planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:45 pm 

Balibari wrote:
Bang on schedule, it's the annual, "it's only Marko who hates you" assertion from RB Towers.

Bingo. I was waiting for this. LOL I don't feel Red Bull explicitly "sacrifices" Mark though - just a few questionable strategies here and there. I have no doubt they receive the same car in terms of quality.

I personally think it's a sad state of affairs when a few of the teams routinely feel it's necessary to announce that their driver that finished behind in points the previous year have an equal opportunity going forward. I can think of exactly two teams that do it year after year "bang on schedule" as Balibari puts it - Ferrari and Red Bull; two teams that do it on occasion - McLaren and Lotus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm 

pokerman wrote:
I don't really know where this thread is going, Webber has been beaten these last 4 seasons by Vettel, is this through lack of equality?

It has been close in three of the four seasons, so what do you think?

Honda Quick wrote:
Bingo. I was waiting for this. LOL I don't feel Red Bull explicitly "sacrifices" Mark though - just a few questionable strategies here and there. I have no doubt they receive the same car in terms of quality.

In terms of speed yes, in terms of reliability? it doesn't stack up, Webber's technical problems are much more consistent. Domenicali suggested Vettel gets the better parts and on the evidence, I wouldn't disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:20 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
pokerman wrote:
I don't really know where this thread is going, Webber has been beaten these last 4 seasons by Vettel, is this through lack of equality?

It has been close in three of the four seasons, so what do you think?

Not really...

In 2011 there was 134 points difference between Vettel and Webber.
In 2012 the difference was 102 points.

The closest was 2010 where the difference was 14 points. And that is the season where Vettel had lost 3 wins to car problems. In the last 3 years Vettel lost a total of 6 of those to mechanical issues.

Last edited by PacificBeach on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 pm 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
RaggedMan wrote:
MDS isn't saying that the strategy was great. He's saying based on the way the race played out, a chance they took early in the race didn't play out the way they expected it to due to the saftey car and higher than expected tire degradation. So bad, but unintentional.

Webber saying "we didn't get the strategy right in Singapore" doesn't mean "Yep the team really screwed me there." He's just saying it wasn't good, placing no blame on anyone. I think by saying that the strategy was "a shocker," given the context of the discussion, folks might interpret that as saying that it was the teams intention to run that strategy from the start and didn't adapt to the circumstances or gave him a bad strategy on purpose.

It wasn't just Singapore, there were about 5 or 6 races where Webber's strategy was poor

Once again, name them please. Third time I'm asking!

And if you're saying Singapore was indeed poor strategy, please indicate what they did wrong (and not speaking from hindsight).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 am 

Honda Quick wrote:

In terms of speed yes, in terms of reliability? it doesn't stack up, Webber's technical problems are much more consistent. Domenicali suggested Vettel gets the better parts and on the evidence, I wouldn't disagree.[/quote]

Yeah, but going on just that evidence, then I'm led to believe that Kimi Raikkonen had inferior parts in terms of reliability to both DC and Montoya, Hamilton with inferior parts to Button, etc. When it comes to the big teams, there is no reason why both drivers do not have top quality (and equal) parts for both cars going into the weekend.

Ashley or Banana Man had an interesting theory about Webber and his KERS issues. Obviously nothing WE can prove, but it was pretty descriptive and sensible nonetheless... a lot more so than other "credible" theories floating around. :p