planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:25 pm 

Make faster degrading tyres, ones that allow genuine 4-5 laps at FULL pace before degrading. Lets have 5 stopper and 6 stopper races, if it becomes so impossible to stop the degradation all drivers will push 100% and by the end of the race we will have times set at pole pace, to me the actuall times set by drivers is irrelevant and all this talk of "pedestrian" even by the commentators is just not obvious to me, in the shots I see I see cars going very fast. But for those more accutely aware, the obvious solution to have pole times near the end of race and drivers going flat out whilst avoiding a 2004 procession is to actually make tires where a person has to stop between 5-7 times a race. If you are not keen on that idea what about a mandated number of stops say 3 but if you do less than the mandated number of stops you get a 30 second penalty at the end of the race times the number of stops less than your mandated number, if you do more than the mandated number of stops your mandated number of stops decreases by one for the next race (this only applies whilst your mandated number of stops is 3, the race after your next race will always go back to 3, whilst the inbetween race could see you only have 0,1 or 2 mandated stops depending on how many extra stops you had).

For me it becomes silly when tires have to make 8,9 or 10 stops a race however 5 to 7 stops is the ideal for me and I live in hope of seeing a 7 stop stratergy this year as we will get pure racing. My second alternative would be mega cool as some folks do extra stops just to help at the next race, some folk gamble on a 30 second penalty times X, and some go for the mandated number of stops, it would not be a lottery it would be sheer strategy and would allow some to nurse tires if they want (Whilst taking the potential penalty for less stops into account) or would allow others to try to go hell for leather and be guaranteed at least a better shot in the next race (but In said next race they might find the tires could not do say just the one stop...)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.