planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 3
I'm wondering if both Hamilton and Rosberg are planning to wear yellow helmets this year. If they do, how are we supposed to tell who is who? It was never an issue before as their teammates always had different helmets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:33 pm
Posts: 32
Hamilton will be the one in-front.

Or behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1342
Laura23 wrote:
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

Which driver will have which then ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
A2jdl wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

Which driver will have which then ?

Rosberg will have orange. Hamilton yellow.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Edinburgh
Laura23 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

Which driver will have which then ?

Rosberg will have orange. Hamilton yellow.


Rosberg will have yellow. As he has done for the past 3 years


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
Saorsa wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

Which driver will have which then ?

Rosberg will have orange. Hamilton yellow.


Rosberg will have yellow. As he has done for the past 3 years

Driver with the lower number gets orange. Rosberg had the higher number in 10/11/12. For 13 he has 9. Hamilton has 10.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1342
Laura23 wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
T-Cam colour. One will be orange and the other yellow.

Which driver will have which then ?

Rosberg will have orange. Hamilton yellow.


Rosberg will have yellow. As he has done for the past 3 years

Driver with the lower number gets orange. Rosberg had the higher number in 10/11/12. For 13 he has 9. Hamilton has 10.

Cheers. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 93
From the images I've seen of both drivers it's 'easy' to tell them apart as Nico has a chrome Merc sign in the middle of the black monster band, whether this is the case on the goggle box is another matter, at the circuit it'll be absolutely no help whatsoever, that's a fact!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:46 pm
Posts: 394
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1270
Location: Sydney, Australia
speedster_sid wrote:
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image

Looking at that picture I think I am going to get a little confused at the start of the season especially as drivers sit so low in their cars & you can usually only see the top part of their helmet. You do get used to the slight differences, though, as the season goes on & I hope this is the case at Mercedes & Laura, you're right, sometimes it is only the different colour of the onboard camera that shows you which driver is which but, I sometimes forget to look at that :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
Posts: 440
TheGunner wrote:
Hamilton will be the one in-front.

Or Crashing in to Massa.

Corrected for you ;)

Also anyone want to place bets how many times the commentators make mistakes or wait that bit longer to say "Lewis/Nico" while they figure out who the driver is.

Helmets are too similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 930
Remember the old days when you could actually make out the numbers on the cars because they bigger than a postage stamp?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1342
JohnnyGuitar wrote:
Remember the old days when you could actually make out the numbers on the cars because they bigger than a postage stamp?

Yes that would be good and useful if they went back to great big number on the side


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
DrG wrote:
speedster_sid wrote:
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image

Looking at that picture I think I am going to get a little confused at the start of the season especially as drivers sit so low in their cars & you can usually only see the top part of their helmet. You do get used to the slight differences, though, as the season goes on & I hope this is the case at Mercedes & Laura, you're right, sometimes it is only the different colour of the onboard camera that shows you which driver is which but, I sometimes forget to look at that :D


From the side it will be easy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
Eva09 wrote:
DrG wrote:
speedster_sid wrote:
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image

Looking at that picture I think I am going to get a little confused at the start of the season especially as drivers sit so low in their cars & you can usually only see the top part of their helmet. You do get used to the slight differences, though, as the season goes on & I hope this is the case at Mercedes & Laura, you're right, sometimes it is only the different colour of the onboard camera that shows you which driver is which but, I sometimes forget to look at that :D


From the side it will be easy.

High cockpit sides may put paid to that, especially when they are going 150+ MPH.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1316
Location: Austria
hailtothemonkey wrote:
I'm wondering if both Hamilton and Rosberg are planning to wear yellow helmets this year. If they do, how are we supposed to tell who is who? It was never an issue before as their teammates always had different helmets.

the one tweeting between corners should be hamilton...

_________________
How to fix F1:
1. Stop seeking consensuses on rules - it will always turn out to be the least favourible option for everyone involved...
2. Listen to the fans - there are plenty of them and they have good ideas...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
On TV at least, you can't miss Nico's neon yellow gloves.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm
Posts: 1
this will confuse massa on who to block for alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Edinburgh
I'm not big on the rules but why aren't teams allowed to use different liveries for each car. As long as the livery is actually connected to the teams.

It gets me thinking about BAR's car a few years ago. They wanted one car in 777 sponsorship and the other in red stripe.

If you think about it other teams could easily do this...

Ferrari: One car being their normal red livery and one being Ferrari yellow livery
Red Bull: One being normal red bull livery the other being Red Bull Lite (light blue) livery
Mclaren: One being their current Silver dash of red/orange livery and the other in the rocket red/orange livery (victory t-shirts)
...........
...........

I could go on a mention something like this for each team but I can't understand why teams are not allowed to do this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1342
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not big on the rules but why aren't teams allowed to use different liveries for each car. As long as the livery is actually connected to the teams.

It gets me thinking about BAR's car a few years ago. They wanted one car in 777 sponsorship and the other in red stripe.

If you think about it other teams could easily do this...

Ferrari: One car being their normal red livery and one being Ferrari yellow livery
Red Bull: One being normal red bull livery the other being Red Bull Lite (light blue) livery
Mclaren: One being their current Silver dash of red/orange livery and the other in the rocket red/orange livery (victory t-shirts)
...........
...........

I could go on a mention something like this for each team but I can't understand why teams are not allowed to do this.


It's a nice idea and one I'd like to see. But one problem with it would be the amount of bodywork parts they would have to take to each race ... Nearly twice a much to cover both cars ( that is just a guess mind to the amount )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am 
Online

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 132
It has happened in the past.

Keke Rosberg drove a Marlboro Lights Mclaren in the 1986 Estoril GP.
It was the only time it happen 'cos it was deemed that it looked like the colours where washed out & had faded in the sun!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 205
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not big on the rules but why aren't teams allowed to use different liveries for each car. As long as the livery is actually connected to the teams.

It gets me thinking about BAR's car a few years ago. They wanted one car in 777 sponsorship and the other in red stripe.

If you think about it other teams could easily do this...

Ferrari: One car being their normal red livery and one being Ferrari yellow livery
Red Bull: One being normal red bull livery the other being Red Bull Lite (light blue) livery
Mclaren: One being their current Silver dash of red/orange livery and the other in the rocket red/orange livery (victory t-shirts)
...........
...........

I could go on a mention something like this for each team but I can't understand why teams are not allowed to do this.


I don't know if the FIA is against this, but I think the sponsors themselves would not like this. They paid the teams for their brand to be advertised on two cars, not just one, and a different livery may end up compromising this a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 am
Posts: 91
It'll be easy when they've broken down after a couple of laps there will be no problem to see which is which.

I hate to write this from a was loyal supporter of Mercedes to a supporter with no confidence in the team at all, if they couldn't make it with Schumacher after 3 years I have given up on them.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong because I would love to see them start winning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 132
^ Well look at it this way....

If Hamilton does well (Wins races/Gets podiums) then all the Schumi lovers will claim that Hamilton has a better car this year & Schumi couldnt win because his car was poor.
If Hamilton does very poor everyone will say Schumi was a better driver & could do better.

In either case, I think Hamiltons gonna get a lot of flak for Schumi fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 930
Saorsa wrote:
I'm not big on the rules but why aren't teams allowed to use different liveries for each car. As long as the livery is actually connected to the teams.

It gets me thinking about BAR's car a few years ago. They wanted one car in 777 sponsorship and the other in red stripe.

If you think about it other teams could easily do this...

Ferrari: One car being their normal red livery and one being Ferrari yellow livery
Red Bull: One being normal red bull livery the other being Red Bull Lite (light blue) livery
Mclaren: One being their current Silver dash of red/orange livery and the other in the rocket red/orange livery (victory t-shirts)
...........
...........

I could go on a mention something like this for each team but I can't understand why teams are not allowed to do this.


It was 555 and Lucky Strike.

They wanted to run:

Image

When told they weren't allowed, they ran this monstrosity on both cars:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
That all blue 555 livery was stunning. Would have been one of the best of the modern era if it had stuck.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 am
Posts: 930
Laura23 wrote:
That all blue 555 livery was stunning. Would have been one of the best of the modern era if it had stuck.


Yeah I wish they'd just gone with that one. It was so iconic with the Subaru WRC cars .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 3
Thank you gentlemen. Especially speedster_sid - that picture will be a great help! :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:54 pm
Posts: 371
Location: York, United Kingdom.
Lewis has black gloves this season, Nico has yellow.

_________________
Lewis Hamilton - 2008 World Drivers Champion! Mercedes - 23 Grand Prix wins.

PF1 Prediction Competition - currently 64th :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 789
Location: Derby
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
DrG wrote:
speedster_sid wrote:
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image

Looking at that picture I think I am going to get a little confused at the start of the season especially as drivers sit so low in their cars & you can usually only see the top part of their helmet. You do get used to the slight differences, though, as the season goes on & I hope this is the case at Mercedes & Laura, you're right, sometimes it is only the different colour of the onboard camera that shows you which driver is which but, I sometimes forget to look at that :D


From the side it will be easy.

High cockpit sides may put paid to that, especially when they are going 150+ MPH.

Williams used side pod numbers lastyear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:42 pm
Posts: 93
potter84 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
DrG wrote:
speedster_sid wrote:
I will keep this pic open during the race.For reference :-P

Image

Looking at that picture I think I am going to get a little confused at the start of the season especially as drivers sit so low in their cars & you can usually only see the top part of their helmet. You do get used to the slight differences, though, as the season goes on & I hope this is the case at Mercedes & Laura, you're right, sometimes it is only the different colour of the onboard camera that shows you which driver is which but, I sometimes forget to look at that :D


From the side it will be easy.

High cockpit sides may put paid to that, especially when they are going 150+ MPH.

Williams used side pod numbers lastyear

They also had next to no sponsorship.........!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:43 am
Posts: 150
It's going to be really difficult telling them apart next season!

Image

_________________
Brazil 1994 Image Brazil 2012


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 731
orbthef1fan wrote:
Lewis has black gloves this season, Nico has yellow.

Lewis has brown eyes, Nico has blue eyes :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 605
mini998 wrote:
this will confuse massa on who to block for alonso


so you are saying that Massa won't block one of them? and just let him pass?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:46 pm
Posts: 394
hailtothemonkey wrote:
Thank you gentlemen. Especially speedster_sid - that picture will be a great help! :o


:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:23 am
Posts: 278
Looks very confusing...

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 600
its obvious whats going on here - nobody dare tell em , one of you needs to use a different helmet design - i wonder who's got the job


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 600
er nikki beings your the new team member- we have a tiny job for ya


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Merc Confusion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7234
Location: London
It should be really easy, Hamilton's car will be full of "swagger" and Nico's will be wearing a tiara...

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ainscowpaul, Argentum, cmberry20, coulthards chin, Harpo, Liket, Prema, TheBlackFlag and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group