planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013?
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5999
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Formula1Fan. [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013?

If he does it would be the third time in four years having taken the accolade in 2010 and 2012 despite another driver winning the F1 title in those years.

The Ferrari car may not have what it takes to be the best in 2013 but will Alonso demonstrate once again that he is the premier driver on the grid maximising his return?

Author:  Covalent [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

My crystal ball fails me.

Author:  jammin78 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

Author:  A2jdl [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

maybe you could draw him one !

Author:  jammin78 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

A2jdl wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

maybe you could draw him one !

Image

Author:  Maky [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

jammin78 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

maybe you could draw him one !

Image

lol...some people on this forum so funny : P

Author:  A2jdl [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

:lol: :lol:

Author:  Covalent [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

I'm on it!

Author:  Teddy007 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Poll needs to be re-worded.

Best Overall Driver, remember thats not just talent but also leadership skills and management. There is a long list of things that a boss will consider.

As a result Alonso will win it.

Author:  rawsushi [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

I'd rather he'd just win the WDC

Author:  Laura23 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

I'm on it!

That's probably why it failed you...

Author:  Formula1Fan. [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Laura23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

I'm on it!

That's probably why it failed you...

:lol:

Author:  ashley313 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Image

Author:  orbthef1fan [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

I expect Hamilton to suprise this year.

Author:  Fiki [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Teddy007 wrote:
Best Overall Driver, remember thats not just talent but also leadership skills and management. There is a long list of things that a boss will consider.
Perhaps the other bosses have functioning crystal balls; I can't see how they can evaluate a driver's leadership skills in a team that's not theirs.
And if leadership skills are really that important, why don't they result in somebody like Timo Glock being voted best driver?

Author:  RickM [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Probably. There does seem to be a lot of respect for him from the paddock over the last couple of years.

Author:  Covalent [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Laura23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
My crystal ball fails me.

Sort it out man!

I'm on it!

That's probably why it failed you...

:lol:

Author:  BrazilLastCorner2008 [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

orbthef1fan wrote:
I expect Hamilton to suprise this year.


It wouldn't surprise many if Hamilton was the driver of the year IMO

Author:  swillis [ Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

rawsushi wrote:
I'd rather he'd just win the WDC


Seconded

Author:  ob1kenobi.23 [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Formula1Fan. wrote:
If he does it would be the third time in four years having taken the accolade in 2010 and 2012 despite another driver winning the F1 title in those years.

The Ferrari car may not have what it takes to be the best in 2013 but will Alonso demonstrate once again that he is the premier driver on the grid maximising his return?



If Seb were to win it it would only be his third time in 5 years having taken it in 2009 & 2011.

Author:  metamorphomisk [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

orbthef1fan wrote:
I expect Hamilton to suprise this year.


If you expect it, it wouldn't be a surprise? o_o

Author:  Toby. [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Too many questions are asked on here that we couldn't possibly know the answer to. Nobody can say that Fernando Alonso is going to be rated the best driver in 2013, nobody knows what the fastest car will be or which engine will be best in 2014.

Author:  bourbon19 [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Whoever comes second will be rated as best driver by the TPs., unless there is a super dominant driver.

Author:  purchville [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

If he drives like he did in 2012....yes...I don't think anyone can match that

Author:  Michael_f1 [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

It is waaaaayyyyyy too early to tell. We don't know how the season will unfold, who will really catch the bosses eye. In the end it will be their call ;). So I did not vote.

Author:  GicaEric [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

I got a hunch that Fernando's going to have a disastrous season with Massa beating him on most of the races.

Author:  Johnston [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

I reckon Hammy will take the honours.

Author:  Alienturnedhuman [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Vettel has done better historically in this poll than Alonso so surely it is more likely he would be the one likely to win it 'by default'.

Author:  metamorphomisk [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

GicaEric wrote:
I got a hunch that Fernando's going to have a disastrous season with Massa beating him on most of the races.


I have that same feeling that Rosberg would be hamilton most races too

Author:  ashley313 [ Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Nico is going to be Lewis? That might get more confusing than the yellow helmet situation.

Author:  ferdinand [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

bourbon19 wrote:
Whoever comes second will be rated as best driver by the TPs., unless there is a super dominant driver.

I agree, a kind of "consolation prize" for the one who makes the championship alive, maybe?
If there is a super dominant champ, the championship will be tasteless and no one else beside the champ deserves to be voted the best.

Author:  morgana [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

ferdinand wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Whoever comes second will be rated as best driver by the TPs., unless there is a super dominant driver.

I agree, a kind of "consolation prize" for the one who makes the championship alive, maybe?
If there is a super dominant champ, the championship will be tasteless and no one else beside the champ deserves to be voted the best.

No, it isn't a consolation prize. In the five years that this award has been given the WDC has won it in two occasions, the runner-up in three - in order since 2008, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Vettel, Alonso -, which is a pretty even distribution. I don't think you could argue Hamilton was super dominant in 2008, for example, or that Button did not dominate the 2009 WDC; but in the eyes of the team principals, Hamilton and Vettel did better than their peers in those seasons, given all the circumstances.

Author:  callMEcrazy [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

morgana wrote:
ferdinand wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
Whoever comes second will be rated as best driver by the TPs., unless there is a super dominant driver.

I agree, a kind of "consolation prize" for the one who makes the championship alive, maybe?
If there is a super dominant champ, the championship will be tasteless and no one else beside the champ deserves to be voted the best.

No, it isn't a consolation prize. In the five years that this award has been given the WDC has won it in two occasions, the runner-up in three - in order since 2008, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Vettel, Alonso -, which is a pretty even distribution. I don't think you could argue Hamilton was super dominant in 2008, for example, or that Button did not dominate the 2009 WDC; but in the eyes of the team principals, Hamilton and Vettel did better than their peers in those seasons, given all the circumstances.


Don't bother. They were just having a dig at Alonso.

Alonso may take it again this year but I have a feeling the Hamster will take it. Stars, bird signs, prophecies, etc all seem to point towards the Hamster for some reason.

Author:  DrG [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

I voted yes. I did read all of the replies on this thread &, guess what? I don't give a f@ck what anyone else says 8O :lol:

Author:  POBRatings [ Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Teddy007 wrote:
Poll needs to be re-worded.

Best Overall Driver, remember thats not just talent but also leadership skills and management. There is a long list of things that a boss will consider.

As a result Alonso will win it.


Agreed.

Author:  Formula1Fan. [ Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Will Alonso be voted F1 bosses best driver again in 2013

Fiki wrote:
Teddy007 wrote:
Best Overall Driver, remember thats not just talent but also leadership skills and management. There is a long list of things that a boss will consider.
Perhaps the other bosses have functioning crystal balls; I can't see how they can evaluate a driver's leadership skills in a team that's not theirs.
And if leadership skills are really that important, why don't they result in somebody like Timo Glock being voted best driver?

+1

They just pick who they believe drove the best. An overwhelming number fans and pundits believe it was Alonso in 2012 so the choice is hardly startling in that respect.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/