planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm 

I almost bought a 3DTV a while ago but in order to get the 3D channels you had to have a sky world HD subscription at £63 (Now £65.75) a month and there was very little of interest being broadcast, there still isn't. If there had been an option to add 3D with just movies I might have gone for it, but I don't want to pay for the main sports channels because I never watch them.

At the end of the day its over £30/month for 1 3D channel that I would only watch now and then which I can't justify at the moment so won't be bothering until there is much more content available.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:24 pm 

james10171 wrote:
I'll be using live streams in that case! Don't have the sky sports package atm.

I presume you haven't got HD either? It's a cheaper way to get the F1 channel, £10/month.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:01 pm 

With the talk of illegal streams being used how do people use this on a moral grounding? Ok F1 isn't fully free to air anymore but because you're priced out of something doesn't mean it is ok to illegally obtain it (its not stealing bread for a starving family!)

I'd love to have a Ferrari or the McLaren road at but it's out of my price range.. Does that mean its ok to go steal one?!!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
With the talk of illegal streams being used how do people use this on a moral grounding? Ok F1 isn't fully free to air anymore but because you're priced out of something doesn't mean it is ok to illegally obtain it (its not stealing bread for a starving family!)

I'd love to have a Ferrari or the McLaren road at but it's out of my price range.. Does that mean its ok to go steal one?!!

I think what gets peoples backs up is the fact that they used to have it, it was taken away, and now offered for sale back to them. I find the case of F1 worse because the BBC dropped it rather than Sky taking it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm 

crankcase wrote:
I almost bought a 3DTV a while ago but in order to get the 3D channels you had to have a sky world HD subscription at £63 (Now £65.75) a month and there was very little of interest being broadcast, there still isn't. If there had been an option to add 3D with just movies I might have gone for it, but I don't want to pay for the main sports channels because I never watch them.

At the end of the day its over £30/month for 1 3D channel that I would only watch now and then which I can't justify at the moment so won't be bothering until there is much more content available.

I recently picked up a 3D tv for £199 in Sainsburys. I actually didn't even want it for the 3d part. Only wanted it as it was full HD and 32". I tried the 3D out but to be honest its nothing special. Unless you've got perfect vision its impossible to get the full 3d effect, and I sadly dont have 20:20 vision, so end up with it all being slightly out of focus, even with my own glasses on.

For £199 though I cant complain. I certainly wouldn't pay extra for 3D content though.

It's not taken off. Even the TV manufacturers have given up with it and are instead working towards 4K screens.