planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 am
Posts: 278
Does anybody know when's Marussia going to reveal their 2013 contender?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2101
Location: Perth, Australia
Overdue? We've only seen 2 of 11 cars!

_________________
Image
I also have one of these.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2631
I'd assumed an online reveal shortly before the first test they plan on attending, given their budget is limited and better spent elsewhere. However, I don't know that for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Oxfordshire
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.

_________________
Olê, olê, olê olêêêê Senna, Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 129
Location: Dominion of Canada
And there we go again! No points for Marussia in 2013 either..!

_________________
Sebastian Vettel - Most successful driver on the 2013 grid!

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 1092
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.


From Marussia's Twitter, about five minutes before you made that post:

Quote:
The MR02 will make its public debut next Tuesday (5 February) in Jerez, Spain, with a pit lane reveal ahead of the first day of testing

Max Chilton will be in the hot seat of the MR02 during its testing debut on the 5th February


People like you are the worst.

_________________
Currently cheering for: Felipe Massa; Nico Hulkenberg; Romain Grosjean; Felipe Nasr. Oh, and of course, the Toronto Maple Leafs
PF1 Pick 10 Competition | 2014 position:
26th | 2013 position: 17th | 2012 position: 11th | Total podiums: 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
http://en.espnf1.com/marussia/motorspor ... CMP=chrome

Also updated the launch thread.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.

My mate works for Total who said they dont have enough fuel to give to Red Bull so will be giving them gherkin water instead.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Oxfordshire
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.


From Marussia's Twitter, about five minutes before you made that post:

Quote:
The MR02 will make its public debut next Tuesday (5 February) in Jerez, Spain, with a pit lane reveal ahead of the first day of testing

Max Chilton will be in the hot seat of the MR02 during its testing debut on the 5th February


People like you are the worst.


That's what i was told. I said they were thinking about taking the old car, i didn't say they was. The information is accurate when my mate told me a couple of days ago.

_________________
Olê, olê, olê olêêêê Senna, Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Oxfordshire
RickM wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.

My mate works for Total who said they dont have enough fuel to give to Red Bull so will be giving them gherkin water instead.



That's the trouble when you know someone ITK, you instantly get shot down. Is there anyway i can prove it to you.

_________________
Olê, olê, olê olêêêê Senna, Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
RickM wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.

My mate works for Total who said they dont have enough fuel to give to Red Bull so will be giving them gherkin water instead.



That's the trouble when you know someone ITK, you instantly get shot down. Is there anyway i can prove it to you.


A picture of you standing next to your mate at Marussia HQ? ;)

It's too easy for someone to say they know someone and they said XYZ. Hence the phrase 'pics or it didn't happen.'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Oxfordshire
RickM wrote:

A picture of you standing next to your mate at Marussia HQ? ;)

It's too easy for someone to say they know someone and they said XYZ. Hence the phrase 'pics or it didn't happen.'


I'll PM you.

_________________
Olê, olê, olê olêêêê Senna, Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2381
ThreeEightOne wrote:
And there we go again! No points for Marussia in 2013 either..!

We're you expecting any otherwise? :lol:

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 am
Posts: 278
I think Marussia's way better team than Caterham, with KERS mounted, I think they'll do better than Caterhams.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 129
Location: Dominion of Canada
Seanie wrote:
Were you expecting any otherwise? :lol:

Yes.

_________________
Sebastian Vettel - Most successful driver on the 2013 grid!

Supporter of Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber, Sergio Perez, Jenson Button, Red Bull, Sauber, Williams and Caterham.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 2381
Sorry my ipad autocorrected and made me look a tit, but seriously, you expect them to score points?! Based on.....?

_________________
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 4390
GicaEric wrote:
I think Marussia's way better team than Caterham, with KERS mounted, I think they'll do better than Caterhams.


Kers is not worth 1.5 seconds a lap.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 27
Location: Oxfordshire
RickM wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
RickM wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.

My mate works for Total who said they dont have enough fuel to give to Red Bull so will be giving them gherkin water instead.



That's the trouble when you know someone ITK, you instantly get shot down. Is there anyway i can prove it to you.


A picture of you standing next to your mate at Marussia HQ? ;)

It's too easy for someone to say they know someone and they said XYZ. Hence the phrase 'pics or it didn't happen.'


well mate, what is the name of the person that works at marussia? because when i'm off from uni i work in the stores for marussia (i finished last friday), and my dad works in r&d.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:40 pm
Posts: 198
Location: USA
Busted!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 3137
February 2012

_________________
I have nothing to offer but blood, oil, gears, and sweat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 pm
Posts: 523
Set to confirm Luiz Razia

Another interesting team mate war for this year !

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 12th
2014: 38th


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 1623
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
Well my mate works for Marussia and he's said that they haven't even fired it up yet, they failed their first crash test and are thinking about taking the old car to Jerez. Not looking good so far.


From Marussia's Twitter, about five minutes before you made that post:

Quote:
The MR02 will make its public debut next Tuesday (5 February) in Jerez, Spain, with a pit lane reveal ahead of the first day of testing

Max Chilton will be in the hot seat of the MR02 during its testing debut on the 5th February


People like you are the worst.


That's what i was told. I said they were thinking about taking the old car, i didn't say they was. The information is accurate when my mate told me a couple of days ago.


With all due respect, when you add your own emphasis "not looking good so far," 99 times out of 100 there was only one way your post was going to be interpreted, even if you didn't write "100% they will be using the old car."

_________________
The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: DFW, Texas
Is there some place that has confirmation of teams who have passed their crash tests yet?

I know there were some items for the 1st 2-3 teams that stated they had passed their crash tests (I think I recall seeing Sauber, Merc and Ferrari IIRC, but since then I've seen nothing.)

Hopefully Marussia has passed its tests, as it has enough things working against its progress, having a problem testing its new car a second year in a row certainly wouldn't help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 27
Location: Oxfordshire
Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
Is there some place that has confirmation of teams who have passed their crash tests yet?

I know there were some items for the 1st 2-3 teams that stated they had passed their crash tests (I think I recall seeing Sauber, Merc and Ferrari IIRC, but since then I've seen nothing.)

Hopefully Marussia has passed its tests, as it has enough things working against its progress, having a problem testing its new car a second year in a row certainly wouldn't help.


any team that has announced 2013 car lauch have passed all crash tests otherwise they couldn't test with the new car. The liklihood that williams are not making the first test is due to failing a test, but that is only speculation. There are around 20 tests a team must pass before the car is homologated which is hard work for the people involved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marussia overdue?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am
Posts: 23
Location: Oxfordshire
RickM wrote:
UBeenFrimponged wrote:
RickM wrote:

A picture of you standing next to your mate at Marussia HQ? ;)

It's too easy for someone to say they know someone and they said XYZ. Hence the phrase 'pics or it didn't happen.'



Check you PM.

_________________
Olê, olê, olê olêêêê Senna, Senna


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amon, Beleriand_K, BringBackJordan, DisaterX47, Filip, Jeepkhana, Lt. Drebin, mikey, pendulumeffect, Xious and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.140s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]