that didn't seem to cause much of a problem between the two of them though

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm 

pokerman wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Yes i remembered after posting, that didn't seem to cause much of a problem between the two of them though

Yes, although both got penalties, neither seemed to blame the other. IIRC.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:32 pm 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

Yes, although both got penalties, neither seemed to blame the other. IIRC.

They penalised Alonso for damaging his own car, ridiculous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 pm 

Malaysia 2011 comes to mind. We can discount Spa last year as someone else was the catalyst.[/quote]
Yes i remembered after posting, that didn't seem to cause much of a problem between the two of them though[/quote]

Yes, although both got penalties, neither seemed to blame the other. IIRC.[/quote]
They penalised Alonso for damaging his own car, ridiculous[/quote]

I think they called it causing an avoidable accident even though he didn't appear to damage the McLaren. Could have done a Narain job on the tyre though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 am 

Well the penalty was a nonesense

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 am 

pokerman wrote:

At the the time I remember thinking that both penalties were unnecessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am 

Greg92 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Your first paragraph is the crux of the matter IMO. And it seems that almost everyone here is missing it. Whether genuine, sincere, political or fallacious, in the end, whatever Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Marko or anyone else says is nothing but personal opinion. The only real value it has is what we arbitrarily assign in our own personal opinions later. (Btw by the same logic, our own personal opinions have no real value except for what others assign them in their own personal opinion and so ad infinitum.)

I honestly believe that most of the problems in this forum stem from people failing to realize this and believing that such opinions hold a universal value and will therefore be used as facts. And this is the true logical fallacy: personal opinions, even those of Alonso or Hamilton or anyone else are not facts and are not absolute truths.

So in the end, what does it really matter that Alonso thinks Hamilton is the best driver to compete against him?

And while on this subject, what’s the exact meaning and definition of “THE BEST DRIVER”?

Personally I find these comments hilarious and I’m surprised the respective teams aren’t trying to put an end to them. “The two best drivers” were beaten by Kimi in 2007, barely beat Massa in 2008 and haven’t won anything since even though they’ve been driving for “the two best teams”. What does that say about Ferrari and McLaren when compared to RedBull? It’s four years running now that Red Bull has them both beat despite having worse drivers.

:thumbup:

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 pm 

ob1kenobi.23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:

At the the time I remember thinking that both penalties were unnecessary.

I agree