planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Ontario, Canada
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2909 ... ard-funds/

The reason for Luiz Razia’s on-track absence at the Circuit de Catalunya last week has come to the fore, with the Marussia driver admitting that funding from at least one of his sponsors was not submitted to the Banbury-based outfit ahead of the gathering.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:41 pm
Posts: 482
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Wonder what will happen if the sponsors fail to deliver - will Razia get sacked just like Glock? will we see Khartikeyan back? Marussia seems to be full of surprises recently.

...and I didn't know pay drivers had to pay even for testing days. If they signed him, the least they could have done is at least give him one day of testing...as a commercial gesture, if not anything else (such as: allowing your confirmed driver understand what the heck he'll be driving this year)...Then again, money is money, but this kind of work ethics reminds me of the "money up front" rule used by a certain group of ladies' professionals.


...so, yay for respecting contract rules, booo for being money pinching *****

_________________
Olivier Panis fan.
...and also Jenson Button fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm
Posts: 133
would be a steeping stone for ja if he realy thinks he's got what is takes in f1 plus he knows the tyres


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm
Posts: 133
..so, yay for respecting contract rules, booo for being money pinching *****[/quote]

that will be writing in that if it dont pay up your out the team wants to protect its donkey


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 1130
ATM2 wrote:
Wonder what will happen if the sponsors fail to deliver - will Razia get sacked just like Glock? will we see Khartikeyan back? Marussia seems to be full of surprises recently.

...and I didn't know pay drivers had to pay even for testing days. If they signed him, the least they could have done is at least give him one day of testing...as a commercial gesture, if not anything else (such as: allowing your confirmed driver understand what the heck he'll be driving this year)...Then again, money is money, but this kind of work ethics reminds me of the "money up front" rule used by a certain group of ladies' professionals.


...so, yay for respecting contract rules, booo for being money pinching *****


Pretty sure he'll get sacked.

That's what I was thinking. Whether the funds are delayed or not at this moment it looks like Razia will be driving for them, give him an idea what he'll be driving. Unless Marussia have very strong indications the money won't arrive and see no point of giving him a run because he won't be in their team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 pm
Posts: 133
its a shame as its most likely to late for gp2 seat but then if some pay comes in may be like hrt and they do half each lets face it more cash they wont turn it down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 2637
Location: Round the Bend
If this means a seat for Timo, I'm all for it!

So how long 'til he gets the call?

_________________

WORLD
Image
CHAMPIONS
Once More


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
I'll be disappointed if Razia doesn't get the drive, but that's just the nature of the sport right now I guess...

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am
Posts: 2234
Location: Perth, Australia
Narain to replace him?! :nod: :nod: :nod:

_________________
Image
I also have one of these.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:29 am
Posts: 82
Location: New Delhi, India
Toby. wrote:
Narain to replace him?! :nod: :nod: :nod:


Oh god, please, please, please let the cucumber get the seat. I'll never ask for anything again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 am
Posts: 136
Location: Poland
So as usual, no money = no drive. Why I am not surprised :-? ?

_________________
No pain, no gain!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:53 am
Posts: 186
Latest rumors going around is that Bianchi replacing Razia as Sutil confirmed at FI.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 350
Guia wrote:
If this means a seat for Timo, I'm all for it!

So how long 'til he gets the call?

Timo? As in Glock?
He's already confirmed for BMW's DTM squad. He won't be back in F1, certainly not this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 350
robins13 wrote:
Latest rumors going around is that Bianchi replacing Razia as Sutil confirmed at FI.

Would make sense for Ferrari to put Bianchi somewhere (anywhere) and for Marussia as maybe this will help them get Ferrari engines next year.
As STR, and potentially Sauber, are looking to drop Italian horsepower for 2014, maybe Marussia can sneak in there and get a deal?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 am
Posts: 379
Location: 127.0.0.1
BlueSharky wrote:
Toby. wrote:
Narain to replace him?! :nod: :nod: :nod:


Oh god, please, please, please let the cucumber get the seat. I'll never ask for anything again.

Let the cucumber get it lols.. : P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 7488
Guia wrote:
If this means a seat for Timo, I'm all for it!

So how long 'til he gets the call?

Glock's signed up for BMW now

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 1st


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Belgium
They should either sign Bianchi or Valsecchi.

_________________
F1 fan since 1989
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:35 pm
Posts: 924
This is quite disappointing. I would really have liked to see Chilton and Razia go against one another this year. I mean it really a truly is disappointing to have someone who has been waiting for this opportunity to have it already taken away from him without even participating in one race. Quite sad I will say because now Razia will be out of any of the other series...

I wish the man luck, but for people such as Bianchi, Valsecchi, or even Petrov... They better get the money in quick.

_________________
Felipe Massa fan/supporter since 2002 and counting!

We ALL love you Schumi! Don't ever give up!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:05 pm
Posts: 56
Listed to be driving in the second test on the CdC website - http://www.circuitcat.com/documentos/noticias/__Driversline-upMarch.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:00 pm
Posts: 172
Location: DFW, Texas
robins13 wrote:
Latest rumors going around is that Bianchi replacing Razia as Sutil confirmed at FI.


That's something I've been kicking around in my head the last few weeks when it became pretty obvious that Force India intended to pass over Bianchi & Ferrari to show loyalty (misplaced IMO) to its convicted former driver. (I know its probably considered wrong to hold that against an athlete/sports figure, as skill & talent makes convictions forgivable, while holding it against them isn't acceptable. But I personally will not look the other way because its the sporting thing to do.)

If Marussia got Bianchi and a Ferrari engine deal, it would be the real winner IMO in all this Razia sponsors/FI seating filling/Bianchi mess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm
Posts: 18
So got to hear a rumor about the last spot.
Ridel who fits the radios for almost all the teams apparently prepared a radio for Heikki Kovalainen in one of the Marussia cars.
So seems like Heikki is getting the other seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Posts: 1736
Maybe Marussia could do worse than to take Kobayashi's millions? I know Ferrari have him all signed up for sports car racing but it might be worth a knock on the door.

Failing that, what's Valsecchi like for sponsorship? He did win GP2, they could do worse than hire him. Just please God don't let Narain back in.

_________________
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Helsinki, Finland
This whole pay driver thing is getting way too ridiculous. I don't even care anymore who they'll sign.

_________________
"I am out of the drink again. It's so small. Mark has to make sure it's completely full, because it is too small."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 350
zOlid wrote:
So got to hear a rumor about the last spot.
Ridel who fits the radios for almost all the teams apparently prepared a radio for Heikki Kovalainen in one of the Marussia cars.
So seems like Heikki is getting the other seat.

Kovalainen brings no money and Marussia have already said they'd not last the season without a heavily backed driver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm
Posts: 18
Lentulus wrote:
zOlid wrote:
So got to hear a rumor about the last spot.
Ridel who fits the radios for almost all the teams apparently prepared a radio for Heikki Kovalainen in one of the Marussia cars.
So seems like Heikki is getting the other seat.

Kovalainen brings no money and Marussia have already said they'd not last the season without a heavily backed driver.


Well more and more reports are comming in tha Heikki are in talks with marussia.
So looks like i was right and your wrong :)
Its not announced yet and they go with some one else but its leaning at Heikki


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm
Posts: 605
Guia wrote:
If this means a seat for Timo, I'm all for it!

So how long 'til he gets the call?


Timo will be racing in DTM this year

Rumored that Heikki might be driving for marussia. He was reported doing a seat fitting etc in marussia.

But then marussia would have to pay heikki... just like how Marussia used to pay Timo

So basically Timo gave up his seat for nothing.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7710
Location: London
He's gone,

https://twitter.com/marussia_f1team/sta ... 9421969409

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm
Posts: 225
Lucky Bianchi )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 1992
Location: Belgium
This means we don't have the GP2 champ or runner-up racing in F1. We do have the guys finishing 3th, 4th and 6th :blush:
It seems it's all about connections and sponsorship lately.

_________________
F1 fan since 1989
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 350
zOlid wrote:
Lentulus wrote:
zOlid wrote:
So got to hear a rumor about the last spot.
Ridel who fits the radios for almost all the teams apparently prepared a radio for Heikki Kovalainen in one of the Marussia cars.
So seems like Heikki is getting the other seat.

Kovalainen brings no money and Marussia have already said they'd not last the season without a heavily backed driver.


Well more and more reports are comming in tha Heikki are in talks with marussia.
So looks like i was right and your wrong :)
Its not announced yet and they go with some one else but its leaning at Heikki

Looks like who was right and who was wrong there? :)

Glad Bianchi got it over Heikki as the Finn has never really impressed during his time in F1.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chunky, Clarky, emp., JohnnyGuitar, Mr-E, nixxxon, Pest44, ryan2032, shoot999, TakumaSatoforthewin and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group