planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:30 pm 

pokerman wrote:
POBRatings wrote:
Adit N. wrote:
Massa moved for Alonso, Rubens for Schumi, and Piquet Jr. to the wall. I feel bad for Brazilians.

Your mention of number two driver Nelson Piquet jnr : he was a really fast rookie when measured against team-mate Alonso in 2008. And when you consider that he hardly had any testing (hogged by Fred) his performances were outstanding. According to my stats Grosjean was 0.3% slower than Piquet on average, for the seven races after he took over. Grosjean too was fast in 2009 for a rookie with little testing. RoGro now is really fast.

Piquet jnr was great loss to F1. Had he stayed with Renault, he'd have been teamed with Kubica for 2010. Imo this would have been a formidable pair.

In qualifying Grosjean was quicker than Piquet

I measured Piquet and Grosjean based on their race time averages, which in my system take precedence over quali/pre-race times. I do not measure qualifying only, but use any pre-race times becuase sometimes drivers set better times then; pre-race my stats have Romain and Nelson equal.
No doubt about Romain's speed; Alonso reckoned he was good and deserved his second chance in 2012.