planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm 

Voices inside his head lol that's what I was thinking!

Mine tell me to do things but I ignore them!

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:20 pm 

That can't be happening[/quote]
I really don't care what you think, I heared what I heared[/quote][/quote]
I once heard that Lewis batters baby seals to death for fun! Must be true i heard it on the grapevine. There is a big problem with grapevine talk no way to disproof it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm 

dave_the_fish wrote:
That can't be happening

I really don't care what you think, I heared what I heared[/quote][/quote]
I once heard that Lewis batters baby seals to death for fun! Must be true i heard it on the grapevine. There is a big problem with grapevine talk no way to disproof it[/quote]

Really? I hadn't heard that rumour! But now I have... So does that make it tue??

Oh the paradox!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 pm 
Guys maybe be a bit more friendly...

Haribo you really have to provide a source for your claims or they will get rubbished. The "grapevine" doesn't count as a source I'm afraid.

Mod Blue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:42 pm 

Mod_Blue wrote:

Haribo you really have to provide a source for your claims or they will get rubbished. The "grapevine" doesn't count as a source I'm afraid.

Mod Blue.

No worries Mod Blue, glad that sources are needed!

I guess we were reported for being nasty little boys but should we report unsubstantiated rumours?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 pm 

Mod_Blue wrote:

Mod Blue.

So, but calling someone having voices in his head is oK?
They suggest i'm schizophrenic, wich is a serious illness, and nothing to make jokes about!
Where is the rule that rumors have to have a named source?
Where is it said that every source has to be named?
Maybe we should wait and see what will be revealed, before calling someone crazy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:46 pm 
SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Mod_Blue wrote:

Mod Blue.

I guess we were reported for being nasty little boys but should we report unsubstantiated rumours?

You probably don't need to report them, we'll generally notice those kinds of things quite quickly. If someone starts a thread with an unsubstantiated rumour then we usually lock it if the can't provide a source but we can't do much about an individual post in a thread.

As for your other question, no we didn't receive any reports but we did feel it was toeing the line just a tad! We have to be fair. :)

Mod Blue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm 

Mod_Blue wrote:
Mod_Blue wrote:

Mod Blue.

You probably don't need to report them, we'll generally notice those kinds of things quite quickly. If someone starts a thread with an unsubstantiated rumour then we usually lock it if the can't provide a source but we can't do much about an individual post in a thread.

As for your other question, no we didn't receive any reports but we did feel it was toeing the line just a tad! We have to be fair. :)

Mod Blue.

Sorry I guess we were sailing close to the wind

Good luck in the future but I heard a rumour that you always get your guy just like a Canadian Mounty!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm 
Haribo wrote:
Mod_Blue wrote:

Mod Blue.

They suggest i'm schizophrenic, wich is a serious illness, and nothing to make jokes about!
Maybe we should wait and see what will be revealed, before calling someone crazy!

There is no general rule for sources Haribo. But without them you can't expect the whole forum to believe your word on it. Simple as that.

Like I said to SilverstoneRegular if someone starts an entire thread based on an unsubstantiated rumour then we will likely lock if it no source is provided simply because we know where it will head.

No one called you a schizophrenic. We have sent out a friendly warning to said posters that it was toeing the line. We have been fair to both parties here.

If you have anymore problems please take this to the Mod Feedback thread or PM me because we can't have this thread wandering any more off topic. Thank you.

Mod Blue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm 

Mod_Blue wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Mod_Blue wrote:

Mod Blue.

There is no general rule for sources Haribo. But without them you can't expect the whole forum to believe your word on it. Simple as that.

Like I said to SilverstoneRegular if someone starts an entire thread based on an unsubstantiated rumour then we will likely lock if it no source is provided simply because we know where it will head.

No one called you a schizophrenic. We have sent out a friendly warning to said posters that it was toeing the line. We have been fair to both parties here.

If you have anymore problems please take this to the Mod Feedback thread or PM me because we can't have this thread wandering any more off topic. Thank you.

Mod Blue.

I will

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm 

If Lowe is put on a "gardening leave" wouldn't it be beneficial for all parties (Lowe - doing nothing 12 months, McLaren - getting him off their payroll, Merc - working for them) if they reach an agreement for cancelling the contract on mutual consent?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:00 am 

VDV23 wrote:
If Lowe is put on a "gardening leave" wouldn't it be beneficial for all parties (Lowe - doing nothing 12 months, McLaren - getting him off their payroll, Merc - working for them) if they reach an agreement for cancelling the contract on mutual consent?

No because he has intimate knowledge of this years McLaren and would benefit Mercedes immensely!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 am 

The move is only positive. If Lowe wasn't any good, McLaren wouldn't have promoted him, and Merc wouldn't have tried to scoop him. Good pickup for them. Hopefully it bodes well for next year's car. PEACE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm 

Pimpwerx wrote:
The move is only positive. If Lowe wasn't any good, McLaren wouldn't have promoted him, and Merc wouldn't have tried to scoop him. Good pickup for them. Hopefully it bodes well for next year's car. PEACE.

Agree. Lauda may yet succeed, and Hamilton may prove the critics wrong.

Remember all the critics when Button left Brawn for McLaren "Oh he'll be slaughtered."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Whilst on Gardening leave he is still contracted to McLaren and not allowed to moonlight as it were. Breach of contract is breach of contract.

Does gardening leave mean he is still under contract and paid by McLaren, or is it simply part of a non-compete clause? I assumed it was the latter, where he is no longer employed by McLaren. The clause, which would have been part of his McLaren contract, kicks in when he leaves company employ and allows him to work in any job he likes, as long as it does not directly compete with McLaren. It doesn't stop him from being an Engineer, Designer or Manager, but just stops him from being one of those things in the same business (Formula 1) as McLaren, for the length of the non-compete clause.

Such clauses are fairly common in many Technical Industries in the US at least.

I bet he is still on McLaren payroll. McLaren must fulfill their contract with Paddy Lowe too.

OK, so it really isn't 'gardening leave' at all, then. Just reassignment pending the end of his contract.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 pm 

Seems like Mercedes have lost patience with Brawn and the feed back of this years car was the straw that broke the camels back. As for McLaren thinking that Lowe will live in a bubble (allbeit a horticulrural one) is at best naive. Somewhere along the year there will be a discreet arrangement made, the plus side for mclaren being better terms for the 2014 Merc engine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm 

Thinking about it, if his talking to Merc is anything more than informal before his contract is up with Macca i.e. if he goes telling Merc Maccas secrets. With the new licensing thing for F1 Personnel I think if Macca push it they can have the FIA strip him of his licence.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Thinking about it, if his talking to Merc is anything more than informal before his contract is up with Macca i.e. if he goes telling Merc Maccas secrets. With the new licensing thing for F1 Personnel I think if Macca push it they can have the FIA strip him of his licence.

I can just imagine the phone call between Martin Whitmarsh and Mercedes if that happened

MW "Hi, just ringing to see if our engines are ready - oh and sorry about the whole stripping Paddy of his licence thing"

MW "Oh they're ready? Great, can we collect them"

MW "What you mean they've been ready for the last three months and sitting on a pallet outside in the rain...."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm 

Then Merc would be in breach of contract as that deal is signed and sealed.

Then again Macca might just have something else lined up ;)

Remember Paddy talking to Merc before his contract up isn't much different to Stepney talking to Macca in '07 I'm sure Merc are the last people that want involved in that fairy cakes again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:13 pm 

Paddy leave for Mercedes but it will nice to see if Brawn join McLaren in return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm 

Laster wrote:
Paddy leave for Mercedes but it will nice to see if Brawn join McLaren in return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Mr Brawn, welcome to Mclaren and here's your new desk. I asked Mercedes about whether they'll insist on a years garden leave, the chap on the other end laughed and said it wouldnt be necessary.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm 

I just can't see discreet telephone calls and even email being well policed.

Anyone could share such info without being traceable.... I know McLaren fell foul in '07, but really not hard to avoid being caught surely??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 pm 

Anyone could share such info without being traceable.... I know McLaren fell foul in '07, but really not hard to avoid being caught surely??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm 

SILVAF0XX wrote:

Do you think Merc would want to be caught?

One of the reasons they split from McLaren was over '07. another spying scandel would not go down well in Stuttgart.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm 

Perhaps Ross wants to retire ? Other projects perhaps. all that traveling is not good for family life.

He's got a big bag of cash perhaps he just wants to walk away at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm 

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/2 ... PD20130226

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm 

Johnston wrote:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/26/uk-motor-racing-mclaren-idUKBRE91P0PD20130226

It's about to hit the fan with some bashers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm 

Johnston wrote:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/26/uk-motor-racing-mclaren-idUKBRE91P0PD20130226

"I'd be disappointed if Paddy Lowe moved from the team because that's the guy who's going to help me achieve in the future."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 pm 
Be warned we are watching this thread very closely... Please don't start baiting one another.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

"I'd be disappointed if Paddy Lowe moved from the team because that's the guy who's going to help me achieve in the future."

Well obviously not ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm 

He would be disappointed.. We yes that's a true statement

He didn't say he needed Lowe to stay or he'd have no chance in winning in the future

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:11 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Well obviously not ;)

His own words, but why should someone believe it?
whatever losing Lowe is a huge blow to mcLaren however they want to twist it in the media

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

What is Jenson supoosed to say? Would you honestly expect him to make some sort of admission to the media that McLaren is f***ed without Paddy?

I read nothing but praise for Paddy in that article and we all know F1 well enough to understand that any driver would never let on that the team he is employed by is weaker in some fashion with the departure of a member of staff. Whether or not that will be the case is anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm 

Dam_Noir wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

What is Jenson supoosed to say? Would you honestly expect him to make some sort of admission to the media that McLaren is f***ed without Paddy?

I read nothing but praise for Paddy in that article and we all know F1 well enough to understand that any driver would never let on that the team he is employed by is weaker in some fashion with the departure of a member of staff. Whether or not that will be the case is anyone's guess.

First he says he is not worried Lewis left, it would be worse Lowe left ( there my quote comes from)
Now Lowe leaves, but he talks now, like it does not matter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

First he says he is not worried Lewis left, it would be worse Lowe left ( there my quote comes from)

He never said it doesn't matter, he talked about how great paddy is as a man and a coworker!

But he also says about McLaren having strength in depth

Like it or not McLaren existed before Lowe and Lewis and were bloody successful!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm 

Haribo have you never heard of "toeing the company line" Every driver does it. Thats why you should never take anything any one in F1 says at face value.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:01 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

He never said it doesn't matter, he talked about how great paddy is as a man and a coworker!

But he also says about McLaren having strength in depth

Like it or not McLaren existed before Lowe and Lewis and were bloody successful!

He said he would be dissappointed if Lowe leaves, because that's the guy who's going to help me achieve in the future."
So suddenly it does not matter, when he really leaves

Button contradicts himself

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 pm 

Haribo

Where does it he say it doesn't matter?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Haribo have you never heard of "toeing the company line" Every driver does it. Thats why you should never take anything any one in F1 says at face value.

Does it only count for Button?
You can very well toe the company line and say nothing
but with his former statement about Lowe it's a bit akward

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Does it only count for Button?
You can very well toe the company line and say nothing
but with his former statement about Lowe it's a bit akward

You do realise Button had a day with the media today?