planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm 

What's wrong with you guys :) Where is info about rally Kubica takes part in?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm 

http://rally.ficr.it/tab_stagetimes.asp ... Classe=ALL

Live timing ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 pm 

MaGiK wrote:
http://rally.ficr.it/tab_stagetimes.asp?p_Anno=2012&p_Codice=107&p_Manifestazione=11&p_Gara=1&p_ProvaSpeciale=1&p_Gruppo=ALL&p_Classe=ALL

Live timing ;)

First! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 pm 

Robert prima posizione! Great stuff., he is freakin terminator;) I just love this guy;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25_hfYZ6KE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 pm 

oooops

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 pm 

cold_elbow wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w25_hfYZ6KE

Looks like he does not need a lot of space on the road..1m each side of the car and he can go 100km/h twisting around :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm 

Right... it's like he is on 'safe mode' this time, perhaps careful... Plenty of space to use but still fast.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:38 pm 

Kubica won whole Rally :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:05 pm 

With a very big lead :)

Profile of the second guy:
http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?profile=10015

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 pm 

He won with an Impreza against Citroen C4 WRC? 8O
Just wow!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm 

froze wrote:
Just wow!

Yeah...and imagine that he "does not rally now for time/results" - only "just for rehabilitation purposes" ;) At least this is what he says.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:49 pm 

froze wrote:
Just wow!

The lead would have been greater, if he didn't make a mistake with tire choice on the firsts two SSs, which cost him ~20s.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm 

Elberoth wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

The lead would have been greater, if he didn't make a mistake with tire choice on the firsts two SSs, which cost him ~20s.

well, we don't know about the mistakes the other guy did :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 pm 

froze wrote:
Just wow!

By the looks of it it's an '07 though. So a similar spec to The Scooby. http://www.ewrc-results.com/carinfo.php ... oen-C4-WRC

Also another thing to note is as far as championships go, the other guy didn't have to beat Kubica for points if he's not registered. So no point racing him and risking the off. As far as the championship goes he maybe still "won" .

It's something that happens the odd time here. Someone will enter their local round of the international championship and win it. But the guy in second thinking of a championship won't chase, they'll be happy to take second in the rally which is 1st in the championship and take the points rather than risk binning it. Sometimes unless the guy is well known they won't even get so much as a passing mention on the coverage :? .

Other oddities that can happen is for the championship they might have a spec fuel or tyre. If your not registered for the championship you are not bound by this. An example would be a few years ago the British rally Championship had to use Tesco 99 octane petrol. But if you just entered the rally in the same class you could use high octane stuff instead. Or indeed two championships using the same rally can have different regs. That has happened when the British and Irish have used the same rallies.

A few things to consider before people get too excited.

Mighty result all the same :thumbup:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 pm 

Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

By the looks of it it's an '07 though.

You think he changed it? Last time it was Subaru'06 - two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm 

DeeSee2 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

No the C4 is an 07 . so not much different in Spec.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:35 pm 

Johnston wrote:
DeeSee2 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

No the C4 is an 07 . so not much different in Spec.

Oh, sorry. Got you ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:31 am 

Congrats Rob, nice rehab ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicncKLlIz4
Keep up good work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 am 

Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

Also another thing to note is as far as championships go, the other guy didn't have to beat Kubica for points if he's not registered. So no point racing him and risking the off. As far as the championship goes he maybe still "won" .

I was thinking about your concernes and got back to final results. The guy that Kubica did beat(M. SOSSELLA) was 1 min behind Robert....but the third driver - the one behind M. SOSSELLA was 5.7 min behind! So I am not sure if M. SOSSELLA was not "pushing" at all - he was much faster than other drivers IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 am 

DeeSee2 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

I was thinking about your concernes and got back to final results. The guy that Kubica did beat(M. SOSSELLA) was 1 min behind Robert....but the third driver - the one behind M. SOSSELLA was 5.7 min behind! So I am not sure if M. SOSSELLA was not "pushing" at all - he was much faster than other drivers IMO.

Yes indeed. But when you are looking the championship. would you have tried you hardest to beat Kubica a non Champion ship driver when you are that far ahead of your rivals? would you risk max points and a big repair bill for bragging rights?

Like I know from my time we didn't even look at the times of anyone not registered. They were effectively doing a different rally.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am 

Johnston wrote:
DeeSee2 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
froze wrote:
Just wow!

Yes indeed. But when you are looking the championship. would you have tried you hardest to beat Kubica a non Champion ship driver when you are that far ahead of your rivals? would you risk max points and a big repair bill for bragging rights?

Like I know from my time we didn't even look at the times of anyone not registered. They were effectively doing a different rally.

You are right. No need to push that hard if you win in table after all. That could be valid point for not pushing to the edge - I could do the same if I was him. On the other hand - I am not sure if I would want to be de-classed by a guy that does rally 'from time to time' for 'rehabilitation purposes' ;) You seem like you have experience in rallying...did it happen often in your times?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:00 am 

I have just seen short interview with Robert from this Rally:

"in first phase we had wrong tyres..."..."In second we had a bit better cut tyres BUT still not right.."..."but there is nothing to COMPLAIN afterall"...

Old Robert is back :lol: He wins and still has arm long list of "what was not perfect". The car has no grip! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am 

DeeSee2 wrote:
You are right. No need to push that hard if you win in table after all. That could be valid point for not pushing to the edge - I could do the same if I was him. On the other hand - I am not sure if I would want to be de-classed by a guy that does rally 'from time to time' for 'rehabilitation purposes' ;) You seem like you have experience in rallying...did it happen often in your times?

A few times.

We were in a lower class and the odd time you would have guys from The British championship over to prepare them selves for the Tarmac rounds of the BRC. So there was us, a driver funding out of his own pocket and a transit against someone with Works backing. Sure you could go out and try and get the trophy for the rally. But if you are looking the championship it doesn't matter you could be third in class and still get max points. Points were better than the crystal whisky glass.

You'd also get the "Local hero" maybe not got the funds to do a full season but will come out for the odd rally. Generally we wouldn't look at them or worry, they aren't stealing points from you so no point risking it.

The worst is when you have non-championship guys or even 2 championships competing in the same class. That happened when the BRC and Irish tarmac met up. BRC at the time the top class was Group N, but because of championship sponsorship the BRC guys had to use Tesco fuel. The Irish guys or anyone not registered for BRC points could use proper high octane stuff and the obvious BHP advantage it brings. So on paper it looks like the BRC guys were getting beat, but they had the obvious power disadvantage despite being in the same class. even worse as one of the Higgins brothers was doing both. So on an Irish Tarmac only round he was near the top, when the two championships collided he lost power and looked like he was getting well beat by people using the same type of car, if you just looked at the rally results.

Going off topic but to show how confusingly annoying Rally can be, the BRC was running to super Rally rules, so if you crashed out and the car could be fixed you could restart the next stage after the repairs and get a time penalty for the stages you missed. So any rallies that were part of the BRC played by those rules. Our guys main rival crashed out on a rally that was also BRC. He got fixed up restarted and managed to scrape a few points. The guy I spannered for crashed out on an Irish Tarmac only round. Once he was out that was it. No "Do overs" . Worst bit was, it was a simple fix. We were able to fix the car at the road side and drive it home :(

But back to Bob, asked this on a different thread I think.

Anyone know if he has ever done gravel? Or has it all been Tarmac?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 pm 

RK yesterday (he won the Rally Bassano):

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:11 pm 

Speed~Racer wrote:
RK yesterday (he won the Rally Bassano):

Nice trophy! Just imagine how much tomato soup you can cook in it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 pm 

It's better looking and more impressive than a lot of F1 ones lately thats for sure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:14 pm 

It is a great news. He is driving in rallies at the level he was driving before the accident. No it's time to get back to speed in F1 :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:34 pm 

He said in an interview after the rally that the road before him might be not as long as he thought before starting in these 3 rallies.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm 

There was no gravel rally for Bob before this year, and I would be surprised if there were any in the future. He is preparing for F1 obviously, gravel would be just waste of time. His funds are also limited i guess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm 

vv3k4i wrote:
There was no gravel rally for Bob before this year, and I would be surprised if there were any in the future. He is preparing for F1 obviously, gravel would be just waste of time. His funds are also limited i guess.

In the past though Pre-accident did he ever try it?

As for being waste of time, I'm not sure. There is a lot more to gravel, making corrections feeling the grip etc. some say it's a lot harder work.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:01 pm 

Johnston wrote:
vv3k4i wrote:

In the past though Pre-accident did he ever try it?

As for being waste of time, I'm not sure. There is a lot more to gravel, making corrections feeling the grip etc. some say it's a lot harder work.

That rally is more like active rehabilitation rather than learning rally. Before he even try to sit in single seater, he needs to drive something slower to get used to competitive driving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm 

onboard vid from a short ss:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRqILym5VWU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm 

Johnston wrote:
It's better looking and more impressive than a lot of F1 ones lately thats for sure

Yeah. Much better than the glory hole they gave out in Singapore.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 am 

froze wrote:
Johnston wrote:

Yeah. Much better than the glory hole they gave out in Singapore.

Which one would you pick.

Bobs rally trophy. OR the Santander Turd?

Alonso will maybe call past his house and begin to think "He has a nicer cabinet than me, mines all fairy cakes " :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:14 am 

Latest interview with Robert Kubica - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/10/03/kubica ... mitations/

Latest interview with Kubica's hand surgeon Igor Rossello - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/10/01/interv ... -rossello/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 pm 

Just came out on Autosport :))

Robert Kubica aiming to complete full championship in 2013

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103030

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 pm 

f1motta wrote:
Latest interview with Robert Kubica - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/10/03/kubica ... mitations/

Latest interview with Kubica's hand surgeon Igor Rossello - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/10/01/interv ... -rossello/

I think there may be some mistakes in translation:

" In Monday I will back to may rehabilitation"

Apart from that - great info from his surgeon!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm 

Injured F1 driver Robert Kubica has admitted that he has a growing desire to test himself on track:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/184692/1/k ... erest.html

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:59 am 

^ great find!

BTW - what about today's rally? Where is timing?