planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:00 am 

Well just revealed in Australia by 888 racing the new v8 Supercar cars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 am 

It's only a sponsorship deal, replacing Vodafone. Buying ad space is hardly a new birth!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 am 

Looks like it belongs in NASCAR, but still much better looking than the Vodafone Livery. Looking forwards to seeing them in the flesh at Clipsal.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am 

Toby. wrote:
It's only a sponsorship deal, replacing Vodafone. Buying ad space is hardly a new birth!

This really goes well beyond buying advertising since you don't really care to read the facts I ain't gonna bother with you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:52 am 

I thought the team had actually shut down last year that Whincup and Lowndes drove for. This is still the same team?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:53 am 

Same team under the banner of red bull racing Australia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 am 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

This really goes well beyond buying advertising since you don't really care to read the facts I ain't gonna bother with you.

Well pardon me. I'm only repeating what i've read elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 am 

Toby. wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Oh my goodness. Oh no. 8O

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 am 

Vodafone decided to end its sponsorship of V8 Supercars and plough the money instead into its mobile phone network and improving customer service. Their contract with the team terminated end of 2012 and Red Bull stepped in as the new major backer of the team. This is nothing but a sponsorship change.

The team is "Triple Eight Race Engineering", they just got a new sponsor.

They took over Briggs Motor Sport team in 2004 and their primary sponsor was Betta Electrical. In 2007 Betta left and were replaced by Vodafone. Now it's Red Bull's turn, that's all there is to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 am 

Its still run by 888 - they are an established squad - but with the resources that come with a Red Bull title sponsorship. They have produced some hilarious media so far, and the launch event looked fun. The new car tech is cool. I'll be paying more attention this year...been waiting to see how the new format plays out since they started developing it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 am 

Hilarious tv ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kjp35 ... ata_player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 am 

And the harlem shake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3bmPXa ... ata_player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 am 

Muzzyf1 wrote:

Very interesting that a programme named "Red Bull Racing Australia" would be allowed to say in an advert,

Quote:
It drives like a ****box -- like a Nissan

When you consider the Grand Prix team's official entrant name contains that of a Nissan product.

Yes, yes, yes. I know all about Nissan entering the V8 Supercar series in the near future, it was just a point to make.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 am 

Nothing like reinforcing stereotypes, neh!

Q. What's The Difference Between A Carton Of Yoghurt And An Australian?

A. If You Leave The Yoghurt Long Enough It Will Grow Some Culture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 am 

Toby. wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

Can you link to this "elsewhere" so that those who aren't in the know can find out why this is just a sponsorship change - and not something similar to when RBR took over Jaguar F1?

Would help me...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 am 

Gothalamide wrote:

Can you link to this "elsewhere" so that those who aren't in the know can find out why this is just a sponsorship change - and not something similar to when RBR took over Jaguar F1?

Would help me...

Try this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101682

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:04 pm 

Hope it turns out better for them than their NASCAR effort did.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm 

Red Bull sponsor new team... Yay...

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

And yet, Toby wasn't really wrong though, was he? All that has happened is that Roland has changed his team's major sponsor from Vodafone to Red Bull, just like McLaren has had to change their major sponsor.

A lot of Ford fans have complained about Roland & his team in the past few years but, as far as I am concerned, he has not put a foot wrong which is why his team has been so successful & I have admired him since he first stepped foot in V8 Supercars. It does help that his team fields my favourite drivers in Craig Lowndes & Jamie Whincup :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:30 pm 

RaggedMan wrote:
Hope it turns out better for them than their NASCAR effort did.

Actually, Brian Vickers was getting good results for Red Bull in NASCAR until he had to stop racing because of blood clots that could have killed him & he had to stop racing. Scott Speed, on the other hand, (sorry ashley313) was the same dick & big mouth in NASCAR as he had been in F1. Brian Vickers, however, started to make a come back to NASCAR racing last year by running a couple of races during the year, with reasonable results, but I am not sure what he is doing this year. Personally, I think he is talented enough to come back, if he has the backing, so I guess we will have to wait & see :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm 

Vickers raced at Daytona last month with the AF Corse/Waltrip entry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 pm 

Whingecup still signed to Monster Energy...

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/02/14/jam ... continues/

Sorry if I find that hilarious....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:01 am 

He has terminated his contract what's hilarious about that. Monster are being stupid about it. .
They should under the circumstances allow him to break the contract. It's not like jaime knew red bull would be title sponsor in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:42 am 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
He has terminated his contract what's hilarious about that. Monster are being stupid about it. .
They should under the circumstances allow him to break the contract. It's not like jaime knew red bull would be title sponsor in the future,
That can be looked at the other way. It's not Monster's problem that Whincup's team is now a competing brand. Why should they lose out on their sponsorship deal because of that? Why should the team sponsorship usurp their personal sponsorship if they have a valid contract?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:13 am 

kai_ wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
They should under the circumstances allow him to break the contract. It's not like jaime knew red bull would be title sponsor in the future,
That can be looked at the other way. It's not Monster's problem that Whincup's team is now a competing brand. Why should they lose out on their sponsorship deal because of that? Why should the team sponsorship usurp their personal sponsorship if they have a valid contract?

Maybe there's a "No Bull" clause

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 am 

kai_ wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:

how stupid would monster look when whincup would be winning in a red bull car !

It was silly to think under the circumstances that this deal would be beneficial for both sides !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 am 

Muzzyf1 wrote:
kai_ wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:

It was silly to think under the circumstances that this deal would be beneficial for both sides !

I don't see how Monster are the silly ones. From what I understand of the situation Monster had their sponsorship deal in place before Red Bull came on board with the team. Monster are within their rights to enforce the terms of their contract.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:41 am 

kai_ wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:
kai_ wrote:
Muzzyf1 wrote:

I don't see how Monster are the silly ones. From what I understand of the situation Monster had their sponsorship deal in place before Red Bull came on board with the team. Monster are within their rights to enforce the terms of their contract.

What would be most amusing would be if he won the first race of the season and then had to conduct the post race interviews drinking both Red Bull and Monster drinks because of the clashing sponsorship arrangements...

hehe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:38 am 

Just saw the new Merc, I thought it would look tougher, this is gonna be one he'll of a season!!!

Holden forever!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:12 pm 

Ruste13 wrote:
Just saw the new Merc, I thought it would look tougher, this is gonna be one he'll of a season!!!

Holden forever!

I was at Eastern creek at the test day and I have to say the Mercedes v8 sounds awesome

Overall I think the two red bull Australia cars look the fastest they looked awesome through the corners. ..

F1 should learn from v8 Supercars the access to the cars especially the grid walkwhere people could touch the cars walk around them was totally awesome.

I'm looking forward to watching my first full dseason of the Supercars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:16 pm 

Last edited by Muzzyf1 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:47 am 

Nice shots muzzy, looks like a good day out. Apparently the new Holden is already on record pace? I thought thr COTF would be faster than the old car but not at the first test!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 am 

Jono Thanks was a great day out free to anyone who bothered to turn up.
At one stage all the cars were lined up in the main straight and the gates were opened to the public, we got up close and personal with the cars some drivers likeCraig lowndes were next to the cars signing autographs .

WOrlds apart from what I experienced at Melbourne f1 gp last year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 am 

Love the interaction with the fans who ultimately pay for this sport .

Thank you to v8supercars Australia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:37 am 

Actually i think its just the West Coast Eagles livery on the Irwincar that make it look a bit soft, the SP Tools entry looks hot!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm 

Question is, will Mark Webber take the hint? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm 

I love this series. Best touring car series in the world by far.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!