planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:38 pm 

Bruno Senna will compete this season in the World Endurance Championship, starting soon with the 12h hours of Sebring.

"Former Williams, Renault and HRT Formula 1 driver Bruno Senna will race for Aston Martin in this year's World Endurance Championship.
The 29-year-old Brazilian will race one of the British manufacturer's pair of GTE Pro class Aston Martin Vantage GTEs in the full championship, including the Le Mans 24 Hours.
The deal rules Senna out of contention for the remaining seats on the F1 grid. He had recently been linked to a Force India drive.

"I want to move forward and get back to winning races" Senna told AUTOSPORT. "The opportunities weren't there to do that in Formula 1."

Senna will share the Gulf-liveried car with fellow Aston Martin Racing newcomer Frederic Makowiecki in each of the eight races, while Rob Bell will join them as the third driver for Le Mans and the Spa 6 Hours.

Senna will race the Aston for the first time at next month's Sebring 12 Hours alongside team regulars Darren Turner and Mucke. He previously contested Le Mans with ORECA in 2009.
AMR team principal John Gaw said: "Our aim is to win at Le Mans and in the WEC, and we are particularly pleased to welcome such a professional driver line-up to Aston Martin Racing in this centenary year."
The second Pro car in AMR's four-strong WEC entry will be shared by Turner and Mucke, who took class honours in last year's series finale at Shanghai.
"

Good luck Bruno, even if it's not Formula One.
But who knows, one day..

Last edited by shift on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

ahhhh, I liked Bruno and wanted to see him continue in F1. However, this could be good as his driving stye may suite endurance.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing him compete.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 pm 

Well i will now say, Bianchi force India and razia marussia seem all but certs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 pm 

I liked senna though hopefully he can be successful and return 2014 but based on his age i doubt it will happen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm 

I wonder if Indy Car could open their doors. I love to see him in a 1-off at Indy. Something that his famous Uncle never had a chance to do - drive a Penske for the 1995 season.

And it was a fast fact when Ayrton tested a Penske car in the off season back in 1993. Right after the F1 season.

God Bless his soul.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 pm 

Quite shocked with this. I assume that he was completely turned down for the Marussia, Caterham and FI seats then!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 pm 

good on him, last at Le Mans in an Oreca, I will look forward to this years race.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14 pm 

RickM wrote:
Quite shocked with this. I assume that he was completely turned down for the Marussia, Caterham and FI seats then!

in not so sure the Aston martin official reveal car and driver were today so since marussia are still in negotiations and force India haven't officially made a choice i think it was more a situation of being told we need an answer yes or no and a chance to get back to winning ways and maybe build his confidence a bit seemed like a better prospect than being stuck in a back marker or missing out on all seats and having nothing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm 

it was said that he was offered 1 year contracts, I think at FI and somewhere else, but he didn't want one year with and uncertain future and wanted at least 2 years. Also can't imagine he wants to be at the back of the grid just to be in F1, he wants to race. I suppose these were big factors in this decision.

I would also love to see him in indy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm 

Better career move than a season in a back marker F1 team.

Don't think he was up to F1 and endurance racing should suit his skills better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am 

I'm glad to see that Bruno will still be racing competitively in 2013 and wish him all the best.