All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:50 am 

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Donington93 wrote:
Alonso - 2007 Blackmail.

That was probably one of the worst things on the "human level" to come out of all that. I've never supported Alonso, originally because he won the WDC almost by default in 2005 (although hindsight has shown him to be the more talented driver and full deserving) with Kimi breaking down in the lead every other race. However, I appreciate the sport needs heroes and villians and personalities so I am glad he is in the sport.

The only driver I have ever only truely disliked is summed up by this picture. Largely that was born out of me being a teenager and huge Damon Hill fan. I even warmed to him slightly by 2006 and the comeback due to his contribution to the sport we love.

Look how far Damon is off the racing line though :o

I hope you are joking!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am 

Used to be Schumacher - that picture above was the first F1 race I ever watched, so go figure. Mellowed to him massively second time round though. Always had an unsubstantiated dislike of Pedro Diniz too, absolutely no reason for it, just didn't like him.

Vettel rubs me up the wrong way sometimes too, though I guess he reminds me a lot of Schumacher in his pomp - I thought he was smug too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Probably van der Garde and di Resta. The former on the basis of his talent (not having enough to justify his place in F1) and the latter based on how he comes across in basically every interview. Not a huge Hamilton fan, either, but I can at least appreciate his immense talent.

That's what I said last year, and now van der Garde and di Resta are both off the grid. So my least favourite driver is probably Max Chilton. He's slow, he's got an incredibly bland personality, and he's only on the grid because of his dad's money. Plus the way he and his little entourage (for want of a better word) talk up the fact that he's finished every race, as if it's some kind of serious achievement when, more often than not, he's plum last amongst those who actually finish, just really grates on me. Maldonado is a close second, but at least he's shown some talent, both prior to and since his arrival in F1.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:09 pm 

Maldonado for consistently ruining other peoples races, and obviously annoying their respective fans.
J Villeneuve for having the easiest title 97, and thinking he was actual world championship material.
Hamilton for his rap star attitude, and always being in a top team.(never had to prove himself in a mediocre team).
Montoya for over promising, and failing to deliver.( will never forget his tennis/motorcycle incident)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:35 pm 

Maldonado - Deliberately dangerous and usually blames the guys he crashes into. He has no business being near F1 machinery. Happily blows through money that might better be used to alleviate the plight of his country. He of course thinks all is swell I'm sure.

Sutil - I cannot believe this jerkoff is still on the grid. Stabs Eric Lux, refuses to apologize, take any responsibility, or make amends to put the matter in the past and then blames Hamilton for not wanting to get involved. Absolutely no class or character. Completely average driver if that.

Bernie - He was a former driver so I guess he counts. Corrupt, senile dickhead who cares for nothing save for Red Bull, Ferrari, and CVC.

Luca di Montezemolo - Not a driver but if we're bashing F1 figures, talk about someone who's always pointing fingers at everyone but himself. The buck never stops anywhere at Maranelllo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 pm 

Don't have a favourite, or least favourite driver. Some get on my wick every now and then, but normally nothing terminal.

OTOH, if it was a thread of least favourite fans of drivers, I wouldn't know where to start. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:03 pm 

Hamilton, not because I don't rate him, he's a very good driver, one of the best. It's just the way that the British media make him out to be some kind of demi-god when infact he's just a great driver, kind of annoying, at least to me anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:08 am 

Robbo-92 wrote:
Hamilton, not because I don't rate him, he's a very good driver, one of the best. It's just the way that the British media make him out to be some kind of demi-god when infact he's just a great driver, kind of annoying, at least to me anyway.

I felt the same back in 2007, the UK media made me sick of Lewis, although in fairness you can't hold this against him as you said. The media were ecstatic as there haven't been many UK champion material drivers after Hill.

Of course then Lewis proceeded to make himself known with some unfortunate remarks and the Liegate, but that's another matter...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:56 am 

Maldonado ... I have no idea why he ever was or is still in F1 .

Vettel ....manufactured champion believes the hype .. bad attitude sarcastic uncharitable self righteous needs a dose of humility. The Red Bull environment is feeding his spoilt brat tendencies he needs to get out of there and join a team that will bring him back down to earth before it's too late and he actually becomes the most disliked figure in F1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 am 

Qiwater wrote:
Maldonado ... I have no idea why he ever was or is still in F1 .

Vettel ....manufactured champion believes the hype .. bad attitude sarcastic uncharitable self righteous needs a dose of humility. The Red Bull environment is feeding his spoilt brat tendencies he needs to get out of there and join a team that will bring him back down to earth before it's too late and he actually becomes the most disliked figure in F1

What does that mean exactly? Did someone make him drive fast? I genuinely don't understand what you mean by this.

As for RB, they are not feeding him anything, we've seen plenty of times RB giving him team orders to move for his team mate. Hell, Singapore last year was about that thing exactly. Him not obeying is another thing, but regarding RB I think you are being slightly unfair here. Maybe they should have pulled his ear a little bit more

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 am 

Seeing how many people rip into Vettel because he's struggling this year makes you wonder how many people here would have ripped into Schumacher during the first three races of 1996, or Hill during 1997 or Hakkinen during 2001. Even the champions struggle from time to time, they aren't robots.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Seeing how many people rip into Vettel because he's struggling this year makes you wonder how many people here would have ripped into Schumacher during the first three races of 1996, or Hill during 1997 or Hakkinen during 2001. Even the champions struggle from time to time, they aren't robots.

Picking and choosing which "facts" support your opinion is all part of the fun around here isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:42 pm 

Have to say Lewis because of the drama he creates around small things

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:15 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

Isn't it different, though? Schumacher got a podium in the second race and retired in the other two due to mechanical issues. He was only outqualified once by his team mate in that time, too. And if you extend it to the first four races he managed another podium, so he wasn't being seen as struggling compared to his team mate.

I think the reason people are highlighting Vettel is because he's been utterly dominant these last four years and has been streets ahead of his well respected team mate. It's one thing to struggle with the car but it also looks as though he's struggling to beat his relatively unknown team mate this time around, so people are taking notice that perhaps he's not the invincible driver people thought him to be. After all, more than a few were proclaiming him as the G.O.A.T., or at least a contender for the title, only a few months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 pm 

Zoue wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Isn't it different, though? Schumacher got a podium in the second race and retired in the other two due to mechanical issues. He was only outqualified once by his team mate in that time, too. And if you extend it to the first four races he managed another podium, so he wasn't being seen as struggling compared to his team mate.

I think the reason people are highlighting Vettel is because he's been utterly dominant these last four years and has been streets ahead of his well respected team mate. It's one thing to struggle with the car but it also looks as though he's struggling to beat his relatively unknown team mate this time around, so people are taking notice that perhaps he's not the invincible driver people thought him to be. After all, more than a few were proclaiming him as the G.O.A.T., or at least a contender for the title, only a few months ago.

But there were times when he lost to Webber as well.... I don't think anything has changed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Zoue wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

But there were times when he lost to Webber as well.... I don't think anything has changed.

I think the change is largely in the fact that he's struggling, and visibly so. The same with Kimi. And tbh I can't remember the last time he lost to Webber, while I'd need to revert to Wikipedia to find out when he lost out in qualifying. His immense success is directly proportional to the amount of attention he's receiving now things aren't going smoothly