planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:06 am 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Covalent wrote:
TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
VDG and Chilton have been average

So they've been better than approx. half the grid? :?

Yeah probably should have worded it differently. Uninspiring perhaps.

Nah it's alright, I've just recently been amazed by the misuse of the word "average" on this forum.

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:45 pm 

I wouldn't blame Senna for feeling tiddled off on seeing how Bottas has driven the last two races.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 pm 

I don't think it's only the Bottas factor which matters, it looks like the car itself is a dog...Maldonado's not exactly impressive either. Actually, 2 races in the season, looking at the blunders list, I could swear Maldonado is the rookie. And besides, with the shakedowns going on at Williams these days, I'd give Bottas some more races yet.

Gutierrez didn't look that bad in Malaysia.

Bianchi, of course, really impressive, considering how late he got the drive. Not one of my favorite drivers, but clearly he's the right stuff, only now I'm beginning to understand how hard was for Force India to make a decision. But he makes Chillton look even uglier. Good thing "the wallet" has funds behind his rear, otherwise...

VdG is not exactly looking like a million bucks either, since his partner, Pic, is killing him dead.

Other than that, at least I'm cautiously satisfied that so far we did not have the usual goof-ups which a rookie might cause...spins, stack-up crashes and so on and so forth. So, not exactly impressive overall, but at least safe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 am 

Laura23 wrote:
Only Bianchi has impressed me so far. He's been a revelation so far, I know it's only been two races but he's been consistently way way ahead of his fellow rookie team mate in the same chassis. He's getting very close to the Williams pair too. I think he could sneak a 10th place with a bit of luck.

Chilton has been awful. Way out of his depth. Shame because he won't get a chance like it again. Van Der Garde looks the same tbh.

Bottas and Gutiérrez I can't really decide about. Give them a few more races but nothing impressive so far.

This is why Laura, we were excited about deciding on a Force India line up. :D

You didn't rate Bianchi much, back then, :-P

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:02 pm 

domino wrote:
Don't care for Bottas, GutiEyebrows and Chilton. Van Der Garde isn't wonderful either. Bianchi is showing promise though.

I think Bruno Senna was better than Bottas is.

And at least he was a good interviewee. I've not actually heard Bottas say anything. He's invisible.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:09 am 

Van Der Garde isn't actually doing too badly. He's been close to Pic in the last 3 races now and was impressive in Monaco

2015 - 6th

Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013, USA 2015
2nd Place: Bahrain 2015, Barcelona 2015
3rd Place: China 2014

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 am 

From the first 6 races I can only see Bianchi and Bottas actually moving up the grid and becoming top tier drivers. As the rest of you have said GVDG, Chilton and Esteban look a little out of their depth but I'm still watching hem to see how they will grow over the season.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:15 pm 

Bianchi seems to have levelled out a little bit. There's only so much he an do in the Marussia.

Bottas doesn't seem to be doing much other than beating an inconsistent Maldonado on occasion. I still have no idea how good or bad he really is sadly.

VDG. He's been alright. Not spectacular. Not terrible. Steady. He took his time to ease into F1 which was clever. We'll see if he can start beating Pic regularly.

Esteban? I don't rate him I'm afraid. Ok he set the fastest lap in Spain, in a race where the front guys had to look after their tyres. He's slow mostly, he crashes a lot and he is nowhere near his team mate. Not F1 standard.

Chilton. Hopeless. No where near Bianchi when Bianchi is on form. His crash with Maldonado yesterday was pathetic IMO, all he had to do was use his sodding mirrors and he'd have seen a blue Williams in them.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...