planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Television Coverage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm 

Any idea on what channel the race coverage will be on in the US this year?

I haven't been following that part of it during the off season, but I want to be able to tape and watch races.

Post subject: Re: Television Coverage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 pm 

NBC Sports Group will televise all 20 races of the 2013 season - four on NBC and 16 on NBC Sports Network

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 pm 

I'm really sweating this 8O I've been watching on speed vision/speed since day 1 and have been 100% happy. I have my fingers crossed that NBC Sports does a good job, the NBC site has minimal information on Formula1. There TV listings leave a bit to be desired also. From what I have read they plan to show all the practice unlike speed so I suppose that's is a good thing and I think I read they plan to stream everything so that's another good thing .
I found on TVguide.com I can look 10 days into the future, at least I can find out when it's going to be on. Looking forward to the new season.........RUB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 pm 

I downloaded the NBC Sports Extra app today and it still does not list Formula 1 as one of its supported sports. I also read that they are supposed to be streaming the coverage. Keeping my fingers crossed as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 pm 

I ran across a link to a listing on SI.com a couple days ago, which showed the schedule... will be 15 on NBC Sports Network and 4 on NBC (being Canada, Abu Dhabi, US, Brazil, with those 4 appearing to be live, which makes sense with all but Abu Dhabi as they're time zones good for live TV in the US... Abu Dhabi was listed as an 8 a.m. Eastern start, which while I haven't checked yet to confirm, but I believe that means it would be live, which is a step up from the Fox/Speed arrangement with Canada being live on Fox and then about 1/2 of the European schedule shown on Fox in delay... always hated that part of the calender I enjoy most was resigned to delay broadcast in order to fit Fox's schedules.)

http://sports.sportsillustrated.cnn.com ... ries=FORM1