planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

Daytona 500 Race Thread
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6220
Page 4 of 4

Author:  rife_hypocricy [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

OutKast wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
G, W, C!


Shhhhh... You've been jinxing stuff all race Rife!


me, what about toyota jinxer?

:D

Author:  Blake [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

HERE WE GO!!!!

Author:  Blake [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

JR hung Patrick out to dry when he made his move.... cost her a lot when she couldn't go with him

Author:  Blake [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

ole 5-time pulled it off... nice job by him and his team.

Author:  rife_hypocricy [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

JJ!

Author:  OutKast [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

You know who else is going to freight train her?

I'm sorry, I had to do it.

Author:  daytona81 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Blake wrote:
JR hung Patrick out to dry when he made his move.... cost her a lot when she couldn't go with him


How do you hang a driver out to dry that your not working with on the last lap? Is that what passing has become?

Author:  nike2die4 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

get in there Jimmie...that's how you kick your season off,it's gonna be a good year this year. :D

Author:  Blake [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

daytona81 wrote:
Blake wrote:
JR hung Patrick out to dry when he made his move.... cost her a lot when she couldn't go with him


How do you hang a driver out to dry that your not working with on the last lap? Is that what passing has become?


I meant that once he went and she could not go with him, she was "done". In retrospect Biffle and Patrick should have gone as soon as Jr. made his move... easy to say now.

Author:  nike2die4 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Blake wrote:
daytona81 wrote:
Blake wrote:
JR hung Patrick out to dry when he made his move.... cost her a lot when she couldn't go with him


How do you hang a driver out to dry that your not working with on the last lap? Is that what passing has become?


I meant that once he went and she could not go with him, she was "done". In retrospect Biffle and Patrick should have gone as soon as Jr. made his move... easy to say now.

they should have done with Jimmie was doing,placing his car in the middle making it even harder to work the inside lane.

Author:  Blake [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

They were with Jimmie most of the way, but that run that Jr got on them, I think caught them by surprise, and by then it was too late to respond. Had they made the move instead of Jr, who knows how things would have ended... could have been even more interesting.
:)

Author:  Laura23 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Given how little experience Danica has at this level of NASCAR and the pressure she was under 8th really is a fantastic effort. Someone on this thread said Top 10 would be major for her. She did it. She proved she can race with the big boys and hold her own and who knows, she may win a big race yet.

Author:  nike2die4 [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

she was in the top 3 all race long,very impressive race by her today.

Author:  benmc [ Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

rife_hypocricy wrote:
OutKast wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
G, W, C!


Shhhhh... You've been jinxing stuff all race Rife!


me, what about toyota jinxer?

:D


My prediction is that Vettel will win more than 10 races this year and wrap up the title with four races to spare....

:twisted:

Biffle was kind of trapped at the finish really. Dale Jr got the really big run because he hung back from Danica, so he got a really good draft. But as most people predicted, the leader was just too hard to pass.

Dale Jr. would have the same reputation as his dad if he hadn't won the race earlier in his career. He's finished second three of the last four years.

Props to Danica btw, great race for her :thumbup:

Author:  daytona81 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Blake wrote:
daytona81 wrote:
Blake wrote:
JR hung Patrick out to dry when he made his move.... cost her a lot when she couldn't go with him


How do you hang a driver out to dry that your not working with on the last lap? Is that what passing has become?


I meant that once he went and she could not go with him, she was "done". In retrospect Biffle and Patrick should have gone as soon as Jr. made his move... easy to say now.


Biffle said that once jr got the run he knew he shouldn't make the move to follow knowing that a wreck would have ensued as fast as jr was coming. Patrick said she saw it laying back in 1-2 knowing he would get a big run down the back straight and always knew it wouldn't be a good idea to get in front.

Author:  daytona81 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

benmc wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
OutKast wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
G, W, C!


Shhhhh... You've been jinxing stuff all race Rife!


me, what about toyota jinxer?

:D


My prediction is that Vettel will win more than 10 races this year and wrap up the title with four races to spare....

:twisted:

Biffle was kind of trapped at the finish really. Dale Jr got the really big run because he hung back from Danica, so he got a really good draft. But as most people predicted, the leader was just too hard to pass.

Dale Jr. would have the same reputation as his dad if he hadn't won the race earlier in his career. He's finished second three of the last four years.

Props to Danica btw, great race for her :thumbup:


2nd four of the last 6 I believe.

Author:  daytona81 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Laura23 wrote:
Given how little experience Danica has at this level of NASCAR and the pressure she was under 8th really is a fantastic effort. Someone on this thread said Top 10 would be major for her. She did it. She proved she can race with the big boys and hold her own and who knows, she may win a big race yet.


I won't hold my breath. Look at some of the drivers who have won restricted plate races but can't win anywhere else. Plate racing is nearly a crap shot. Michael waltrip only won plate races in his career, David Regan in a Roush car won one but could hit his own donkey anywhere else. Trevor bayne won the 500 and hasn't done anything since, Brian vickers. 3-4 teams today who barely made the field finished top ten where normally they would be parked or crashed before the race is over. All I'm saying is wait until what everyone (drivers, commentators, fans, etc) calls the "real season" starts in Phoenix next week.

Author:  Cozz [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Well it was my first time watching one of these and I liked it. I guess it was like watching F1 in the rain, you don't know what's gonna happen next. I really like the fact there's a woman in there and it's the only reason why I watched. I'm sure the ratings were very high because of her. It got people to watch a sport they would never have otherwise. I'm impressed overall, F1 can learn a lot such as camera angles and how close they get to each other. I'll be watching next week if she's in it.

Author:  daytona81 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Cozz wrote:
Well it was my first time watching one of these and I liked it. I guess it was like watching F1 in the rain, you don't know what's gonna happen next. I really like the fact there's a woman in there and it's the only reason why I watched. I'm sure the ratings were very high because of her. It got people to watch a sport they would never have otherwise. I'm impressed overall, F1 can learn a lot such as camera angles and how close they get to each other. I'll be watching next week if she's in it.


She'll be racing the full season for SHR (Stewart Haas Racing). Don't let the boric races scare you away because about half the schedule will be boring.

Author:  Blake [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Half the races may be boring to you, Daytona, not necessarily everyone else. Don't automatically assume that everyone else will see it the same as you do.

Author:  daytona81 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Blake wrote:
Half the races may be boring to you, Daytona, not necessarily everyone else. Don't automatically assume that everyone else will see it the same as you do.


Calm down, its just my opinion and im sure Cozz understands that. no facts there.

Author:  pg55555 [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

.

( This may sound a little rude, but it is serious. )

Oval NASCAR racing does remind me of bike racing in a velodrone. Maybe the races could be re-styled after the "kirin" or more enjoyably the "omni".

.

Author:  Maky [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

I missed this but want to watch the other ones...which are the biggest oval races ? and where might I find more info on this kind of racing ?

Author:  flyer [ Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Daytona 500 Race Thread

Blake wrote:
flyer wrote:
... engines start at 1pm Eastern (GMT-5)

If Patrick is still in the lead after the first lap, she deserves an F1 test.

Otherwise, she's just proving Marko right.


??? Seriously???

I assume you are kidding


Pretty much, not really serious. She did OK though, eh? And it was probably better that she didn't stay 3rd and got owned by the big boys right at the end but still managed to stay top-10. This way it's a confidence builder but not too confident. Maybe the best thing for her season.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/