planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
I wonder if Lewis has already signed somwhere else. This would explain his cold relationship with the team, and button getting favourite treatment at strategys

Have to admit, this thought has crossed my mind as well. If true, it would explain MW and the team wanting JB to win the WDC so they don't loose the No.1 when Lewis leaves.

In other news, this was re-tweeted by a Red Bull mechanic (Lee Stevenson) yesterday.
Quote:
Stephen Ettery ‏ @steve_ettery

hamilton is a great driver but has no sportsmanship whatsoever
Retweeted by Lee Stevenson

2:03 PM - 25 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

If he has signed with another team, I sure hope it's not Red Bull.

/tin-foil hat time

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:27 pm 

Sabrina wrote:
I wonder if Lewis has already signed somwhere else. This would explain his cold relationship with the team, and button getting favourite treatment at strategys
I also wonder why Ferrari still holds on to Massa

that would make sense.

at least we not seeing his kers fail yet like webber has to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am 

Most genuine smile I've seen on Hamiltons face for a long time. Nice to see.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 am 

DOLOMITE wrote:
Most genuine smile I've seen on Hamiltons face for a long time. Nice to see.

He does a lot of charity for children, he really loves them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 am 

Sabrina wrote:

Bring back Ron Dennis. Since Martin Whitmarsh took over everything has gotten worse for Lewis (and McLaren in general)from under-fuelling to asking lewis to 'ease off the car a bit' and several bad podium costing pit stops. I personally think Whitmarsh is a liability to the team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:56 am 

Unparalleled wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Bring back Ron Dennis. Since Martin Whitmarsh took over everything has gotten worse for Lewis (and McLaren in general)from under-fuelling to asking lewis to 'ease off the car a bit' and several bad podium costing pit stops. I personally think Whitmarsh is a liability to the team.

THIS!!!

I honestly don't think whitmarsh has the ruthless desire to win that Ron Dennis did. The guy is all about PR.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm 

Unparalleled wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

As Max Mosley said, Whitmarsh is not the sharpest knife in the box

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm 

Unparalleled wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Funny... if i remember correctly, Lewis won his WDC when MW was CEO of McLaren. Also, every year McLaren have produced a race winning car... It seems no one remembers the "Macca Meltdown years." You'd think that the fans will be grateful, but... :thumbdown:

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 pm 

elektrobanks wrote:
Unparalleled wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

THIS!!!

I honestly don't think whitmarsh has the ruthless desire to win that Ron Dennis did. The guy is all about PR.

You couldn't be more wrong about Ron. The current image of McLaren is being managed by Whitmarsh, but certainly, the creator of this corporate image is Ron himself. There was an interesting interview of an unshaven DC when he joined RBR after Macca.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 am 

Another solid drive by Lewis. Leads the pack now and I am sure more success is on the way. Well Done Lewis :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:57 pm 

chinki wrote:
Another solid drive by Lewis. Leads the pack now and I am sure more success is on the way. Well Done Lewis :thumbup:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm 

chinki wrote:

This is the kind races he needs
He is still not firing on all cylinders, but he is healing.With every race it gets better, he has had more confidence than at Aus/ Mal and seems to have back a bit of fun in the car
the real Lewis Hamilton will come back. Soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm 

Just rewatched Monza 2008... Wet!
Lewis started 15th and would have won had it rained again :( had to stop and change for tyres.
Allowed 'the finger' his first win. Boooo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lpAgBwI ... ure=fvwrel

Lewis demolishing Jenson at push-ups :D He did 75! (I barelly do about 25)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm 

Lewis has to be looking good for the win tomorrow if McLaren have been focused on race pace this weekend.

Lewis Hamilton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:44 pm 

Come on Lewis, beat Vettel for the future of the 2012 Formula 1 season! :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 pm 

Raifosa wrote:
Sabrina wrote:

Have to admit, this thought has crossed my mind as well. If true, it would explain MW and the team wanting JB to win the WDC so they don't loose the No.1 when Lewis leaves.

In other news, this was re-tweeted by a Red Bull mechanic (Lee Stevenson) yesterday.
Quote:
Stephen Ettery ‏ @steve_ettery

hamilton is a great driver but has no sportsmanship whatsoever
Retweeted by Lee Stevenson

2:03 PM - 25 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

If he has signed with another team, I sure hope it's not Red Bull.

/tin-foil hat time

Bit rich coming from red bull

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm 

Q: (Khoda Rawi - F1Arab.com) Lewis, you have a huge fan base in the Middle East; what would you like to say to your fans?
LH: To my fans here... Growing up I never ever thought that I would ever have fans so to learn that I have more and more fans coming from different places and particularly the Middle East is a fantastic feeling, so I'm very much appreciative of all the support that they give me and I hope that many of them come this weekend. And a big thank you to all of them for some of the messages that I get, because I do notice that I have certain messages on Twitter or Facebook from out here in the Middle East, so just a big thank you to them, and fingers crossed for the season.

In China it was the same, and at India they are "mad" about him. Looks like Lewis has a huge fan base in the middle and the far east & India.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:50 pm 

Really hope Lewis can get the jump on Vettel tomorrow, have a feeling vettel can drive away if at the front but if he is behind hamilton and in the clutches of webber, he will struggle.

Just hope he gets a decent strategy and he and his engineer don't try to be too clever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:16 pm 

Strategy! Unfortunately i don't think macca has a clue about strategy. They just react to what the other teams are doing and to top it all off they now can't consistently go through a race without messing up one of their pit stops.

Hamilton needs to get the lead and hope that macca doesn't undercut him with button.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:23 pm 

spiritone wrote:
Strategy! Unfortunately i don't think macca has a clue about strategy. They just react to what the other teams are doing and to top it all off they now can't consistently go through a race without messing up one of their pit stops.

Hamilton needs to get the lead and hope that macca doesn't undercut him with button.

I wonder if it's macca or Hamilton's own engineer who isn't as good at making calls.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:50 pm 

The thing is if you are always reactive you are usually always one step behind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:59 pm 

Scorched Soul wrote:
spiritone wrote:

I wonder if it's macca or Hamilton's own engineer who isn't as good at making calls.

I have long suspected that Hamilton's race engineer is a weak link in the chain over at McLaren. Time and time again they seem to lose out on strategy. When you look at Vettel's race engineer for example, you see a lot of inspired calls that work out more often than not. He seems to have more courage and is capable of making that incisive decision in the heat of battle. hamilton's race engineer is always a step behind and reacting to what others are doing. It's a real problem at this point because it has haunted him since 2010.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 am 

LITE992 wrote:
I think people are exaggerating Button after 2011. The guy is cool and consistant but Hamilton has out qualified Button at nearly every race, and in the races where he has no problems, he always out raced Button. I do think that Button is a great driver but there hasn't been a race where he was faster than Hamilton.

You are aware that the order they finish a race in is equal to how fast they are compared to each other?
So if Button wins a race he has gone faster over the entire grand prix than Lewis..

I love them both but I also don't kid myself that Ham is always faster than JB or that McLaren do anything to compromise the race of either driver

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm 

Qualy pace was awesome today. :thumbup: Here is to hoping Lewis can convert it tomorrow :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:06 pm 

This is why Lewis is a step above all the other drivers. Just an incredible display of domination.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm 

chinki wrote:
Qualy pace was awesome today. :thumbup: Here is to hoping Lewis can convert it tomorrow :thumbup:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:38 pm 

YEAH!

Back where he deserves!:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:49 pm 

Well the potential is there. Lewis is in top form this year and the car is extremely competitive. The team just needs to be there with the support. They have lost out due to pit-stop problems and strategy. If the team can up its game to match Lewis and the car, he can have a tremendous season this year. The building blocks are in place.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 pm 

Looked like Lewis was one of only 3 drivers who gave a fairy cakes in qualifying. They drove like professionals while the others didn't 'seem' to care.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm 

GREAT! He's just been demoted to the back of the field in a track where overtaking sucks. With all this bad luck, I have a feeling Lewis will be robbed of a championship :(

:thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:43 pm 

i Lewis loses this championship by a small amount of points then i think every single steward should be fired or something. This sport is a total EMBARRASSMENT

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
i Lewis loses this championship by a small amount of points then i think every single steward should be fired or something. This sport is a total EMBARRASSMENT

McLaren team management should be fired.
They managed to cock up 5 out of 5 races this season so far
Lewis was flawless so far, but he can't win anything at McLaren whit their inaptness.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:48 pm 

As good a chance this is for my driver, the Kimster, I must put in black and white that Hamilton was head and shoulders above everyone else today...the team really let him down! Great job, Lewis...not your fault!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 pm 

There's rumours floating about that i think are just a joke that the dude that cocked up the refuelling is the same dude that messed up the wheel gun in the last race. If it is impossibly true, he should be fired ASAP

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:57 pm 

Somebody must loose their job over this.

Lewis finally has a car he can win in and the team is falling apart around him.

The penalty is extremely harsh.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 am 

Dr Lee wrote:
There's rumours floating about that i think are just a joke that the dude that cocked up the refuelling is the same dude that messed up the wheel gun in the last race. If it is impossibly true, he should be fired ASAP

Judging by McLaren's track record, they'll promote him to team principal instead.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 am 

i hope he wins the damn race. and give everybody the real finger!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 am 

My heart is with you Lewis .. show the world your talent today .. leave the misgivings (macca do you have any pride?) in the past. I believe in you ... you will take the title this year.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:07 am 

FormulaFun wrote:

Exactly !!!

How dare the stewards enforce the rules, after all... this is Lewis we are talking about!
:smug: