planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Marussia MR02 Launch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 pm 

Well, that's one positive thing I've heard about Marussia; so far there haven't been many. With today's suspension failure, one has to wonder whether a. they'll have the time and money to actually build on that solid package and b. who's bringing the said money (in other words; when the hell are they going to announce their second driver, the one with the $$$).
I know, I know, its the first day of testing, and I wouldn't get so up in the air if it would be a neutral part, a fuel pump , like the Macca boys. But a suspension issue so early on...hhmmmmm...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 pm 

ATM2 wrote:
Well, that's one positive thing I've heard about Marussia; so far there haven't been many. With today's suspension failure, one has to wonder whether a. they'll have the time and money to actually build on that solid package and b. who's bringing the said money (in other words; when the hell are they going to announce their second driver, the one with the $$$).
I know, I know, its the first day of testing, and I wouldn't get so up in the air if it would be a neutral part, a fuel pump , like the Macca boys. But a suspension issue so early on...hhmmmmm...

At this stage I'd be confident in saying the second driver will either be Senna, Petrov or some unknown driver with a big amount of backing. Petrov is the logical choice if they plan to be around in 2014.

Sadly I dont think it'll be anyone who gets in on tallant, but if I had to pick I'd personally be going for Petrov, even if Senna had slightly more cash.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 pm 

ATM2 wrote:
Well, that's one positive thing I've heard about Marussia; so far there haven't been many.

Have there been negative sounds about Marussia from people in the know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm 

I do believe Marussia is rather trying to avoid the cliche - Russian team, Russian driver. Otherwise, they would have got a perfectly good chance to recruit him at the start of last season, when even Bernie lobbied for Petrov at the Marussia officials.
Then again, since Virgin, their main cash-cow, is out, I doubt they have the chance of being too picky. Maybe they're actually targeting for Senna and awaiting Force India's announcement, and have Petrov as a back-up, number 2 plan. I'm guessing that, as soon as FI finally announce their line-up, Marussia will announce theirs the next day.

Negative sounds about Marussia- quite a lot. But I was referring to the whole time they spent in F1, not only today, with their new car launch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 pm 

ATM2 wrote:
Negative sounds about Marussia- quite a lot. But I was referring to the whole time they spent in F1, not only today, with their new car launch.

Ah, didn't get that, sorry.

Anyway, I sincerely hope the two "new" teams can catch up to the other teams this season. I doubt it, but I hope so. They will drop out sooner or later if they keep on being in the back with no chance to fighting in the mid field, let alone for points.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm 

looks like the old F1 cars of the 90's (which is not a bad thing),unfortunately the thing will probably be as slow as a truck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm 

Well Bruno's out of the running: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6081

Down to Petrov (Who's apparently got a bit if a shit manager) or some mediocre kid with a lot of cash...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm 

mds wrote:
Adaemus wrote:

I like the colourshceme, but this is my issue with the car as well.

The paint job looks great, the car itself looks lower-league.

Gary Anderson doesn't agree:
Quote:
Marussia have tried to improve their general engineering ability for this year - the new car is the first one the new structure has built completely from scratch following the split from ex-designer Nick Wirth in 2011. I've had a good look at it, including under the skin and it is very well mechanically engineered. It's neat and tidy with lots of nice bits and pieces on it. The bodywork is very basic, without turning vanes and other parts aimed at enhancing aerodynamics, but there is room for those to be added. It looks like a solid package.

To be fair "The bodywork is very basic, without turning vanes and other parts aimed at enhancing aerodynamics" isn't disagreeing with what I said... How am I to know how well the gearbox is engineered? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm 

Adaemus wrote:
mds wrote:
Adaemus wrote:

Quote:
Marussia have tried to improve their general engineering ability for this year - the new car is the first one the new structure has built completely from scratch following the split from ex-designer Nick Wirth in 2011. I've had a good look at it, including under the skin and it is very well mechanically engineered. It's neat and tidy with lots of nice bits and pieces on it. The bodywork is very basic, without turning vanes and other parts aimed at enhancing aerodynamics, but there is room for those to be added. It looks like a solid package.

To be fair "The bodywork is very basic, without turning vanes and other parts aimed at enhancing aerodynamics" isn't disagreeing with what I said... How am I to know how well the gearbox is engineered? ;)

You'll probably find though that by the time we get to Australia, the bodywork will be slightly more built up with new parts, or even aero parts from the 12 car.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:11 pm 

I'd hope so, just keeps making me think of this:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm 

Adaemus wrote:
I'd hope so, just keeps making me think of this:

I had to stop and think for a minute there. I genuinely thought that was the F1 car until I saw the helmets and remembered it had a new livery. Shows how bland Marussia's designs have been in the last two years.

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 pm 

this new marussia look like a full on gp3 or gp2 car at best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:30 pm 

Looks good, but most sponsors colours would clash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:47 am 

Adaemus wrote:
mds wrote:
Adaemus wrote:

Quote:

Well, it somewhat negates the statements about it looking "lower-league", no? I think it's mostly the lack of sponsors and the fact it's the only remaining car with low chassis (making it look sleeker) that would give the impression, but apparently it looks solid and should have some potential for improvements throughout the season (or even before Oz).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 am 

Looks like a GP2 car. Hope it's faster than one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:02 am 

Razia has just been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/marussia_f1team/sta ... 6690452480

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 am 

Pretty piss poor move.

Two rookies. A brand new car, not based on last years. No common driver to work out the differences other than a Friday driver, who again was a rookie.

Bye bye Marussia.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am 

RickM wrote:
Pretty piss poor move.

Two rookies. A brand new car, not based on last years. No common driver to work out the differences other than a Friday driver, who again was a rookie.

Bye bye Marussia.

this sadly.

how are 3 rookies going to get them up to anywhere near Caterham never mind the points?

maybe Timo seen the writing on the wall...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:32 pm 

From the best looking car of 2012 Marussia have taken a giant leap back in the beauty stakes.
It looks a little too much like Dallara's IndyCar, right up until the back wheels anyway.
Hopefully it goes much faster than it looks, because it looks to me like a car that will suffer from a chronic lack of downforce.