planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 pm 

PzR Slim wrote:
And once again it didn't seem to hold the three great drivers back that Lowe mentioned did it? You know Johnston, it wouldn't do you any harm and would do wonders for your credibility if you admitted every now and again that Hamilton was actually quite a decent racing car driver. Button won't feel like you're cheating on him, I promise ;)

If you actually paid attention rather than latching onto the perceived negative ones you will see I have actually credited him on more than one occasion and have defended him on more than one occasion too. Unfortunately I think you put on a set of rose tinted glasses when it comes to my posts.

Secondly. Mansell a known whinger, it didn't hold him back but as already stated that was a different time, different regs, different tech, different driving styles.. Do you think he would have passed no comment?

Schui another one. If he could simply drive an oversteery car why did he do so many miles testing to perfect his cars?

Senna another one not known for keeping his mouth shut.

All three drivers who strived to get the car set up right. Do you think with 2009onwards regs and tech they would have passed no comment on the oversteery car,drove it corrections and all? Or do you think they would have said something to try and get the car set up to perfection?

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22 pm 

Johnston wrote:
PzR Slim wrote:
And once again it didn't seem to hold the three great drivers back that Lowe mentioned did it? You know Johnston, it wouldn't do you any harm and would do wonders for your credibility if you admitted every now and again that Hamilton was actually quite a decent racing car driver. Button won't feel like you're cheating on him, I promise ;)

If you actually paid attention rather than latching onto the perceived negative ones you will see I have actually credited him on more than one occasion and have defended him on more than one occasion too. Unfortunately I think you put on a set of rose tinted glasses when it comes to my posts.

Secondly. Mansell a known whinger, it didn't hold him back but as already stated that was a different time, different regs, different tech, different driving styles.. Do you think he would have passed no comment?

Schui another one. If he could simply drive an oversteery car why did he do so many miles testing to perfect his cars?

Senna another one not known for keeping his mouth shut.

All three drivers who strived to get the car set up right. Do you think with 2009onwards regs and tech they would have passed no comment on the oversteery car,drove it corrections and all? Or do you think they would have said something to try and get the car set up to perfection?

You are deluded, what are you talking about?

No Lewis just left the setup of his car to his engineers and let them guess what he wanted to do. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm 

MclarenBullet wrote:
You are deluded, what are you talking about?

No Lewis just left the setup of his car to his engineers and let them guess what he wanted to do. :lol:

again

Quote:
If a driver is giving it back as feedback, isn't he commenting? If he's not commenting on it how can he be giving feedback?

It has to be one or the other. Feedback is a comment and no comment is no feedback.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:31 pm 

Well if that's the case than, we have a champ this year, he'll be struggling a lot with W04. Adding the fact that he'll be struggling a lot more than with a McLaren car, simple math:
MORE CORRECTION FASTER (according to your logic). ---
at Mercedes: EVEN MORE CORRECTIONS AND OVERSTEER --- a WDC.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 pm 

Did everybody overlook the fact Lowe was referring to the very first time Lewis drove an F1 car, probably 2004/2005. A lot harder to complain/compare if its your first drive in an F1 car.

The follies of bias at work again in another Hamilton thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:14 am 

Not to worry, we've got enough time to kill before the season starts anyway...and we must fill it with something, no?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 am 

Maybe Johnston should start his own f1 team, he clearly knows better than the people who are actually in f1 making important decisions...oh wait...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 am 

What Paddy is saying that for most drivers, the car needs to have the front and rear of the car balanced/stable for them to keep control of it whilst going fast.

The grip possible (% of balance) for the front of the car exceeded the rear, but teams are forced to ‘slow down’ the front to make it driveable for most drivers.

Hamilton is able to drive the unbalanced car, which gives him more grip overall, which means he can go faster.

I don’t think anybody can seriously doubt Lewis’ talent. There’s a reason why he debut at McLaren, not some backmarker like HRT. Like him or hate him, he is one of the top 3. And the top 3 in F1 ATM are like Djokovic, Federer & Nadal. All champions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am 

Agree with a lot of the sentiments from many posters on here about armchair experts passing judgement. Johnston and Silverstone Regular seem to think they know better than Paddy Lowe, so well done to both of you I am sure you can expect calls from McLaren to join their technical team!

Also I think Lowe is talking more about Hamilton's driving style when he first started out in F1, he's adapted it recently since Pirelli came in. Last year Brundle did a good feature on his pole lap in Singapore where by in large he was fast but also silky smooth not too dissimilar in style to Button, whereas in Austin he went more aggressive and tried to get the car pointed into the corner ASAP possibly because he felt he had to drag the car around as Red Bull looked very quick in practice.

But unlike some others on the thread I am not going to disagree with a technical director who is far more experienced then any of us to pass judgement on the merits of a driver's racing style!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 am 

The driver is part of a closed loop control system. Lewis is very good at processing system instability during high speed cornering which enables the engineers to optimise the system for reduced lap time in other parts of the circuit.

People talking about Lewis not providing feedback are missing the point and probably aren't qualified to comment on Paddy's quote. Maybe they have a mental image of Lewis power sliding the car round the circuit then failing to mention oversteer to his engineer :o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 am 

Thread locked for rather obvious reasons.

Apologies to those of you who added anything constructive to this thread, but the OP is just a paragraph of shameless trolling.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.