planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 40
Image

Stepped nose but looks ok


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MsGL1clXXuw#!

Video of the car


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: DFW, Texas
Real big change in the livery, there's a very good shot on Caterham's Twitter page of GVG in it in the garage... looks to be a very light green metallic, lighter than the Jaguar livery IMO. (Of course, lighting can be tricky.)

I like it.

Like the Marussia, I hope that it has picked up some speed so there's not such a difference between midfield and back of the field this year. Though I'm thinking something closer to '11 Williams (5 pts) is more likely, with matching the '12 Toro Rossos being a great year for either Caterham or Marussia.

edit:... looking at Caterham's Facebook page, it is definitely much lighter than past years.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151538821633465&set=a.10151538819573465.555974.292309963464&type=3&theater


Last edited by Z3RoadstarTXF1 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am
Posts: 1010
Image

Nice to have a shiny green car back on the grid!

Seems slightly strange that the monitor and their overalls are still the old colour, but it lets you see the difference.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: DFW, Texas
Interesting what they've done over the sidepod intakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
Interesting what they've done over the sidepod intakes.

Toro Rosso have got the same "fins" iirc they had them last year too.

Not sure on the light green yet, will have to reserve judgement for now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 866
Damn, they have two really serious sponsors: General Electric and EADS/Airbus.

_________________
I'm a racing driver. Always was, always will be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 am 
I like the brighter green but where are the yellow stripes at the nose??? :-((


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: DFW, Texas
From the straight on shots, you really don't see any yellow. I wouldn't mind see some more yellow as it looks an awful lot like a green Jaguar from the front.

But overall, I think I like it better than the dark of last year.

Overall, I'm glad to see a few teams change enough that the grid will look noticably different this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1488
Location: Austria
Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
Interesting what they've done over the sidepod intakes.

top-teams started that trend early on last year - this is to direct the airflow over the sidepods to the exhausts, adjusting the position where the exhaust gases meet the rear floor...

midfield-teams picked that up shortly after the top-teams - kind of a must have with coanda-exhausts...

that said, the caterham-solution looks bulky and not as fine as others... i don't want to say it brings a clumsy feeling but it certainly looks like work in progress...

_________________
How to fix F1:
1. Stop seeking consensuses on rules - it will always turn out to be the least favourible option for everyone involved...
2. Listen to the fans - there are plenty of them and they have good ideas...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 674
I wasn't sure but I do love the green now - similar green to the jaguar becks livery. I really hope they're faster this year but it seems a lot more simplistic in design compared to the top runners. I guess we wont really know until Saturday in Australia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Posts: 740
Location: East Sussex, UK
Love the green, very fresh looking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
The Caterham and Marussia both seem to be lacking in sponsors this season

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Porsan wrote:
Damn, they have two really serious sponsors: General Electric and EADS/Airbus.



Wopuldn't read too much into it. GE at least and probably Airbus also included was a side deal on The air line deal.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
Johnston wrote:
Porsan wrote:
Damn, they have two really serious sponsors: General Electric and EADS/Airbus.



Wopuldn't read too much into it. GE at least and probably Airbus also included was a side deal on The air line deal.

Yuo Fernandes probably had a deal for his airline given that they use Airbus planes and GE engines. Doubt it brings much (if anything) to the F1 team though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:23 pm
Posts: 28
Dat livery!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 2446
Looks like the "monkey seat" is held up by a stalk in the middle instead of having end plate type of supports on either side like the others. Has anyone noticed any other teams doing that?


Last edited by RaggedMan on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Imola
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Milton Keynes
Gorgeous looking car. Green is my favourite colour so this livery is defo one of the best IMO haha :D

_________________
Drivers I like:
Raikkonen
Grosjean
Perez
Vettel

Teams I like:
Lotus
Merc
RBR
Marussia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 16
Great looking livery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 2703
Finally an exemplary livery. Looks good for the eyes!

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am
Posts: 1010
That nose looks really long, would love to see how the car length compares to the stub-nosed Merc...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:33 pm
Posts: 742
They should have kept the yellow wheel rims, they would have made the car look even better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7872
Location: London
Funny this because just two days ago I told my mum on the phone I missed the Jaguar green livery and along come Caterham with one that looks even better.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 pm
Posts: 291
The deal on Ge was related to engine sales to the airline. My mate works for Ge and he told me about it last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
hundleton1 wrote:
The deal on Ge was related to engine sales to the airline. My mate works for Ge and he told me about it last year.

yeah i work for rolls-royce and i would love for them to make a deal with a team so i could blag s hospitality day out of it.... Yeah the airline chooses the aircraft from say boring or airbus etc, and depending on the type of aircraft have a choice between usually GE or Rolls-Royce engines, it tends to be biased toward territory for example American airlines if they can help it always choose GE where as airlines like virgin will choose R-R. So deals like GE have struck can make a big difference % wise to the market share.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm
Posts: 16
That nose is very long, hope the drivers can judge the length when driving close to another car


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm
Posts: 740
Location: East Sussex, UK
Moley wrote:
That nose is very long, hope the drivers can judge the length when driving close to another car


My thoughts too. :uhoh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am
Posts: 94
potter84 wrote:
hundleton1 wrote:
The deal on Ge was related to engine sales to the airline. My mate works for Ge and he told me about it last year.

yeah i work for rolls-royce and i would love for them to make a deal with a team so i could blag s hospitality day out of it.... Yeah the airline chooses the aircraft from say boring or airbus etc, and depending on the type of aircraft have a choice between usually GE or Rolls-Royce engines, it tends to be biased toward territory for example American airlines if they can help it always choose GE where as airlines like virgin will choose R-R. So deals like GE have struck can make a big difference % wise to the market share.


so there only 2 companies in the world that produce aircraft engines ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7872
Location: London
Grosjean wrote:
potter84 wrote:
hundleton1 wrote:
The deal on Ge was related to engine sales to the airline. My mate works for Ge and he told me about it last year.

yeah i work for rolls-royce and i would love for them to make a deal with a team so i could blag s hospitality day out of it.... Yeah the airline chooses the aircraft from say boring or airbus etc, and depending on the type of aircraft have a choice between usually GE or Rolls-Royce engines, it tends to be biased toward territory for example American airlines if they can help it always choose GE where as airlines like virgin will choose R-R. So deals like GE have struck can make a big difference % wise to the market share.


so there only 2 companies in the world that produce aircraft engines ?

Obviously not,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_engines

However GE and RR are the two main players in passenger plane engine markets. Most of the passengers planes flying with major airlines will have engines powered by either. The third major player is Pratt and Whitney but they are a long way behind GE and RR thanks to the former developing engines for the new 787 and future A350 and the latter making the A380 power units.

But back on topic..

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Last edited by Laura23 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 328
That first photo where their faces are in the sunlight looks rather unprofessional. I know launches have become less ostentatious, but that's taking it too far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
Laura23 wrote:
Grosjean wrote:
potter84 wrote:
hundleton1 wrote:
The deal on Ge was related to engine sales to the airline. My mate works for Ge and he told me about it last year.

yeah i work for rolls-royce and i would love for them to make a deal with a team so i could blag s hospitality day out of it.... Yeah the airline chooses the aircraft from say boring or airbus etc, and depending on the type of aircraft have a choice between usually GE or Rolls-Royce engines, it tends to be biased toward territory for example American airlines if they can help it always choose GE where as airlines like virgin will choose R-R. So deals like GE have struck can make a big difference % wise to the market share.


so there only 2 companies in the world that produce aircraft engines ?

Obviously not,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_engines

However GE and RR are the two main players in passenger plane engine markets. Most of the passengers planes flying with major airlines will have engines powered by either. The third major player is Pratt and Whitney but they are a long way behind GE and RR thanks to the former dell oping engines for the new 787 and future A350 and the former making the A380 power units.

But back on topic..

said it for me thank you :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Ok, so the GE/Airbus sponsor matter is pretty much cleared out. We can see also the $$$ behind Van der Garde's signing, as the whole car is a big McGregor/McG poster.

So, then, what's Pic brought to the team as sponsors? because I can't really identify nothing out of the ordinary on the car since last year. I know that Pic is allegedly backed-up by the Lagardere group, which is a pretty big consortium apparently - but either I'm blind as a bat, or I just didn't see any Lagardere sponsorship on the Marussia...nor on this year's Caterham, for that matter...?

LE. Nevermind, I think I got a lead. It seems that EADS (which initially I thought was on the same boat as Airbus/GE, in it for the avionics supplied) has in fact some stocks , thru SOGEADE, from Lagardere. Complicated things, this marketing issues. Why couldn't they just put up "Paris Match" as a commercial?

_________________
Olivier Panis fan.
...and also Jenson Button fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
ATM2 wrote:
Ok, so the GE/Airbus sponsor matter is pretty much cleared out. We can see also the $$$ behind Van der Garde's signing, as the whole car is a big McGregor/McG poster.

So, then, what's Pic brought to the team as sponsors? because I can't really identify nothing out of the ordinary on the car since last year. I know that Pic is allegedly backed-up by the Lagardere group, which is a pretty big consortium apparently - but either I'm blind as a bat, or I just didn't see any Lagardere sponsorship on the Marussia...nor on this year's Caterham, for that matter...?

LE. Nevermind, I think I got a lead. It seems that EADS (which initially I thought was on the same boat as Airbus/GE, in it for the avionics supplied) has in fact some stocks , thru SOGEADE, from Lagardere. Complicated things, this marketing issues. Why couldn't they just put up "Paris Match" as a commercial?

EADS (aka EADS Astrium) also do a lot of space work so could be a technology tie in there somewhere. They make satellites, rockets, etc for the European Space Agency and private customers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 2949
If they got rid of the yellow it would remind me of the first Jordan in '91.

_________________
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Posts: 2033
Location: South Yorkshire
Might be a random question but why is this car called the CT-03 and not CT-02? In 2012 it was the Caterham CT-01 so is there any reason why they would miss out CT-02 ?

_________________
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 2446
Robbo-92 wrote:
Might be a random question but why is this car called the CT-03 and not CT-02? In 2012 it was the Caterham CT-01 so is there any reason why they would miss out CT-02 ?

Yea doesn't make sense. If they wanted to skip numbers so the number to match how many years the team has been in existence then shouldn't be the CT-04?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Maybe someone already owns the copyright on CT02.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 2446
Johnston wrote:
Maybe someone already owns the copyright on CT02.

I know you were being tounge in cheek, but I decided to do a quick search and this was the third result. 8O
http://iptq.com/iptq-mirror/ct02.htm
I wouldn't want anything of mine associated with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Caterham CT-03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
RaggedMan wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Maybe someone already owns the copyright on CT02.

I know you were being tounge in cheek, but I decided to do a quick search and this was the third result. 8O
http://iptq.com/iptq-mirror/ct02.htm
I wouldn't want anything of mine associated with that.



I wasn't actually. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a letter from someone like Ferrari did with the F150.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Black_Flag_11, Exediron, Google Adsense [Bot], LKS1, mcdo, pubpokerplayer, ToniWolf and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group