planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm 

Haribo wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Race2win wrote:
@Haribo: How can you say they weakened themselves when the season hasnt even started? If the car is reliable this year and has the speed of last year then, Jenson is more than enough to lead the team to victory. Perez too was good in the Sauber last year. What makes you think he wont be good in the Mclaren?

Both Button & Perez can win the title in a good enough/ perfect car. But look at last season, Button was lost at sea , when the car was tricky to drive
Who says it won't happen again?

Button found it hard drive because of the setup issues he was having, nothing to do with the car being a handful, also it's worth pointing out that Jenson never had long lasting setup problems like that before so the likelihood of that happening again are very slim, also McLaren would've put procedures in place to stop this sort of thing happening again.

It can easily happen again, some update wich is tricky to drive etc

If the updates are tricky to handle they won't go on the car, remember the 2010 blown diffuser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
Haribo wrote:
dave_the_fish wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Race2win wrote:
@Haribo: How can you say they weakened themselves when the season hasnt even started? If the car is reliable this year and has the speed of last year then, Jenson is more than enough to lead the team to victory. Perez too was good in the Sauber last year. What makes you think he wont be good in the Mclaren?

Both Button & Perez can win the title in a good enough/ perfect car. But look at last season, Button was lost at sea , when the car was tricky to drive
Who says it won't happen again?

Button found it hard drive because of the setup issues he was having, nothing to do with the car being a handful, also it's worth pointing out that Jenson never had long lasting setup problems like that before so the likelihood of that happening again are very slim, also McLaren would've put procedures in place to stop this sort of thing happening again.

It can easily happen again, some update wich is tricky to drive etc

If the updates are tricky to handle they won't go on the car, remember the 2010 blown diffuser

Wich makes teams fall behind in the development race.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:30 pm 

Haribo wrote:

Bringing parts that don't work is what makes teams fall behind in the development race.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:32 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:

Bringing parts that don't work is what makes teams fall behind in the development race.

Maybe they work but some fussy driver is not comfortable with it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm 

Why is it Hamilton is downplaying his title chances for this year whilst Rosberg is expecting a lot. I've got two theories, Mercedes are either trying to confuse the opposition by having one driver loving the car and the other disliking the car, so other teams don't really know if the Mercedes is good or not. The other theory, which seems more realistic, is that Hamilton's last car was very quick and anything less than that is a bad car in his eyes, whilst Rosberg's last car was average, thereabouts, and the 2013 car is better than the 2012 car. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 pm 

DisaterX47 wrote:
Why is it Hamilton is downplaying his title chances for this year whilst Rosberg is expecting a lot. I've got two theories, Mercedes are either trying to confuse the opposition by having one driver loving the car and the other disliking the car, so other teams don't really know if the Mercedes is good or not. The other theory, which seems more realistic, is that Hamilton's last car was very quick and anything less than that is a bad car in his eyes, whilst Rosberg's last car was average, thereabouts, and the 2013 car is better than the 2012 car. What do you guys think?

Hamilton is also always a bit more reserved about his& teams chances in the races. Even at times he had the fastest car 2012, he doubted they can beat RedBull

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:

Maybe they work but some fussy driver is not comfortable with it

Well as seen as this started with the EBD . If you remember the driver that was happy with it also kept going off track due to it being so hard to drive. Hence why Macca decided to can it until it was ready.

would you rather a driver being fussy or one willing to go off just to get playing with a new toy?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:23 pm 

The more track time you get with a new toy the faster you learn it. That's probably why said driver wanted to keep it on. McLaren vetoed it and said no, we'll learn about it in the tunnel instead over a longer period of time. Who knows if they could have got it hooked up quicker now.

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:28 pm 

Yes but as Macca said themselves it wasn't ready. The Test drivers pulled an all nighter in the sim with the new data to get it sorted and they couldn't hence why it was binned.

If a part isn't ready it isn't ready regardless of the driver. They tried it for two FPs and didn't get it sorted Keeping it on the car for one more FP session before Quali after all the Sim work in the hope they might get it working is obviously a gamble McLaren weren't willing to take.

Obviously McLaren rather the cars finished the race than ending up in the gravel.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:52 pm 

DisaterX47 wrote:

I agree with your second statement. It's all about expectations and perspective. Hamilton used to drive state of the art cars (with exception to 2009 maybe) rather than Rosberg driving wild pigs. So of course even if Mercedes' made a huge step forward, that step probably won't be near to the level of MP4-27, while on the other hand, Rosberg will feel even the tiny advancements comparing to W03 and W02. I think W01 was the best of the rest or it was at least better than Renault at that time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 am 

DisaterX47 wrote:

Your second theory is a perfect explanation. The drivers have different bases to compare.
Teams cannot control every interview, or what drivers say casually, so different views will be publicised. I don't think either LH or NR are trying to play games.