planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:55 pm 

For those who believe he'll be back in F1, those who don't, and everybody who just appreciates the skills of mr. consisitent :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm 

I belive I belive :nod:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm 

Since Ferrari 2012 car launch there were no news about Kubica.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 pm 

If anyone is interested, his pre-crash thread got archived by me yesterday (along with another few thousand threads).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:41 pm 

I have a question - why so little news from Kubica's camp? OK I know he's still got a great amount of respect in the paddock but keeping such a low profile all this time surely can't be doing him any favours. He'll be a forgotten man if he's not carefull.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:09 pm 

I hope he gets a seat in F1 either later in 2012 or a full season in 2013, he showed so much potential right up until his crash :o I just hope that, if/when he does come back, he doesn't get Massatosis and lose a ton of speed.. :frown:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
I have a question - why so little news from Kubica's camp? OK I know he's still got a great amount of respect in the paddock but keeping such a low profile all this time surely can't be doing him any favours. He'll be a forgotten man if he's not carefull.

I'd forgotten about him until I saw this topic again

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:25 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:

I'm pretty sure you wont get an answer which would satisfy you. Neither of us will here nor any other forum. Thats just the way Robert and his camp decide to manage this situation. Also, we can assume that there's nothing major to report recently, one of lastest piece was rumour of possible tests in summer, 3 month from now on, so its hard to expect reports every week, considering how little we've received during whole last year. Personally, I suspect that even when same tests will be scheduled we'll know about them after they're actually done. This will allow Rob and his camp to give us proper and concrete news whether he'll able to bounce back or not, instead of pure speculations.

Becoming forgotten is the last thing he should be afraid right now. He should just concentrate on rehab and coming back to what he was before, excellent racing driver. Besides, how should he care about not being forgotten? Texting team principals that he's alive and trainning hard? When he'll be back to form just as he was before and prove it doing tests, his only concern should be choosing right offer ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:58 pm 

K__rr wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:

I'm pretty sure you wont get an answer which would satisfy you. Neither of us will here nor any other forum. Thats just the way Robert and his camp decide to manage this situation. Also, we can assume that there's nothing major to report recently, one of lastest piece was rumour of possible tests in summer, 3 month from now on, so its hard to expect reports every week, considering how little we've received during whole last year. Personally, I suspect that even when same tests will be scheduled we'll know about them after they're actually done. This will allow Rob and his camp to give us proper and concrete news whether he'll able to bounce back or not, instead of pure speculations.

Becoming forgotten is the last thing he should be afraid right now. He should just concentrate on rehab and coming back to what he was before, excellent racing driver. Besides, how should he care about not being forgotten? Texting team principals that he's alive and trainning hard? When he'll be back to form just as he was before and prove it doing tests, his only concern should be choosing right offer ;)

My point was that as times go by and he's off the radar I'm not so sure those offers will come. He could still have a visible profile while he is recouperating by turning up at the odd race, maybe having an opinion piece column for a magazine or website, sit in the "red button" lounge for TV, that kind of thing. It's not about caring if hes forgotten - I'm assuming he still cares about returning to the sport.

If Grosjean does well this year the doors at Lotus could start to close, Ferrari - supposedly his next berth- have numerous names in their young driver program and said to be keeping an eye on Perez.

Not my business I guess, just curious. For someone with his reputation but only 1 slightly fortuitous race win, I would have thought F1 is still such unfinished business that he would be making every effort to still be seen to be a part of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
My point was that as times go by and he's off the radar I'm not so sure those offers will come. He could still have a visible profile while he is recouperating by turning up at the odd race, maybe having an opinion piece column for a magazine or website, sit in the "red button" lounge for TV, that kind of thing. It's not about caring if hes forgotten - I'm assuming he still cares about returning to the sport.

If Grosjean does well this year the doors at Lotus could start to close, Ferrari - supposedly his next berth- have numerous names in their young driver program and said to be keeping an eye on Perez.

Not my business I guess, just curious. For someone with his reputation but only 1 slightly fortuitous race win, I would have thought F1 is still such unfinished business that he would be making every effort to still be seen to be a part of it.

Here's the point we don't agree. If somehow he'll be able to prove he didn't lost anything form his abilities, is 100% as quick as back in the days, simply like it never happened, then I'm 100% sure he'll get sit and car he deserves. Even without showing in public next few months.

And don't get me wrong. I would like him to do some appearance on odd race, or "red button" lounge for TV as much as you, and any fan do. But such activities is just not what Kubica does. I believe that after crash there was one interview in which he said we'll see him again at track only with helmet in a racing car. Can't remember exact quote, though. But that just sums up his attitude. No compromises. No showing off like look guys, I already can walk, lets go public :)

F1 is undoubtebly unfinished business for him and he's surely doing every effort.. in gym, 5-6 hours every day ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:31 pm 

K__rr wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:

Here's the point we don't agree. If somehow he'll be able to prove he didn't lost anything form his abilities, is 100% as quick as back in the days, simply like it never happened, then I'm 100% sure he'll get sit and car he deserves. Even without showing in public next few months.

And don't get me wrong. I would like him to do some appearance on odd race, or "red button" lounge for TV as much as you, and any fan do. But such activities is just not what Kubica does. I believe that after crash there was one interview in which he said we'll see him again at track only with helmet in a racing car. Can't remember exact quote, though. But that just sums up his attitude. No compromises. No showing off like look guys, I already can walk, lets go public :)

F1 is undoubtebly unfinished business for him and he's surely doing every effort.. in gym, 5-6 hours every day ;)

And that's the key. I'm saying that if he doesn't remain visible he won't get that chance. He may be quicker than ever for all we know, but if he's not on the teams "lists" he won't get the chance to show it. And a test from a team is the ONLY way he can prove his readiness. I know his no compromises attitude and it's all good, but it may, in this instance, work against him.

I guess we'll see. Hopefully he will be back and there's an opportunity for him, but this radio silence can't be doing him any favours and meanwhile there's young drivers out there making a name for themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:05 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:
And that's the key. I'm saying that if he doesn't remain visible he won't get that chance. He may be quicker than ever for all we know, but if he's not on the teams "lists" he won't get the chance to show it. And a test from a team is the ONLY way he can prove his readiness. I know his no compromises attitude and it's all good, but it may, in this instance, work against him.

I guess we'll see. Hopefully he will be back and there's an opportunity for him, but this radio silence can't be doing him any favours and meanwhile there's young drivers out there making a name for themselves.

There's one important point missing in our discussion. What we can see and tell is like one, small piece of chocolate. Rest is out of our reach. Whats going on behind the scene we'll never know, sadly. I just trust that Morelli and Robert know what they are doing, because as you said, others dont waste time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am 

Latest Kubica news in the Polish press ( google translated )

Quote:
In the paddock not stop talking about the return of Robert Kubica. On the occasion of the Barcelona test BBC spoke with a close friend of Polish drivers.

Kubica lost the whole of the previous season after fatal accident in February 2011. It is not known if and when the Pole again sit behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car
During testing at Barcelona in the paddock who asked for anonymity was a close friend of Kubica. BBC Sport revealed important information about the health of former Lotus Renault driver.

- Robert is nearing a return to normal life - he said. - It will take your car, working on strengthening the right hand. In June or July, it turns out, is strong enough to test a F1 car.

The fact that Kubica is getting better and better as argued recently fans who have had the opportunity to meet a player. - Robert went a step and we shook hands - said the winner Lotto.

Echoed her second of the winners. - I'm sure you really want (Kubica - ed.) Show up in the full form, and sitting behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car (...) It is reiterated that some things can be better done and much is still ahead of him.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... ufCjI098_w

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 am 

Big Arti wrote:

Quote:
In June or July, it turns out, is strong enough to test a F1 car.

He's always been a few months away from testing an F1 car. :-((

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:05 am 

jamei wrote:
Big Arti wrote:

Quote:
In June or July, it turns out, is strong enough to test a F1 car.

He's always been a few months away from testing an F1 car. :-((

Apart from hoping there isn't much us Kubica fans can do

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 pm 

DOLOMITE wrote:

That is interesting indeed.
Intill January we had massive ammount of infos, rumors and so on about Robert and the it suddenly stoped.
So they are either losing faith about F1 comeback or they have confidence about his future and dont need to be in media.
Only time will tell what is the case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am 

i hope Kubica will be back to f1, but i dont believe it. dates of his comeback will be delayed and delayed, then he will probably announce officially end of career.

and yeah, lack of communication is a bad thing. he can be soon forgotten by non polish fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm 

i read something about kubica yesterday.
his friend was speaking about him already starting to lead a normal life after the accident.

he said that Kubica was driving road cars daily and really concentrating on building the strength to the damaged arm.

i hope he returns to F1 and if he does, Im sure the whole paddock, teams and drivers will be there to welcome him 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:03 pm 

ToughGuy wrote:
his friend was speaking about him already starting to lead a normal life after the accident.

he said that Kubica was driving road cars daily and really concentrating on building the strength to the damaged arm.

i hope he returns to F1 and if he does, Im sure the whole paddock, teams and drivers will be there to welcome him 8)

I hope he will at least be back to any kind of racing/rally if he can't go back to F1.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm 

Alguersuari about Kubica: He cannot drink with this hand, he cannot really take the glass and drink - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/03/07/alguer ... nki-i-pic/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am 

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... P74t-umxrg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 am 

that is very, very bad news. we have to take this as true, because we have no other infos lately.
as i thought, his rehabilitation can take years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 am 

f1motta wrote:
Alguersuari about Kubica: He cannot drink with this hand, he cannot really take the glass and drink - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/03/07/alguer ... nki-i-pic/

About Alguersuari: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzprf8u2 ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:13 pm 

Has anyone heard/seen/listened to the original conference ?
"Cause all I can find are translations on Polish websites which I take with a pinch of salt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm 

Big Arti wrote:
"Cause all I can find are translations on Polish websites which I take with a pinch of salt

Just listen to the audio under the article. Algersuari says it in english, starting at 14.00 minutes.

I don't see why he would 'invent' such bad news.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm 

Let me say that Robert Kubica is an amazing f1 driver. But when a f1-driver is off for only a few years he often gets "inexperienced" and somewhat looses his skills. Which is the reason why i am starting to doubt his great comeback to f1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:58 pm 

This is a tweet from Jaime:

Quote:
mi admiracion por Kubica en el supuesto de que su lesion le permita regresar Sobre su estadotraslade info que me han hecho personas cercanas

Could anybody translate this? Google translate is rubbish here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am 

peterh wrote:
Big Arti wrote:

Just listen to the audio under the article. Algersuari says it in english, starting at 14.00 minutes.

He is spreading a rumour he heard..nothing more, probably outdated. I have heard a rumour he is doing very good but yet it is unknown if he will be able to drive F1 car..but i am no BBC5live star.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 pm 

Nitrobox wrote:
peterh wrote:
Big Arti wrote:

He is spreading a rumour he heard..nothing more, probably outdated. I have heard a rumour he is doing very good but yet it is unknown if he will be able to drive F1 car..but i am no BBC5live star.

` i can not comment words of someone who saw robert one year ago` - marcin czachorski, kubica`s representative in poland on Jaime`s news.
hopefuly Jaime just learned his first lesson as a commentator not to say things you don`t really know are true.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:

I hope he will at least be back to any kind of racing/rally if he can't go back to F1.

Don't know about that.
Maybe too many Demons with Rally huh !

Edit: how bad were the arm injuries :?: I read it was almost hanging off. Is this true :?:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:08 pm 

ToughGuy wrote:
Edit: how bad were the arm injuries :?: I read it was almost hanging off. Is this true :?:

The hand was nearly severed. Two of the three nerves were cut. Also the elbow joint was shattered into some 17 pieces or so.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 pm 

Sarhan wrote:
ToughGuy wrote:

The hand was nearly severed. Two of the three nerves were cut. Also the elbow joint was shattered into some 17 pieces or so.

Very serious then. I know we've all been tracking Kubicas recovery the past year , but i just can't see him getting the strength back from that type of injury

Is love to see him back, he's as fast as the fastest on the grid and as brave as a lion.

Would be cool if he makes a GP this year. He'd get a great welcome from all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm 

Believe it or not ! but Kubica was driving a Skoda Rally car yesterday :P I did not want to post it last night, i did not know if the fotos are from yesterday or a year ago, but this came out ------> http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 2F&act=url

Kubica with RK jersey in the back :)
And who is this ? *LOL*

Last edited by BkNYC on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:48 pm 

I hope he makes a return. Most drivers have 1 big accident, he's had at least two... heres hoping for the best, although his camp are very quiet at the moment..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 pm 

many photos from his test is on the internet.
wow. it is amazing! if he will be back, this guy will be a legend!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm 

Pictures from Kubica's shakedown - full gallery http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/03/09/shakedown-kubicy/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm 

It seems Kubica cannot hold a glass and drink, but he can drive a WRC car with sequential gearbox xD Ojj Jaime, Jaime huge FAIL on your part *LOL* And all the pics are posted from the people around him, Robert hates media spot light, he is quiet dude..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 pm 

BkNYC wrote:
It seems Kubica cannot hold a glass and drink, but he can drive a WRC car with sequential gearbox xD Ojj Jaime, Jaime huge FAIL on your part *LOL* And all the pics are posted from the people around him, Robert hates media spot light, he is quiet dude..

Well, yeah... Jamie u'd better find a seat, journalism is not your thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 pm 

I'm happy that he has recovered his health and is regaining the use of his arm but, to be honest, it would surprise me if he ever participates in another F1 race. I just think that the damage has been too severe to recover to full capacity and you need t be at 100% full capacity if you want to race in Formula 1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:19 pm 

His right hand seems to be hidden in all pics bar two, and in those two pictures RK is holding in a strange position.... I'm not claiming JA was right, but that right hand does not look right. At least to me.

Plus, he's gained some weight, hasn't he?

You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone!