planetf1.com
http://forum.planet-f1.com/

The Official Lewis Hamilton thread
http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7
Page 13 of 99

Author:  Haribo [ Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

So, Bernie was asked ( yesterday BBC) who deserves the title this year ?
BE: Lewis Hamilton.

Author:  tmzxaar [ Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Haribo wrote:
So, Bernie was asked ( yesterday BBC) who deserves the title this year ?
BE: Lewis Hamilton.


Here is the video if anyone wants to watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsImnuyzc6A

Author:  Ev0lutionz [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

This is so unfair, he was at a neighbourhood school just 25 mins away from me! Just a cycling distance away. Damn, missed him.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-ne ... e-20121204

Author:  Laura23 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

Author:  Haribo [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

What the heck has Alonso to do here?

Author:  Laura23 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

What the heck has Alonso to do here?

:blush:

Wrong thread. Very very wrong thread.

:blush:

Author:  Haribo [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Laura23 wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

What the heck has Alonso to do here?

:blush:

Wrong thread. Very very wrong thread.

:blush:

Haha thought he wants to move in here

Author:  Lukeism [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

How long until we see some PR photos of him in Merc gear? I think a couple of weeks after his Mclaren contract ends proper, so around mid Jan.

Author:  diablof1 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  diablof1 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

What the heck has Alonso to do here?



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  diablof1 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

i think lewis will have a good 2013. the circuits he is strong at you never know he might win.

Author:  SDLRob [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Lewis can win.. But I still have a fair few concerns about Merc's abilit to give him a decent car. It could be I'll be eating my words next season (& I'd honestly be very happy if I had to), but I wanna wait till I've seen the cars and looked at preseason testing...

Author:  Senna88 [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Interesting how he is still doing PR commitments for McLaren (He is currently in Asia) when does his contract officially run out?

Author:  fieldstvl [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Senna88 wrote:
Interesting how he is still doing PR commitments for McLaren (He is currently in Asia) when does his contract officially run out?


Officially ends on December 31st, starts at Merc on Jan 1st. I'm pretty sure when Button moved to Macca a photo of him in their team gear appeared on his first day. It wouldn't surprise me to see something similar with this move.

Author:  MclarenBullet [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Lewis Hamilton or Fernando deserved to win the title this year on the way they drove

Author:  Haribo [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Senna88 wrote:
Interesting how he is still doing PR commitments for McLaren (He is currently in Asia) when does his contract officially run out?

Next weekend he is at Malta for a Vodafone & McLaren PR event. IMo the last for McLaren. Contract ends at 31.12. 2012

Author:  Emerson.F [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

tmzxaar wrote:
Haribo wrote:
So, Bernie was asked ( yesterday BBC) who deserves the title this year ?
BE: Lewis Hamilton.


Here is the video if anyone wants to watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsImnuyzc6A


Great too hear it from his mouth. He would have been champion this year if it werent for....you know

Author:  diablof1 [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

come on lewis! show mclaren what they lost in you! the motivation lewis will have is going to be interesting

Author:  Haribo [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

diablof1 wrote:
come on lewis! show mclaren what they lost in you! the motivation lewis will have is going to be interesting

Friday will be Hamiltons last official appearance at MTC:
I’m going back (to McLaren) on Friday to speak to the whole team, about 1,000 people, just to say a big thanks for all the hard work and wish them all the best for the future. I’ll be competing against them but (McLaren) will always be my home, always be where I grew up.”

The British Formula One racer admitted that moving on from a team he spent 14 years with has its challenges.

“For all of us, we move around, from job to job, we experience different things. You guys have experienced plenty of these but this is going to be my first time.”
http://sports.xin.msn.com/hamilton-on-t ... 7#scpshrtu

Author:  Pickle267 [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Can't wait for Hamilton to jump in the Mercedes, definition of an exciting F1 race is making Lewis start from the middle of the pack and smash his way through.

Author:  jammin78 [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Pickle267 wrote:
Can't wait for Hamilton to jump in the Mercedes, definition of an exciting F1 race is making Lewis start from the middle of the pack and smash his way through.

I just hope the "smash" part isn't literal next year...

Author:  Senna88 [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

jammin78 wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
Can't wait for Hamilton to jump in the Mercedes, definition of an exciting F1 race is making Lewis start from the middle of the pack and smash his way through.

I just hope the "smash" part isn't literal next year...


:lol: So true, will give me flashbacks of the debacle that was Monaco and Canada in 2011. (Still think he was not at fault for Maldonado and Button but I don't want to start that up again!)

Author:  jammin78 [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Senna88 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
Can't wait for Hamilton to jump in the Mercedes, definition of an exciting F1 race is making Lewis start from the middle of the pack and smash his way through.

I just hope the "smash" part isn't literal next year...


:lol: So true, will give me flashbacks of the debacle that was Monaco and Canada in 2011. (Still think he was not at fault for Maldonado and Button but I don't want to start that up again!)

I still blame Button too! But lets not get too into that one haha! :lol:

Author:  MclarenBullet [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Lewis Hamilton's luck continues, 2014 changes which hopefully would of seen Mercedes at the top once again have been scrapped.

Author:  amirb [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

MclarenBullet wrote:
Lewis Hamilton's luck continues, 2014 changes which hopefully would of seen Mercedes at the top once again have been scrapped.


But there is still the new engines and kers to come.

Author:  MclarenBullet [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

amirb wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Lewis Hamilton's luck continues, 2014 changes which hopefully would of seen Mercedes at the top once again have been scrapped.


But there is still the new engines and kers to come.


It seriously won't make that big of a difference in performance between teams i don't think, it will still be an aero dominated sport.

Author:  Jomox [ Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

That's the FIA, can't rely on them always screwing with the teams and sport. Merc should really focus on the present (like next year etc etc) instead of looking 2-3 years down the line when the FIA likes to change it's mind/rules at will. It's a risky strategy.

Author:  Ev0lutionz [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Image

Dammit, he was at some school near my residence!!

And he didnt even say he was arriving! :(

Author:  Kimi 2012 [ Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Part of me hopes Hamilton drives the wheels off that merc next year cause he should've won the championship this year and missed out mainly due to mclarens unreliability. Yes the twitter stuff was stupid and immature but nobody can question that the guy is top quality and hopefully next year he has better luck although merc will have to pull their fingers out of their donkeys to produce a better car.

Author:  diablof1 [ Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

with or without rule changes all brawn has to do is give lewis a car capable for wins and the championship. i don't think they can produce a car like redbull or mclaren, but if they make a car similar to the lotus in performance wise, lewis will be a contender. :)

Author:  FormulaFun [ Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

exactly, what people seem to forget is that the 2011 Lotus was very similar to the 2012 Merc, both had good starts but reached dead ends in their development, but look at the 2012 lotus and we can see that Merc could have a good car, obviously there is less rule changes to facilitate it but it is still very possible

Author:  schumi7 [ Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Lewis is in Malta for the day, came for a charity event. Apparently it's his last run in a McLaren.

My first time seeing and hearing an F1 car in real life. it's unbelievable, the speed, the sound and the attention to detail. Lewis was great and said a couple of words in Maltese which seemed to win everyone (including me) over.

A couple of pics from McLaren's twitter:
Image
Image

Author:  Alex777 [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Hamilton said in Malta: Target for podium finishes in 2013 F1 with Mercedes
http://www.formula1onlive.com/2012/12/h ... es-in.html

Hamilton demonstrations run at Malta airport with MP4-26 - Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrITWU8HR_8

Author:  diablof1 [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Senna88 [ Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Video on Lewis' visit to Malta last week and his last official appearance as a McLaren driver

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/20699/8324558

Author:  Blinky McSquinty [ Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

MclarenBullet wrote:
amirb wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Lewis Hamilton's luck continues, 2014 changes which hopefully would of seen Mercedes at the top once again have been scrapped.


But there is still the new engines and kers to come.


It seriously won't make that big of a difference in performance between teams i don't think, it will still be an aero dominated sport.


I respectfully disagree. KERS will be doubled in power, and the capacity will be increased. They will be able to use it a lot more. And with HERS, it will allow the engineers to tailor the engine to deliver more driveable power. All these systems need to be integrated into a transparent and efficient manner to maximize the potential of the car. When KERS was first introduced Mercedes had the most reliable and effective system compared to the rest, demonstrating that they are very good at this engineering discipline.

I believe that this was one selling point that helped sway Hamilton into signing with them, that come 2014 the Mercedes system will be reliable, effective, and the best of them all.

Author:  spiritone [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

It will be interesting ( for me anyway) to see who hamiltons engineer will be. Will it be ms engineer p bonnington and jock clear (jv old championship winning engineer) or will andy latham appear from maternity leave? Has anyone heard of any other mclaren team members following him to merc? Offseason is already boring.

Author:  M.Nader -DODZ- [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Lewis is back on twitter!

funny how that happened right after Merc announced they have agreed with McLaren to have Lewis early

Author:  tmzxaar [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

finally he stopped cutting his hair, maybe those curls will give him some luck :D
Image

Author:  M.Nader -DODZ- [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

tmzxaar wrote:
finally he stopped cutting his hair, maybe those curls will give him some luck :D
Image


Rosberg will still be ahead in this area though :lol:

Page 13 of 99 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/