It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Helmets 2013
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 pm 

potter84 wrote:
Joey_Zyla wrote:
phyz wrote:
MaccaBT wrote:

Looks just fine. Don't know why some posters are moaning about it so much...

The design looks like something a 10-year-old girl came up with, it's just lacking some pink. But I'm sure it will serve the purpose of protecting his head just fine. :-P

i like it but not sure about the red on it though, before it seemed solid and for a reason it seems to have been splashed on as an after thought, he has kept his homage to senna but made it more his own style, maybe part of him growing as a person or just distancing himself from his McLaren days

The problem with Lewis' design is the Monster "logo" and font kinda destroys the clean look ......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 am 

kingjamie wrote:
With de la Rosa gone and Hamilton changing the design, I think only Webber has has original helmet design, correct me if wrong.

Massa's and Button's are quite different to what the started out with.

Well Webbers helmet has changed slightly over the years but the main design has remained the same

Minardi:
Jaguar:
Williams:
Red Bull 2007-2008:
Red Bull 2009-2011:
Red Bull 2012:

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:13 am 

Its the silver edged red part that completely kills the Lewis design. It was just bad, but with that it is terrible.

JLF usually do good designs, I think its the worst design i've seen in F1 in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 am 

lamo wrote:
Its the silver edged red part that completely kills the Lewis design. It was just bad, but with that it is terrible.

JLF usually do good designs, I think its the worst design i've seen in F1 in a long time.

It's really not that bad. More cluttered but the worst?

It is a matter of opinion of course, but ..well, villeneuve.
http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/image_u ... Helmet.jpg

Irvine's Jaguar design belongs in Stringfellows
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ms2d8j.jpg

Vettel's had some real howlers. The one with lights last year was pretty horrific.

Anyway, OT - Some great looking helmets so far. The good thing with all these new drivers is we get to see some new designs too!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:36 am 

I'm surprised Lewis was able to keep using an Arai with Mercedes. Schuberth is a big time technical partner for Merc and Ferrari. Alonso was a long time Arai user and had to switch to Schuberth when he went to Ferrari.

I don't care for Lewis' new design either. Too busy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:07 am 

potter84 wrote:
Joey_Zyla wrote:
phyz wrote:
MaccaBT wrote:
]

The design looks like something a 10-year-old girl came up with, it's just lacking some pink. But I'm sure it will serve the purpose of protecting his head just fine. :-P

i like it but not sure about the red on it though, before it seemed solid and for a reason it seems to have been splashed on as an after thought, he has kept his homage to senna but made it more his own style, maybe part of him growing as a person or just distancing himself from his McLaren days

Contratry to popular belief, the reason why hamilton's helmet is yellow has nothing to do with Senna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 am 

metamorphomisk wrote:
potter84 wrote:
Joey_Zyla wrote:
phyz wrote:
MaccaBT wrote:
]

Contratry to popular belief, the reason why hamilton's helmet is yellow has nothing to do with Senna

i have heard him say himself that he has always used a yellow green helmet because he always worshipped senna and that it is comprises of the flag colours of Grenada and that his dad demanded he wore a brightly coloured helmet so he could spot him when racing karts so those colours seemed to be the obvious choice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:15 am 

Has rosbergs helmet changed this season i haven't seen a picture as of yet? Or one of Alonso or massas i don't think for that matter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:22 am 

f1fanva wrote:
I'm surprised Lewis was able to keep using an Arai with Mercedes. Schuberth is a big time technical partner for Merc and Ferrari. Alonso was a long time Arai user and had to switch to Schuberth when he went to Ferrari.

I don't care for Lewis' new design either. Too busy.

I was expecting that, too. But I'm glad he's stuck with Arai as they're the nicest shaped F1 helmet. Schuberth are second and those horrible bulbous Bell ones with the "bib" are the worst looking.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 am 

metamorphomisk wrote:

Well, and this is what annoys me about Hamilton at times, he has said in some interviews he and his dad chose it so it would be easier to pick him out when he was karting. However in other interviews he's said his hero was Senna so he picked it as a tribute (or words to that effect).

In an early interview (when he was a teenager) he said his main heroes were Schumacher, Coulthard and Häkkinen and he'd like to be racing against them in a few years. Since he's entered F1 he seems to deny being a fan of Schumi's as it's suited him. It's almost like now he's made it he comes across a bit more arrogant or perhaps he's always said what sounded best to the interviewer at the time - hence the two differing helmet stories.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:13 pm 

Can Hamilton do ANYTHING without some slating him?? Some people taking helmet designs way too seriously!

Loving Kimis helmet, very nice!

2013: 12th
2014: 38th

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm 

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:
Can Hamilton do ANYTHING without some slating him?? Some people taking helmet designs way too seriously!

Loving Kimis helmet, very nice!

Lewis helmet will look great, in reality too
It's just people must get used to it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:54 am 

scuderia_stevie wrote:
metamorphomisk wrote:

Well, and this is what annoys me about Hamilton at times, he has said in some interviews he and his dad chose it so it would be easier to pick him out when he was karting. However in other interviews he's said his hero was Senna so he picked it as a tribute (or words to that effect).

In an early interview (when he was a teenager) he said his main heroes were Schumacher, Coulthard and Häkkinen and he'd like to be racing against them in a few years. Since he's entered F1 he seems to deny being a fan of Schumi's as it's suited him. It's almost like now he's made it he comes across a bit more arrogant or perhaps he's always said what sounded best to the interviewer at the time - hence the two differing helmet stories.

Both of those helmet stories are true, confirmed numerous times in numerous interviews.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:01 am 

lamo wrote:
scuderia_stevie wrote:
metamorphomisk wrote:

Both of those helmet stories are true, confirmed numerous times in numerous interviews.

Last year Hammy said that he always looked up to Kimi too.
I was surprised to hear that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 am 

specdecible wrote:
kingjamie wrote:
With de la Rosa gone and Hamilton changing the design, I think only Webber has has original helmet design, correct me if wrong.

Massa's and Button's are quite different to what the started out with.

Well Webbers helmet has changed slightly over the years but the main design has remained the same

Minardi:
Jaguar:
Williams:
Red Bull 2007-2008:
Red Bull 2009-2011:
Red Bull 2012:

Well here is Webber's 2013 Helmet
Compare to his 2012 Helmet

Vettels, well there's no real point in showing, it will change at least 15 more times before the season starts.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 am 

Estaban and Hulkenberg's helmets are beautiful. Hamilton's I didn't find as repulsive as people are making out... though I'm not a fan of the silver edging on everything. Kimi and Romain's are nice too. Webber's is... well its the same which is good.
Di Resta's is my least favourite, it just looks uninteresting and forgettable, like Di Resta really. Poor guy, even his helmet is uninteresting. I want to see if Massa will keep the red helmet from Brazil, he really should, it was lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Estaban and Hulkenberg's helmets are beautiful. Hamilton's I didn't find as repulsive as people are making out... though I'm not a fan of the silver edging on everything. Kimi and Romain's are nice too. Webber's is... well its the same which is good.
Di Resta's is my least favourite, it just looks uninteresting and forgettable, like Di Resta really. Poor guy, even his helmet is uninteresting. I want to see if Massa will keep the red helmet from Brazil, he really should, it was lovely.

unfortunately Ferrari don't usually give pr shots of their helmets so will have to wait until testing tomorrow i guess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 am 

potter84 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

unfortunately Ferrari don't usually give pr shots of their helmets so will have to wait until testing tomorrow i guess.

I can wait another day. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am 

jammin78 wrote:
potter84 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

that's another day for massa, longer for Alonso's, saw the you tube vid of merc, rosbergs looks practically the same it seemed, although i didn't see a still of it just as he drove past

Last edited by potter84 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am 

potter84 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
potter84 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

that's another day for massa, longer for Alonso's

Good point. Hmmm, well I have no choice but to wait haha!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 am 

Shots from Merc's twitter show Rosberg with pretty much the same helmet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:43 am 

potter84 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I completely read that the wrong way then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:55 pm 

As AngusWolfe said above, it may be really hard to tell Rosberg and Hamilton apart when watching on the telly...both helmets are predominantly yellow with similar "monster" sponsoring around the crown.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm 

FW09 wrote:
As AngusWolfe said above, it may be really hard to tell Rosberg and Hamilton apart when watching on the telly...both helmets are predominantly yellow with similar "monster" sponsoring around the crown.

I meant the same as in the same as last year, but yeah, it might be pretty hard to tell them apart come Oz.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:56 am 

Alonsos new helmet, mostly sponsors changed -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:26 am 

That Ferrari racing suit is pretty nice, I have to admit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 am 

i wonder if DR has a parkway drive quote on his helmet this year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am 

schumi7 wrote:
Hulkenberg's helmet looks brilliant.
(...)
Gutierrez's looks good too

Beauty :thumbup: .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:34 pm 

Chilton's helmet http://t.co/pgNrb1Xb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 am 

Van der Garde

That is somewhat awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 am 

Eastlygod wrote:
Van der Garde

Loving it!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 am 

I remember seeing Van Der Garde's helmet from a couple of years ago and thought it was pretty awesome, glad he's still got an awesome one!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:57 am 

Eastlygod wrote:
Van der Garde

Wow almost justify's his place on the grid!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am 

Eastlygod wrote:
Van der Garde

Lacks colour, boring.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:08 am 

Haribo wrote:
Eastlygod wrote:
Van der Garde

Lacks colour, boring.

I disagree, that is going to look stunning next to green overalls and in that car

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:26 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Eastlygod wrote:
Van der Garde

Lacks colour, boring.

I disagree, that is going to look stunning next to green overalls and in that car

+1

I like it, plus it'll blend in well with the green of the car.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 pm 

AngusWolfe wrote:
Chilton's helmet http://t.co/pgNrb1Xb

Ooo that's nice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:30 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
Kimi's helmet

Grosjean's helmet

Wow! Roman's head is really big compared to Kimi's! 8O