planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Singapore
Image

Did anyone know if he did beat Vettel's time??


Last edited by Ev0lutionz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 323
Looks like it might be a 1.43.* for the top time? Maybe point 5? Vettel's time was 1.44.0.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:23 am
Posts: 70
1:43.9


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
davidb23 wrote:
Looks like it might be a 1.43.* for the top time? Maybe point 5? Vettel's time was 1.44.0.

IF true Lewis time was a 1.42.9
but I can't say if this is really true or someone told nonsense

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
looks like a 1:43.9 to me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: LONDON...!
ashley313 wrote:
looks like a 1:43.9 to me.

Same here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 295
Location: Barnsley, England
should of put spoilers in the title :-P now a little bit on the anticipations ruined

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am
Posts: 909
Location: Upsate NY, USA
Gaz wrote:
should of put spoilers in the title :-P now a little bit on the anticipations ruined

This


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 8:52 am
Posts: 461
I reckon it's a 1:43.8.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 pm
Posts: 1
Vettel's time was 1:44.
Hamilton's old time was 1:44.7 in the wet (and reportedly oily), so not surprising he'd top Vettel in the dry...

Sacked Stig (Ben Collins) said the track being wet added 3-4 seconds to a lap (presuming he meant for the average driver since F1 drivers are more used to driving in the rain). His dry lap was formerly the third fastest dry lap (after Barichello) at 1:44.3.


Last edited by SeaLawyer on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Singapore
Gaz wrote:
should of put spoilers in the title :-P now a little bit on the anticipations ruined



Oopsie. Done editing the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Did Rubens still hold the record or was that beat?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6566
Johnston wrote:
Did Rubens still hold the record or was that beat?

Vettel beat Rubens

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
pokerman wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Did Rubens still hold the record or was that beat?

Vettel beat Rubens



Okay, haven't watched it in about 3 years .

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Posts: 289
That's defo a 1.43.9 to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Im revising my guess to "I have no idea" as even Seb's 1 44 0 looks like 1 46 something :P Clarkson has the most inconsistent hand writing in the world - every entry on all three lap time boards looks written by someone different.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6566
Johnston wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Did Rubens still hold the record or was that beat?

Vettel beat Rubens



Okay, haven't watched it in about 3 years .

Fair enough lol

I use to watch it all the time till i got fed up of it a little, now just watch it now and again

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6566
james10171 wrote:
That's defo a 1.43.9 to me.

May there be accusations of corner cutting again? :lol:

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6566
ashley313 wrote:
Im revising my guess to "I have no idea" as even Seb's 1 44 0 looks like 1 46 something :P Clarkson has the most inconsistent hand writing in the world - every entry on all three lap time boards looks written by someone different.

He should have been a doctor perhaps? :)

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm
Posts: 289
pokerman wrote:
james10171 wrote:
That's defo a 1.43.9 to me.

May there be accusations of corner cutting again? :lol:


:lol:

Where's Johnston when you need him :lol:

I bet he's gonna say he already cut some corners before he's even watched the lap!

EDIT: Johnston is above my initial post looooool


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lewis Top gear..
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
pokerman wrote:
Johnston wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Did Rubens still hold the record or was that beat?

Vettel beat Rubens



Okay, haven't watched it in about 3 years .

Fair enough lol

I use to watch it all the time till i got fed up of it a little, now just watch it now and again



Same here. Then if I read anything good happened I keep meaning to watch it on the iPlayer but never get round to it :lol:

and James Nice try. But unlike some I wait until I have something to back up what I say ;)

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:28 pm
Posts: 195
Rumour has it that Lewis has beaten vettel by 1.1 seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 280
I thought this was a discussion about Spoilers on Top Gear. Now it's been ruined for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 731
Spoiler: show
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 pm
Posts: 26
I changed the brightness and contrast of the picture and it looks like a 1:42.9

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrfWRW1MJhQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm
Posts: 1962
gamer9 wrote:
I changed the brightness and contrast of the picture and it looks like a 1:42.9

I concur, I applied some sharpening and while it still isn't conclusive it looks more like 1:42 than 1:43. Plus, his smile looks a lot bigger than you'd expect if he'd only beaten Vettel by 0.1 seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: LONDON...!
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
I changed the brightness and contrast of the picture and it looks like a 1:42.9

I concur, I applied some sharpening and while it still isn't conclusive it looks more like 1:42 than 1:43. Plus, his smile looks a lot bigger than you'd expect if he'd only beaten Vettel by 0.1 seconds.

Was Vettel's time a 1.44 dead?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 am
Posts: 219
Location: Tri City - PL
SteveC84 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
I changed the brightness and contrast of the picture and it looks like a 1:42.9

I concur, I applied some sharpening and while it still isn't conclusive it looks more like 1:42 than 1:43. Plus, his smile looks a lot bigger than you'd expect if he'd only beaten Vettel by 0.1 seconds.

Was Vettel's time a 1.44 dead?

Yes it was

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5 ... driverlaps

_________________
RKS - JBS - KRS - LHS - FAS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: LONDON...!
Big Arti wrote:
SteveC84 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
I changed the brightness and contrast of the picture and it looks like a 1:42.9

I concur, I applied some sharpening and while it still isn't conclusive it looks more like 1:42 than 1:43. Plus, his smile looks a lot bigger than you'd expect if he'd only beaten Vettel by 0.1 seconds.

Was Vettel's time a 1.44 dead?

Yes it was

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5 ... driverlaps

Cheers mate.

If Hamilton has done his lap in a 1.42.9 thats all hail the mods fast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 am
Posts: 190
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 2455
Location: LONDON...!
Cant wait for Top Gear this weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7307
Location: London
:uhoh:

theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 4615
Laura23 wrote:
:uhoh:

theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


I am pretty sure that was a joke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 169
theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


1 Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull – 281
2 Fernando Alonso - Ferrari – 278
3 Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus – 207
4 Lewis Hamilton - McLaren – 190 <---- Best driver on the grid... :lol:
5 Jenson Button - McLaren - 188

_________________
o·ver·rat·ed - overestimation of skills or abilities, anything that is given too much credit and hype.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 633
viariani wrote:
theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


1 Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull – 281
2 Fernando Alonso - Ferrari – 278
3 Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus – 207
4 Lewis Hamilton - McLaren – 190 <---- Best driver on the grid... :lol:
5 Jenson Button - McLaren - 188


I know it's a Hamilton post but you don't have to remind us you don't like him every time!
Chill viariani. You'll live longer ;)

OT: If that's 1.42:9, that's a great time. I do wonder how many drivers take it as seriously, and there are also going to be variations in how the car's setup each time. All a bit of fun really.

I'd love to have a crack at that track...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.

We don't need top gear to know that :)

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 169
Sevenfest wrote:
viariani wrote:
theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


1 Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull – 281
2 Fernando Alonso - Ferrari – 278
3 Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus – 207
4 Lewis Hamilton - McLaren – 190 <---- Best driver on the grid... :lol:
5 Jenson Button - McLaren - 188


I know it's a Hamilton post but you don't have to remind us you don't like him every time!
Chill viariani. You'll live longer ;)

OT: If that's 1.42:9, that's a great time. I do wonder how many drivers take it as seriously, and there are also going to be variations in how the car's setup each time. All a bit of fun really.

I'd love to have a crack at that track...


Just pointing out the fallacies in the "best driver on the grid" argument. Pesky real World facts eh, they just won't go away ;)

_________________
o·ver·rat·ed - overestimation of skills or abilities, anything that is given too much credit and hype.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 6566
Well i guess it was nice for him to drive something that didn't break down ;)

That besides if 1.1 seconds was the gap then that would suggest variable conditions perhaps, when was it actually filmed?

Edit: Change favourable for variable, that doesn't read right :)

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Last edited by pokerman on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 169
pokerman wrote:
viariani wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:
viariani wrote:
theman28 wrote:
Insane that he was that fast, guess this will silence the doubters. Best driver on the grid.


1 Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull – 281
2 Fernando Alonso - Ferrari – 278
3 Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus – 207
4 Lewis Hamilton - McLaren – 190 <---- Best driver on the grid... :lol:
5 Jenson Button - McLaren - 188


I know it's a Hamilton post but you don't have to remind us you don't like him every time!
Chill viariani. You'll live longer ;)

OT: If that's 1.42:9, that's a great time. I do wonder how many drivers take it as seriously, and there are also going to be variations in how the car's setup each time. All a bit of fun really.

I'd love to have a crack at that track...


Just pointing out the fallacies in the "best driver on the grid" argument. Pesky real World facts eh, they just won't go away ;)

Well i guess it was nice for him to drive something that didn't break down ;)

That besides if 1.1 seconds was the gap then that would suggest variable conditions perhaps, when was it actually filmed?


Yes, the reliability was suprising, perhaps he's learned from 2012 not to be so hard on the car ;)

_________________
o·ver·rat·ed - overestimation of skills or abilities, anything that is given too much credit and hype.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm
Posts: 123
Looks like a Specsavers ad to me...

_________________
Image
Supporting N#2s since 1995.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CanadianDan, Exediron, flynn, Google Adsense [Bot], GoOnJenson, James14, Poker, RaggedMan, shoot999, wrath and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group