planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic

Which one looks faster?
E21 35%  35%  [ 24 ]
MP4-28 65%  65%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 69
Author Message
 Post subject: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 am
Posts: 278
Nothing to do with which one's better than other, though first impression, which one looks faster?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 2270
Location: Singapore
The Macca?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
McLaren looks faster.
Lotus looks angrier.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:09 pm
Posts: 230
At a glance they don't look massively different from last year and the McLaren was certainly faster in 2012. Until they get out of the track though who can really tell.

One thing I have noticed is McLaren have managed to raise the underneath of the nose a bit which should mean they'll benefit from better airflow like everyone else did last year so maybe they'll gain a bit from that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Posts: 3767
Location: Belgium
moshbeard wrote:
One thing I have noticed is McLaren have managed to raise the underneath of the nose a bit which should mean they'll benefit from better airflow like everyone else did last year so maybe they'll gain a bit from that.

I was surprised they took away that uptwist of the nose they incorporated mid-2012. This nose looks just lovely again.
I love the way the new Lotus looks, except for that step nose. Teams who continue to use that should be made to pay a fine for visual pollution. :D

I voted McLaren, though that Lotus does look sharp too!

_________________
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 1505
2 cars in and nothing exciting to look at so far as far as I'm afraid.

_________________
Going to Spa? Check out my site. http://visit-spa-francorchamps.page.tl/
My own Google Earth Motor Sport file. http://www.mediafire.com/?jzm1ieatytv
Follow me @asphalt_world
Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:57 pm
Posts: 196
Asphalt_World wrote:
2 cars in and nothing exciting to look at so far as far as I'm afraid.


wha?

I voted Macca. We know what last years car was like without a high nose. THis year it is probably going to be a killer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7425
Location: London
Neither.

I can see Lotus taking a step back and McLaren being where they were last year but Reb Bull and Ferrari taking steps forward and therefore going clear ahead.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
If Lotus are faster than Macca this year I will be stunned.

The McLaren looks like the car to have. That's compared to all cars.

I also see Merc re-passing Lotus this year (but not a lot more).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 am
Posts: 278
Eva09 wrote:
If Lotus are faster than Macca this year I will be stunned.

The McLaren looks like the car to have. That's compared to all cars.

I also see Merc re-passing Lotus this year (but not a lot more).


I agree with you except for the Merc part. Merc is doomed, so is Hamilton. I don't expect anything from them until 2014.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 1182
I don't know but the front end of the McLaren sure does look an awful lot like the 2011 Lotus to me…

Image
Image
Image

_________________
Second place is the first loser!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
You saying James Allison has already sent his crayons to McLaren? :lol: :lol:

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am
Posts: 4898
I find it very interesting that Mclaren, who had arguably the fastest car last year, went to the trouble to raise the front and incorporate a step nose (but with modesty panel).

Back side shows some RB influences too.

I think the Mclaren will be the fastest car, unless Newey pulls another surprise off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
the incubus wrote:
I don't know but the front end of the McLaren sure does look an awful lot like the 2011 Lotus to me…

Image


Good old quick Nick Heidfeld.

Is there any chance of him making it back to the F1 grid? You sort of get the feeling that what almost happened to Jenson Button, did in fact happen to Nick Heidfeld.

There was talk of him going to Merc in 2010 only for Schumacher to shut that down (I believe he even apologised).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Milton Keynes
Lotus are my favourite team, so I'm inclined to say them just because I support them

However, in this case I'm still saying Lotus as I believe the E21 is a beauty!

_________________
Drivers I like:
Raikkonen
Grosjean
Perez
Vettel

Teams I like:
Lotus
Merc
RBR
Marussia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am
Posts: 2334
moshbeard wrote:
At a glance they don't look massively different from last year and the McLaren was certainly faster in 2012. Until they get out of the track though who can really tell.

One thing I have noticed is McLaren have managed to raise the underneath of the nose a bit which should mean they'll benefit from better airflow like everyone else did last year so maybe they'll gain a bit from that.


Was the Mclaren faster in 2012 than the Lotus? Or was it the drivers?
Were Lewis and Jenson faster than Kimi and Romain? Or was the Lotus fast enough to compensate for a de-retired driver and a near rookie?

_________________
http://grandprixratings.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
Since its dumb to try and say which is faster, I'm going to do it on looks.

The Lotus is an ugly looking car, no doubt about that. The livery is just terrible.

Whilst the Macca livery is getting tired, it still wins against the Lotus's confused personality of a livery.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: E21 vs. MP4-28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:48 pm
Posts: 1277
POBRatings wrote:
moshbeard wrote:
At a glance they don't look massively different from last year and the McLaren was certainly faster in 2012. Until they get out of the track though who can really tell.

One thing I have noticed is McLaren have managed to raise the underneath of the nose a bit which should mean they'll benefit from better airflow like everyone else did last year so maybe they'll gain a bit from that.


Was the Mclaren faster in 2012 than the Lotus? Or was it the drivers?
Were Lewis and Jenson faster than Kimi and Romain? Or was the Lotus fast enough to compensate for a de-retired driver and a near rookie?

Shouldn't you be telling us with your ratings system?
Off topic, how do you take into account 'other' factors? For example, Raikkonen's last race of the year was disappointing. But if you bear in mind that he missed two practice sessions and still got into Q3 it could mitigate the apparent lack of performance. Or races where one side of the grid was clearly cleaner/dirtier than the other at the start, and all drivers on that side gained/lost a position.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Black_Flag_11, Blinky McSquinty and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group