planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Wages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 170
Firstly I will say sorry if the is a daft question.

How much will a current f1 team wage bill be a year?

Difference between someone like back maker team to someone like merc/redbull?

Does anyone have any ideas?

_________________
I love F1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 633
Location: England
According to this article from 2011, Ferrari were the biggest spenders and HRT the smallest spenders.


Ferrari - $295mill
HRT - $50mill


http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/04/29/ferra ... formula-1/

_________________
Guess the Pole Position time/driver 2013!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 1622
Location: Secret Volcano Lair
The teams dont reveal their figures openly. So all that you see on websites are unofficial figures and cant really be trusted. Also with the resource restriction in force, which the teams are apparently policing themselves, they are even more secretive about their spending.

_________________
Loading Quote.......
--------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 633
Location: England
Actually, English based F1 teams are required to file their yearly accounts at the London company house. So we do have some insight into what they actually spend.

Here are some from 2011:

Red Bull Racing - 207 million euros
Mercedes - 145 million euros
Lotus - 155 million euros.
Williams - 111 million euros.

_________________
Guess the Pole Position time/driver 2013!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 pm
Posts: 170
Thank you for every ones input. Gives me some idea now.

_________________
I love F1.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 1118
But spending for the champions always is higher due to the bonuses. So you have to take that into account.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 2976
bourbon19 wrote:
But spending for the champions always is higher due to the bonuses. So you have to take that into account.


Yeah, given Red Bull apparently given EVERYONE at their base a £10k bonus (or perhaps equivalent in Euros, I forget) which could really add up. For an senior person on £60k a year it is over 15%, for a tea lady (or tea-man) or receptionist on a lot less it could effectively double their wage if not more. Actually, would be interesting to know what the wage structure at Red Bull was.


Moore wrote:
Actually, English based F1 teams are required to file their yearly accounts at the London company house. So we do have some insight into what they actually spend.

Here are some from 2011:

Red Bull Racing - 207 million euros
Mercedes - 145 million euros
Lotus - 155 million euros.
Williams - 111 million euros.


I'd guess McLaren were about 200 million or so, putting them either top or second in the UK league. Be interesting to know and compare these too.

Oh, I assume the driver wages come under these brackets? Or is this for non-driver personel only? I could imagine a good argument being made for either way of showing the figures.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 2630
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
McLaren have long been renowned as the best paying team. Don't know if it's true or not, unfortunately, but that's the word in the paddock.

The Great Place to Work Institute (seriously - it's real) have awarded Ferrari the prize of being best place to work in Europe on more than one occasion. I think they've just won it again. Obviously that includes the road car factory and doesn't mean they get paid brilliantly, just thought it might be relevant.

_________________
I went skating on your name,
And by tracing it twice,
I fell through the ice,
of Alice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wages
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 633
Location: England
mac_d wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
But spending for the champions always is higher due to the bonuses. So you have to take that into account.


Yeah, given Red Bull apparently given EVERYONE at their base a £10k bonus (or perhaps equivalent in Euros, I forget) which could really add up. For an senior person on £60k a year it is over 15%, for a tea lady (or tea-man) or receptionist on a lot less it could effectively double their wage if not more. Actually, would be interesting to know what the wage structure at Red Bull was.


Moore wrote:
Actually, English based F1 teams are required to file their yearly accounts at the London company house. So we do have some insight into what they actually spend.

Here are some from 2011:

Red Bull Racing - 207 million euros
Mercedes - 145 million euros
Lotus - 155 million euros.
Williams - 111 million euros.


I'd guess McLaren were about 200 million or so, putting them either top or second in the UK league. Be interesting to know and compare these too.

Oh, I assume the driver wages come under these brackets? Or is this for non-driver personel only? I could imagine a good argument being made for either way of showing the figures.


I believe the figures include drivers wages as well. Mclaren have released there account for the same year but you have to request the documents and pay £1 for them.

_________________
Guess the Pole Position time/driver 2013!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngusWolfe, Azi, Bing [Bot], Classic, drallim, ReservoirDog, Schumacher forever#1, shoot999 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group