planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 pm 
Ashley, stop it now. If you have a problem take it to the feedback thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm 

Fat Albert wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Anyone can think about Helmut Marko's personality anything, but he was very good for his own team, he is a part of the success, part of three titles in row.
I find this probably the most irrational statement I've ever read on this boored

Does anyone, anywhere really believe that Red Bull F1 would have one single less point because of Helmut Marko's contribution?

Red Bull's success is down to Newey and his design team, Horner and his race team and Renault and their engine team. IMO anyone of a number of other top drivers would have similar or better results to Vettel, Marko's 'contribution', over the past four years

As for Danica, the lack of respect for her racing ability is risible, especially from people who would literally make a mess in their pants if they sat in a car travelling at 200mph on a 30 degree banking, 10cm from a concrete wall! The 'real men' she races against respect her, I have no idea why keyboard warriors do not! Just ask Raikonnen if NASCAR is so easy!

Everyone of the things were in place in 2008. Except for Vettel who really kicked off the juggernaut.
, Vettel is the real engine

So if Marko who spotted the talent of Vettel doesnt see talent in Danica , i tend to beleive him more

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:21 pm 

Quote:
As for Danica, the lack of respect for her racing ability is risible, especially from people who would literally make a mess in their pants if they sat in a car travelling at 200mph on a 30 degree banking, 10cm from a concrete wall! The 'real men' she races against respect her, I have no idea why keyboard warriors do not! Just ask Raikonnen if NASCAR is so easy!

I fully agree that she's a way better driver than I (and probably every one of the other keyboard warriors) will ever be. All the respect for her on that.

But respecting her is one thing, claiming she's F1 material is another. We have a general idea from her IndyCar days and, whilst we agree that IndyCar is not F1, the results didn't exactly show something like Cristiano da Matta or Helio CastroNeves material at least...so I'm still going with Helmut Marko on this one.

For the record, I saw the Daytona 500 and Danica was always in the top 10 (well, except the pit-stop shuffles but that don't count). So, again, just to be clear, respect, she's a good driver, but to get into F1 you usually need to be extra-good. Or just "good" but with huge amounts of cash in the pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm 

Well, as I said, this weekend would certainly test her. Qualified 40th out of 43. Ran most of the race in the mid 20s though and once she got a little more comfortable with the car she held her own. Staying on the lead lap at Phoenix is difficult and she did.

Tough break with the front tire blow out and it seems there have been quite a few this race so who knows what is up. It could be driver error or Goodyear producing subpar tires. Its happened before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... N50p45hPDM

She hit the wall very hard and lucky enough she hit the safer barrier.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 pm 

F1yer wrote:
Fat Albert wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Anyone can think about Helmut Marko's personality anything, but he was very good for his own team, he is a part of the success, part of three titles in row.
I find this probably the most irrational statement I've ever read on this boored

Does anyone, anywhere really believe that Red Bull F1 would have one single less point because of Helmut Marko's contribution?

Red Bull's success is down to Newey and his design team, Horner and his race team and Renault and their engine team. IMO anyone of a number of other top drivers would have similar or better results to Vettel, Marko's 'contribution', over the past four years

Everyone of the things were in place in 2008. Except for Vettel who really kicked off the juggernaut.
, Vettel is the real engine

So if Marko who spotted the talent of Vettel doesnt see talent in Danica , i tend to beleive him more

I don't want to take sides in whether RBR would have achieved the same thing without Marko (and I won't) but this is absurd. Vettel the real engine? How about the fact that because of the change in regulations the RB became the strongest car in 3 out of the 4 years and runner-up in the other. Seb was the real engine for that as well?