planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 am 

If there is already a thread on the above please point me in the right direction.

For those who have an understanding of the 2014 Formula One regulations/changes, can you please answer the above questions in as simplistic terms as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 am 

Who they favour? Nobody really.
It might be bit of a poker for first year with someone new having a chance of grabbing wins and championship due to established members making a dud or simply misjudging / misinterpreting the rules and some new one coming up with some trick to gain advantage. But mostly any such advance will be negated quickly by current top 3-4 teams. We all know what happened in 2009.
Renault does have more experience of building smaller engines, and they have experience of building racing V6s. So they might have little advantage in engine game and hence Renault powered teams can benefit as a result. But the F1 turbo V6 is going to be very different. So it is really an outside chance of advantage.

I dont see any real changes in the pecking order. 2 of the current top teams have been top teams for decades. RedBull has joined them in this century by employing best people in the business and going at F1 the right way. So they are there. Lot of other teams have come and gone. Renault now does not really have works team. So in the end, it will be these 3 teams followed by rest of the pack even in 2014 onwards. The only team to have realistic chance of joining them is Mercedes, but I dont have faith in their management. They will have money, an engine, and they have one of the best drivers. But they need team and car to perform.

But other than that, I dont see anyone else being able to keep up with the top 3 over entire season and for multiple seasons in spite of the regulation changes.