planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 am 

http://thejudge13.com/2013/02/19/sutil- ... /#comments

I could watch her all day long and not get bored :( and she knew about f1, rather they dropped that sugarplum Simon instead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 am 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
I can't see why anyone would have a problem with her. She's a perfectly good presenter, doesn't go in for the giggling-idiot-princess persona favoured by most half-pretty presenters her age (I'm looking at you, Pinkham), and didn't embarass herself with a lack of knowledge.

Lazenby's a complete pickle, why didn't they sack him?

of Alice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:45 am 

Ummm, I'm not sure why you are so upset even after reading the story. She's good looking sure, but there are still the grid girls to look at :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 pm 

other than the schoolyard flirting with ant davidson over the skypad i thought she was good for the show and much better than giggles pinkham! lazenby got better as the year went on but still constantly looked either bored with somewhere better to be or more often like he was in pain :-| he should've been the one to be ditched.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 pm 

They've sacked Georgie from Sky F1? Why? I thought she was one of the better presenters and her and Ted made a good duo when hosting the F1 show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 pm 

Balibari wrote:
I can't see why anyone would have a problem with her. She's a perfectly good presenter, doesn't go in for the giggling-idiot-princess persona favoured by most half-pretty presenters her age (I'm looking at you, Pinkham), and didn't embarass herself with a lack of knowledge.

Why? because she looks like the typical blonde bimbo who is clueless in F1 let alone motorsports?

She was there to look pretty and nothing more. I totally agree with what the article has said, I much prefer the other woman who was also trusted to present the new Mclaren.

She comes across as some one who is interested in the sport and would live and breath it if she could compared to miss blonde.

I am glad they booted her out if it is official.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm 

Teddy007 wrote:
Balibari wrote:

Why? because she looks like the typical blonde bimbo who is clueless in F1 let alone motorsports?

She was there to look pretty and nothing more. I totally agree with what the article has said, I much prefer the other woman who was also trusted to present the new Mclaren.

She comes across as some one who is interested in the sport and would live and breath it if she could compared to miss blonde.

So they've booted her out because she's a 'blonde bimbo'?
Surely more likely is the fact they currently employ a few ex drivers who I'm sure command a big salary, and they needed to make cuts.

I thought she had a good attitude and although wasn't hugely knowledgeable she was at least willing to learn. More importantly she wasn't annoying to watch - something that can't be said of Herbert and Lazenby.

Why would you be glad that someones lost their job?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:26 pm 

She was actually a really good presenter, not just some bimbo put there to look good. Are we still having to suffer Lazenby?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:32 pm 

Teddy007 wrote:

She may look like this, she may even have been given the job partly because of this, but I think she actually and did a decent job presenting and getting to grips with the sport.
She often asked the sort of questions the layman (or even more experienced fans) might want to know the answer to that people within F1 might skip over or take as read, without being dumb or obvious. I'd be sad to see her go.

Last edited by wolfticket on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm 

I think Herbert's quite funny in fairness and Georgie was getting better. Sad if she's gone but its not the end of the world

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 pm 

Lazenby is the one major negative skys F1 coverage has. Georgie was and is a better presenter than him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:38 pm 

While she was certainly not the worst presenter on the Sky team by a long shot, I can't say that the news makes me particularly 'sad' about the new season. I mean, if we were losing Brundle or Davidson then I would probably be annoyed, but aside from those two the presentation team are not hugely important for my enjoyment of the sport.

Sky's coverage had far too many presenters. At the Chinese Grand Prix they out numbered the crowds in the grandstands.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Sky's coverage had far too many presenters. At the Chinese Grand Prix they out numbered the crowds in the grandstands.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 pm 

As long as they keep Brundle, Davidson and Kravitz they can do what they like with the rest. Lazenby is useless and should've gone before Georgie. They really should have tempted Jake across with large wads of cash.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:18 pm 

Damn! Gonna miss those profile shots beside the touchscreen analysis! :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm 

Valen wrote:
Damn! Gonna miss those profile shots beside the touchscreen analysis! :thumbdown:

Me too.

Though she always came across in interviews like she had done the reading or was a fan. I thought she was quite good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:54 pm 

Valen wrote:

Don't worry Anthony Davidson is still there. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15 pm 

To replace her with Pinkham is a shocking move. She royally ballsed up the McLaren launch - very nervous and tripping over her words. The drama students at uni would have been embarrassed by that performance.

Georgie I thought did a decent job TBH - and her interview of Murray Walker was fantastic. Very respectful whilst asking really good questions. Poor move from Sky IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm 

Teddy007 wrote:

She was there to look pretty and nothing more.

Yes, but she also managed come across as knowing what she was talking about -- in an "I'm a serious and well-prepared professional, but never watched this nerd's sport before I got this job" kind of way. You got the feeling she's actually a wedding planner and just took this job to wait out the recession, but at least could do the job without embarrassing herself or Sky. I kept expecting her to stumble and sound clueless, but she never did.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Teddy007 wrote:
Balibari wrote:

If you're a fan, can you explain to her that pictures go into the pointy end of the camera? And viewers have to be beguiled by your charms to endure a ratio or 90% egotistical giggling moron to 10% presenter.

of Alice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:21 pm 

is this fact by the way ?

and she is getting REPLACED by Pinkman as a presenter ? WTF ?

that wont work. Plus there is a conveyor belt of 'talent' on Sky Sports News they could have tapped into.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm 

flyer wrote:
Teddy007 wrote:

She was there to look pretty and nothing more.

Yes, but she also managed come across as knowing what she was talking about -- in an "I'm a serious and well-prepared professional, but never watched this nerd's sport before I got this job" kind of way. You got the feeling she's actually a wedding planner and just took this job to wait out the recession, but at least could do the job without embarrassing herself or Sky. I kept expecting her to stumble and sound clueless, but she never did.

She rarely sounded clueless (that's Lazenby's job) but she was so inane. She was clearly asking questions that had been pre-scripted, often interrupting Ant to do so, with Ant's reaction often being "yes, so back to the interesting thing I was talking about..." That is not the mark of a good host.

She wasn't BAD in the vein of Legard or Lazenby but most people and some stationary objects would do a better job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:53 pm 

All sense and sensibility removed - she was mega hot.. It always made the Race Weekend that little bit more enjoyable..

..shame!

In my eyes, the whole team is great. Martin Brundle is a leg-end.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm 

So some amateur F1 journalist posts on his blog an unreferenced and unsubstantiated story that GT has been sacked. But I think we should wait and see. You never know she may have made the decision to leave the gig rather than been sacked. Even seasoned veteran F1 journos say that with half the season being now fly away races it is a major issue for the personal/family life now more than ever.

If true then it's quite sad because she actually did very well in her role and I was sceptical of her ability at the start and she amply proved naysayers wrong.