planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 am 

Don't like to follow Merc after Schumi and I don't really think they are going forward soon, maybe in 2014 when the rules are heavly change.

Now the point is why Brawn coming up with such comments, to me he is refering to Schumi in his comments here which is not at all nice and he should show utmost respect when refering to 7 times WDC.

Let me know what you guys think of it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:41 am 

Where did he say it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:42 am 

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8482332/B ... s-Approach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 am 

Err, what? He was giving context for his comment about Hamilton. Bit paranoid to suggest that he is somehow having a subtle dig at Schumacher. Besides, Brawn and Schumi have a very long close relationship and I've never heard Brawn even remotely publically criticise him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:17 am 

when the relationship are good everything seems fine but when it is not producing the result its human nature to become better and Mr. Brawn is no exception.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 am 

Nothing even remotely to do with Schumi...

However, I do see the subtle dig at Alessi...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 am 

bourbon19 wrote:

So at least it is believed that there is a dig at someone and I would insist that people tend to remember the happenings of near past, a phenomenon which in marketing terms is called "recency" and recently he worked with Schumi, you can also involve Nikki, Toto and the Board of Director here, all these guys were against Schumi except for Haug who has to go after Schumi.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 am 

If you want to go down the path of believing that Brawn is somehow referencing Schumi then the article tends more towards a tribute than a dig. He's talking about the things he wants Hamilton to be and those are the very things he has always said Schumi was.

Not once in the entire time they've been involved together have I ever heard Brawn offer anything other than praise for Schumi. When Schumi's leaving Mercedes and the sport was announced Brawn made a statement in which he said he believed he was the greatest F1 driver of all time.

Brawn is also one of the most measured individuals in the sport and never criticises anything related to his own environment. Even when Barrichello had his meltdown about the team screwing him over, Brawn was calm and pleasant when interviewed straight after the race and put the fire out instantly. So there's absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be critical of Schumi and, moreover, if he was then he'd be criticising himself because it was Brawn who called him and specifically asked him to come back and defended him throughout the three years at Mercedes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 am 

nktoofan wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:

So at least it is believed that there is a dig at someone and I would insist that people tend to remember the happenings of near past, a phenomenon which in marketing terms is called "recency" and recently he worked with Schumi, you can also involve Nikki, Toto and the Board of Director here, all these guys were against Schumi except for Haug who has to go after Schumi.

how was toto against schumi, he didn't even talk to merc until after schumis retirement was announced? As have been mentioned brawn is good friends with him and hasn't he just become an ambassador for merc? Not the type of thing you do if they are against you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:21 am 

Is Sabrina back?!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 pm 

It's hard to ever find fault in Braun's management / pr skills. He is concentrating on Lewis' strengths while emphasising that he is one part of a team effort.

I always thought that one interesting thing to watch out for this season would be how LH matures under RB's steady hand. Personally I think he'll have a big effect on him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 pm 

nktoofan wrote:
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/8482332/Brawn-Hails-Hamilton-s-Approach

I can see your point in as much what can Hamilton bring to the team to drive it forward that Schumacher couldn't, i guess Hamilton does have the advantage of more recent experience of a race winning team

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 1st

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm 

pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:

I can see your point in as much what can Hamilton bring to the team to drive it forward that Schumacher couldn't, i guess Hamilton does have the advantage of more recent experience of a race winning team

Glad some one is able to see the point here, to me watching F1 since Schumi / Ferrari dominence I am unable to think of F1 without great Schumi and feel sad about his time with Merc. Having said that I honestly thinks Hamilton could not bring any thing good to the team (he is not soo good as his fans and pundits believe that he is, it will intersting to see if he could beat Nico or not). Me thinks Merc will remain the same and managment might get frustrated pulling the plug.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 pm 

What's wrong with what he said? I'm sure he didn't mean it to be offensive to Schu anyway.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:52 pm 

Nothing to do with Schumacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:55 pm 

Cant understand why you think it would be a dig at Schumacher. Seemed pretty general to me.

It probably reflects more on your opinion on Michaels return to F1 rather than Brawns...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:57 pm 

nktoofan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:

Glad some one is able to see the point here, to me watching F1 since Schumi / Ferrari dominence I am unable to think of F1 without great Schumi and feel sad about his time with Merc. Having said that I honestly thinks Hamilton could not bring any thing good to the team (he is not soo good as his fans and pundits believe that he is, it will intersting to see if he could beat Nico or not). Me thinks Merc will remain the same and managment might get frustrated pulling the plug.

Driving wise you have to ask if Schumacher was the driver he once was though, 2010 was somewhat of a shock to me

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm 

pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:

Driving wise you have to ask if Schumacher was the driver he once was though, 2010 was somewhat of a shock to me

You don't really have to ask the question. it's obvious that he's not as good as he was, I remember him saying in an interview that he obviously wasn't as good as he was when he was 25, 30 etc

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:08 pm 

schumi7 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:
pokerman wrote:
nktoofan wrote:

You don't really have to ask the question. it's obvious that he's not as good as he was, I remember him saying in an interview that he obviously wasn't as good as he was when he was 25, 30 etc

Fair enough, then its not too unfair on Schumacher to suggest that Hamilton might be a solution to the team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm 

Please don't analyse every single word size during interviews.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 pm 

Its so obvious to me that Brawn is in fact referring to President Obama 8O 8O 8O

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:06 pm 

Nephilist wrote:
It's hard to ever find fault in Braun's management / pr skills. He is concentrating on Lewis' strengths while emphasising that he is one part of a team effort.

I always thought that one interesting thing to watch out for this season would be how LH matures under RB's steady hand. Personally I think he'll have a big effect on him.

I really do agree.

I think Brawn will benefit Hamilton immensely.

I also get the sense that Lewis never really trusted the McLaren pit calls, Brawn should be better in this regard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:08 pm 

What? Don't really see what the OP is saying. Anyway, no amount of PR will make up for a bad car, let's hope it's good and they can also develop it over the season. Red Bull may not have the best car in race 1, but you can be damn sure they will in race 19.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:12 pm 

AtrumVesica wrote:
Its so obvious to me that Brawn is in fact referring to President Obama 8O 8O 8O

Well said :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 pm 

Really? I dont see any dig at Schumacher....and you say what can Hamilton bring for the team?
Well he is a WDC with lots of experience, I dont see what anyone on the grid can do that he cant do.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:22 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Really? I dont see any dig at Schumacher....and you say what can Hamilton bring for the team?
Well he is a WDC with lots of experience, I dont see what anyone on the grid can do that he cant do.

Apart from his driving ability you mean?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm 

IMO Brawns comments had absolutely nothing to do with Schumacher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:23 pm 

Obviously a dig at Nico :P

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Obviously a dig at Nico :P

Obviously at dig at Brawn himself :nod:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm 

pokerman wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:

Apart from his driving ability you mean?

As I said, he is as good as anyone else on the grid....sure he made alot of mistakes below his standard 2011 but other
than that he has shown alot of consistency especially last season.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:06 pm 

Has this thread got a point at all? Brawn could have been having a dig at any of Mercedes employees. Do they make the problems worse or do they try and make the problems got away? That's all. The sooner the racing starts again the better for this forum.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Has this thread got a point at all? Brawn could have been having a dig at any of Mercedes employees. Do they make the problems worse or do they try and make the problems got away? That's all. The sooner the racing starts again the better for this forum.

He isnt even having a dig at anyone thats the funny part.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

But that's what I'm meaning if it was a dig it could have been anyone. He was just making a point to everyone at the team IMO, please don't cause the problems, please try and get rid of them.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
nike2die4 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

But that's what I'm meaning if it was a dig it could have been anyone. He was just making a point to everyone at the team IMO, please don't cause the problems, please try and get rid of them.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:21 am 

And that team is still going to make stupid mistakes i.e. not attaching tyre properly to Schumi's car, having jamed rear wing and trying to set it free with hammer again with Schumi, break pressure problems Schumi again, all in all 15 retirements thanx to Brawn and co.

Lewis is in for biggest frustrations of his life, you might say that he facced these problems at Mclaren but I can bet this will be handful for him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:44 am 

AtrumVesica wrote:

pfffftttt You wish.... Its plain to see he was referring to Kim Jung Il

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 am 

nktoofan wrote:
And that team is still going to make stupid mistakes i.e. not attaching tyre properly to Schumi's car, having jamed rear wing and trying to set it free with hammer again with Schumi, break pressure problems Schumi again, all in all 15 retirements thanx to Brawn and co.

Lewis is in for biggest frustrations of his life, you might say that he facced these problems at Mclaren but I can bet this will be handful for him.

your negativity is part of the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am 

nktoofan wrote:

It won't be worse than last year, as McL cost Lewis the title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 am 

All teams bar one cost their drivers the title.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 am 

I think schumi lost his edge - he came back all nicey nicey when what merc and brawn needed was the elite, focused sod of a gun willing to do anything to win - schumi of the past would of demanded excellence throughout the team and he'd of got it.