planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:02 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 pm 

read "image". Expected the worst.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 pm 

Flav is Webber's manager. Most likely something to do with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:28 pm 

Christ. Horner has the same phone as me. I'm upgrading ASAP.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

i noticed the phones to... i was looking at Flavios and thinking what is that !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm 

Two glasses of water and some dry biscuits - must have been a hell of a party!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm 

This is the "So I just wanted to let you know Mark is retiring from F1 at the end of this year to become a factory Porsche driver in their new LMP1 car in 2014" meeting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

i noticed the phones to... i was looking at Flavios and thinking what is that !

Looks like a Nokia 6300. Nice and up to date.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm 

I thought Briatore ceased being Webber's manager after the Singapore scandal?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:44 pm 

Toby. wrote:

Yeah, I thought Webber had said that at this point in his career, he could pretty much negotiate on his own in future.

Edit: Can't find it online, maybe I made that up...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm 

Toby. wrote:

Nope. He still manages Webber and Alonso.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... tid=133320

At least he was in 2011 and there is another article that mentions he was still manager in 2012.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:01 pm 

With the tensions escalating between Webber and Marko, Webber may be looking for an exit and Flav will certainly be wanting to protect his 15% cut.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Nope. He still manages Webber and Alonso.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... tid=133320

At least he was in 2011 and there is another article that mentions he was still manager in 2012.

If I remember correctly anybody that signs with Flav gives him 15% of earnings for racing life irrespective of whether you actually use his services or not. His argument was along the lines of 'you'd never have made it to F1 without me'. Old, old F1 mag interview.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm 

Is there a link with a date anywhere to this? I just thought Horner has a lot of hair and Flavio looks quite a bit thinner than more recent pics I've seen of him. That and the outdated phones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

good to see not everyone is mad about crappy touch screens....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 pm 

Im pretty sure thats an iphone 5 Christian's got there underneath the keyboard phone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm 

Maybe they are organising a photoshoot.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:17 pm 

Looks like someone bought a watch on sale at children's department in Tesco/Aldi.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:20 pm 

It is likely concerning Mark. Helmut most recently made rather cutting remarks, but prior to that, Flavio made a most cutting remark about Webber himself when he stated (quite truthfully) that Webber was the only driver outside of Massa to help Alonso during the Brazilian GP. Pretty nasty comment from your manager, even if it is true, because he is blatantly stating for all who may not have cared enough to consciously think about it, that Mark will work against the team - not only toward his own interests - but against theirs as well, if he damn well feels like it.

Mark's has never responded to that publicly, but he went down a lot in my estimation after the GP. Today Mark replied to Marko's comment that he wasn't a part of Marko's agenda - which was a deserved statement and fine to make. I suppose there is no reason at this point for him to say anything about his miserable actions at Brazil, there is no justification for squeezing out your teammate while allowing his premiere competition through, at the championship decider. All is well that ends well of course, so not too much recrimination went his way - but he did deserve it for his completely reprehensible behavior. It is just the wrong thing to do at that time.

I would imagine that if they were discussing Mark's future, Christian advised that Marko's opinion meant squat and that the real problem was Mark's behavior in the crunch. Who wants to deal with a driver that is untrustworthy to that extent? And who had the nerve - the utter gall - to demean the team for not forcing Sebastian to give up on his title chase to support him instead. He didn't have to do that - just not interfere negatively which he did. He did a positive thing also, I am not saying he was 100% dastardly, but nearly taking Seb out, then causing his position loss where he could expect more of the same was radically bad behavior from a teammate. Ferrari would have ditched him immediately following the race - you can bet your apples and oranges on that.

All of that said, hopefully the two are just having dinner. Flavio should not be allowed to manage drivers or step foot near any F1 racing administrative or racing facility. He should be completely and utterly blackballed for what he did. Does it really take death before people get and stay on board with decisions against those who would carelessly and callously risk the lives of drivers in that way? I will never forgive his actions.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 am 

bourbon19 wrote:
It is likely concerning Mark. Helmut most recently made rather cutting remarks, but prior to that, Flavio made a most cutting remark about Webber himself when he stated (quite truthfully) that Webber was the only driver outside of Massa to help Alonso during the Brazilian GP. Pretty nasty comment from your manager, even if it is true, because he is blatantly stating for all who may not have cared enough to consciously think about it, that Mark will work against the team - not only toward his own interests - but against theirs as well, if he damn well feels like it.

Mark's has never responded to that publicly, but he went down a lot in my estimation after the GP. Today Mark replied to Marko's comment that he wasn't a part of Marko's agenda - which was a deserved statement and fine to make. I suppose there is no reason at this point for him to say anything about his miserable actions at Brazil, there is no justification for squeezing out your teammate while allowing his premiere competition through, at the championship decider. All is well that ends well of course, so not too much recrimination went his way - but he did deserve it for his completely reprehensible behavior. It is just the wrong thing to do at that time.

I would imagine that if they were discussing Mark's future, Christian advised that Marko's opinion meant squat and that the real problem was Mark's behavior in the crunch. Who wants to deal with a driver that is untrustworthy to that extent? And who had the nerve - the utter gall - to demean the team for not forcing Sebastian to give up on his title chase to support him instead. He didn't have to do that - just not interfere negatively which he did. He did a positive thing also, I am not saying he was 100% dastardly, but nearly taking Seb out, then causing his position loss where he could expect more of the same was radically bad behavior from a teammate. Ferrari would have ditched him immediately following the race - you can bet your apples and oranges on that.

All of that said, hopefully the two are just having dinner. Flavio should not be allowed to manage drivers or step foot near any F1 racing administrative or racing facility. He should be completely and utterly blackballed for what he did. Does it really take death before people get and stay on board with decisions against those who would carelessly and callously risk the lives of drivers in that way? I will never forgive his actions.

Well said! :thumbup: :thumbup:

#7 Kimi Raikkonen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 am 

bourbon19 wrote:

What are you referring to with "Mark squeezed Vettel" as I don't really remember it? Do you mean at the start?

And I also can't recall Mark not racing Alonso? If I remember correctly he was racing towards T1 with Massa (Felipe on the inside) and Alonso passed them both and Mark was nowhere near Fred for the rest of the race.

Man, that race was so emotional for me, I barely remember anything now :]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 am 

bourbon19 wrote:

You do remember Mark let Vettel through latter on in the race do you?

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 am 

ashley313 wrote:
This is the "So I just wanted to let you know Mark is retiring from F1 at the end of this year to become a factory Porsche driver in their new LMP1 car in 2014" meeting.

I'm good with that. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 am 

You really wrote four long donkey paragraphs about a random picture of two guys? I know its the off season but...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 am 

Horner: I appreciate on inviting me for a nice cappuccino and why are you in smiles?

Flavio: SSSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I like this part. Watch "The Lethal Marshmallow" flex her muscles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 am 

Ev0lutionz wrote:

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am 

flavio looks like he is starring in a new beetlejuice movie...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 am 

G1n wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

good to see not everyone is mad about crappy touch screens....

Yeah, that and phones too big to fit in half the tiny lint traps that pass for pockets these days. Put a smartphone in the big back pocket and the first time you forget it's there the screen will break, as demonstrated by a friend. I treasure my "brick." :D

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 am 

Could just be meeting to plan their new naked calendar. After all neither are shy to taking their kit off ;)

(No photos being posted as it'll get me banned but use your imagination and Google it)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:53 am 

RickM wrote:
Could just be meeting to plan their new naked calendar. After all neither are shy to taking their kit off ;)

(No photos being posted as it'll get me banned but use your imagination and Google it)

Well Horner has the same posture and look on his face as in his nude shot :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:06 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
You really wrote four long donkey paragraphs about a random picture of two guys? I know its the off season but...

:thumbup: Couldn't have said it better myself :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:25 pm 

I hope they are not discussing their internet pics....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 pm 

Covalent wrote:
RickM wrote:

Well Horner has the same posture and look on his face as in his nude shot :o

he probably has as many different facial expressions as silvester stallone....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm 

Ev0lutionz wrote:

Looks like Flav just made him an offer he can't refuse - but he did, Better check your bed for Tesco burgers Christian.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:51 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
I hope they are not discussing their internet pics....

They both have something in common.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 am 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105332

Interesting. Horner consulting Briatore about his contract, perhaps?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:07 am 

ashley313 wrote:

And brilliantly. :D

Frankly, whenever Flavio appears in photos related to F1 - or gets into the F1 press, I believe it to be a test to see if the F1 fan base has forgotten his nefarious past behavior and is ready to welcome him back into the sport again. It is our duty to remember that he purposely placed the lives of drivers in danger of being hurt, maimed or killed and that is why he was blackballed.

His comment about Mark was quite a lowlife remark too. Not just toward Red Bull and every single person working as a part of the team, but against Mark as well. Amazingly bad form.