planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm 

Apologies if this has been posted already but Sky Sports F1 will be showing a 15 minute round up of each days testing at 9pm after each of the 12 test days, followed by Ted's note book at 9.15pm. There will also be an F1 show testing special on Friday 22nd Feb and Friday 1st March, which is certainly something we haven't had before in the UK.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... e-two-Ted-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 pm 

good news that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 pm 

Totally misunderstood there, thought it meant they were testing the channel still worked or something.

Will probably have a look, more for Ted's notebook than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 pm 

Yes am looking forward to it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 pm 

Damn, can't wait for the testing. Till then its just endless bickering on who is the best driver, blah blah blah. Or my driver is better than yours, your driver was just lucky etc etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 am 

Ahhh. I want the channel but don't want to go for Sky. Why is there no other way :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm 

photoshopped wrote:
Ahhh. I want the channel but don't want to go for Sky. Why is there no other way :(

Virgin? (Please note I am refering to the TV/Broadband supplier and not trying to insult you).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm 

kerneys wrote:
photoshopped wrote:

Virgin? (Please note I am refering to the TV/Broadband supplier and not trying to insult you).

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm 

kerneys wrote:
photoshopped wrote:

I should have said, why is there no reasonable way :D

Thought I'd go on the Virgin website and find out their latest prices - I was told on their 'chat' thing - "You can take TV M+ with TiVo box and Sky sports (F1 channel) costs £77.75. There is a £49.95 one-off installation fee added to your first bill." Ludicrous money!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:01 pm 

photoshopped wrote:
kerneys wrote:
photoshopped wrote:

Thought I'd go on the Virgin website and find out their latest prices - I was told on their 'chat' thing - "You can take TV M+ with TiVo box and Sky sports (F1 channel) costs £77.75. There is a £49.95 one-off installation fee added to your first bill." Ludicrous money!

For a company called virgin they sure know how to f**k thier customers over.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm 

Virgin is ridiculous. You can get a sky go monthly ticket for £35 and watch it on your laptop/ipad/iphone and cancel whenever you like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:37 pm 

photoshopped wrote:
kerneys wrote:
photoshopped wrote:

How much a month?

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:00 pm 

Seanie wrote:
Virgin is ridiculous. You can get a sky go monthly ticket for £35 and watch it on your laptop/ipad/iphone and cancel whenever you like.

Excellent! Was looking all over for this but wasn't until I searched for "monthly ticket" that I found it. If I can start the subscription on 16th March and cancel on 25th November then I'm happy :]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm 

I did it last year. Baulked when I went to cancel and realised I'd spent £385 on it.

Will probably do the same again this year, but will be shaking my fist at Sky every month when they debit me... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:53 pm 

It's great that they are showing it, what the coverage will be like don't know but I hope they ultlise the sky F1 team in this and not that sky sports bloke who's being doing the launches...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm 

Is there any particular reason why the Test days are not televised?

We've just signed up with Sky, I managed to sweet-talk my way into a 2TB HDBox for no extra cost.. Am paying £32.50 a month for FULL Sky, and HD. Free Installation and a £100 of M&S Vouchers within 45 days of your first bill.. You cant go wrong!

For those interested, I asked to sign-up to SkyHD - full package, and near the end when she was confirming the monthly costs; I pulled a face (through the phone..) and told her that I was not happy paying that much, so what could I afford to lose? After a couple of minutes of her trying to convince me it was not worth cancelling, I told her to go ahead and remove it anyway (Sports + Movies). She put me on hold, and within 10? seconds, she was back on the phone to confirm she could offer Movies and Sports free of charge. The only downside is that I have to pay the full cost in 6 Months; until they sent me the T&C, which clearly states that you can cancel those at any time.

If you calculate how much its costing Sky to Install your service, the cost of the equipment, etcetc, the Vouchers, they are only making £200-300 a year; which I will happily pay for the privilege of watching all things F1!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 pm 

Virgin is only good if you get a 'big' package. We've got TV, BB and Phone and it works out over £100 a month cheaper than we previously paid for the three services separately. I think we pay something like £98 for 2 tivo boxes, 1 vhd box, 120meg BB, unlimited calls whenever we like (inc mobile) and dirt cheap international calls.

The only downside is that the F1 channel isnt in HD but TBH its not really an issue unless you've got some big donkey 55" TV.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 am 

RickM wrote:
Virgin is only good if you get a 'big' package. We've got TV, BB and Phone and it works out over £100 a month cheaper than we previously paid for the three services separately. I think we pay something like £98 for 2 tivo boxes, 1 vhd box, 120meg BB, unlimited calls whenever we like (inc mobile) and dirt cheap international calls.

The only downside is that the F1 channel isnt in HD but TBH its not really an issue unless you've got some big donkey 55" TV.

True, I thought I'd miss HD when F1 moved but it hasn't bothered me in the slightest. I put the BBC on for a bit of a race for the HD but it wasn't worth losing Brundle for. As much as I love DC, he isn't Brundle. Croft and Edwards can both shove it as far as I'm concerned, they're just filler for between when Brundle and DC have interesting things to say.

Wow I managed to drift off topic!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:20 am 

RickM wrote:

I can't tell you how horrible it really is, particularly when they do the aerial shots.