planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7502
Location: London
If Alonso had said Vettel was his toughest rival this forum would have gone into meltdown calling Fernando an idiot.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
Keep it clean guys. We don't want to start warning people.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 am
Posts: 33
Inappropriate post removed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm
Posts: 668
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana, you always get over defensive regarding Alonso. For the slightest thing.

There was nothing wrong with what he said and why he perhaps said it. It's all part of F1. There was no need for you to jump in and defend him because no one was attacking him. Alonso isn't the bane of the forum anymore.

That is your opinion; I disagree with it. And since I don't think that the other forumers would be interested in dicussing me in this thread, I will leave it there.

As for Alonso no longer being the bane of this forum, I'd say that he very much still plays that role for certain people. I'd suggest that you review some of the posts dated last November.

Finally, I don't think that the forum would have gone into meltdown had Alonso said that he thinks his strongest rival is Vettel; I would certainly have not given it any more relevance than I give him thinking that it is Hamilton. And I would not have claimed "mind games" either. As I said, he is entitled to having an opinion and expressing it, particularly if directly asked about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
morgana wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
He's playing mind games with Vettel.

He isn't
“It is a personal opinion, not political, not to make people think something. "
He also lauds Vettel.

The fact that he has to say the statement is not political speaks for itself IMO.

Indeed.

He's also putting pressure on Hamilton to be the threat. Mind games.

Oh, for God's sake! :o His reference to it being an opinion and not political is very obviusly a reply to Helmut Marko's recent comments, about which he was directly asked in that press conference. And yes, he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. So? Isn't he entitled to an opinion different to that of those who think Vettel is better than Hamilton?

Trying to read a double meaning in every single little comment that an F1 driver makes is going to drive all of us crazy even before the new season starts... ;)


Morgana your post I agree on :thumbup: ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
a.rellum wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana you don't have to get defensive over everything everyone says about Alonso when he talks about Hamilton or Vettel.

It is mind games. It's always mind games with these guys. Alonso knows full well saying Hamilton is his biggest threat outs pressure on Lewis to prove he is exactly that in 2013. There's nothing wrong with it and I never said Alonsonwas the bad guy for doing so.

Also we don't know he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. They are both rivals. I doubt Alonso cares about either frankly. But when he can he'll wind them up and or put pressure on them. Every top driver does that. I'd be worried if they didn't.


Laura you seem to be in denial and just probably hate Alonso for making this comment or else you wouldn't be trying too play it down as mere Political games. Why would Alonso lie if asked a question like that? You say he does it too get on Vettels nerves right?

Just accept the truth he has said i multiple times he considers Lewis too be the best and strongest competitor on the grid

Just accept it i know i might be hard as a Hamilton hater but stop lying too yourself...

Image


The picture :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
jammin78 wrote:
Vettel is the man that all drivers on the grid are looking to beat right now, or at least he should be. Focusing on anyone else other than the lead driver in the top team would just be silly. Always aim for the top (i.e. where Seb sits)


Not really jam, Kimi, Jenson and Lewis are champions so all should be watched.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
Image
Image

:)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5540
morgana wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana, you always get over defensive regarding Alonso. For the slightest thing.

There was nothing wrong with what he said and why he perhaps said it. It's all part of F1. There was no need for you to jump in and defend him because no one was attacking him. Alonso isn't the bane of the forum anymore.

That is your opinion; I disagree with it. And since I don't think that the other forumers would be interested in dicussing me in this thread, I will leave it there.

As for Alonso no longer being the bane of this forum, I'd say that he very much still plays that role for certain people. I'd suggest that you review some of the posts dated last November.

Finally, I don't think that the forum would have gone into meltdown had Alonso said that he thinks his strongest rival is Vettel; I would certainly have not given it any more relevance than I give him thinking that it is Hamilton. And I would not have claimed "mind games" either. As I said, he is entitled to having an opinion and expressing it, particularly if directly asked about it.

To be fair I can see where Laura comes from. I'm sure if I looked through your posting history I'd find some posts of yours that aren't defending Alonso but I wouldn't say they are common... It's like it's your life mission ;)

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Rosberg - Bottas


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 1087
a.rellum wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana you don't have to get defensive over everything everyone says about Alonso when he talks about Hamilton or Vettel.

It is mind games. It's always mind games with these guys. Alonso knows full well saying Hamilton is his biggest threat outs pressure on Lewis to prove he is exactly that in 2013. There's nothing wrong with it and I never said Alonsonwas the bad guy for doing so.

Also we don't know he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. They are both rivals. I doubt Alonso cares about either frankly. But when he can he'll wind them up and or put pressure on them. Every top driver does that. I'd be worried if they didn't.


Laura you seem to be in denial and just probably hate Alonso for making this comment or else you wouldn't be trying too play it down as mere Political games. Why would Alonso lie if asked a question like that? You say he does it too get on Vettels nerves right?

Just accept the truth he has said i multiple times he considers Lewis too be the best and strongest competitor on the grid


Nope, Alonso is definitely playing mind games.

Seriously - how can anyone find his comments about Lewis believable? Not because Hamilton isn't good - he is extremely good, extremely strong, and extremely fast - but because...

Fernando Alonso said it.

This is the guy that couldn't stop taking digs at Lewis and McLaren right through to 2010 Valencia - where his grudge culminated in ruining his own race. It was only after that we got the love fest going. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 849
Location: Qart-Hadast
bourbon19 wrote:
a.rellum wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana you don't have to get defensive over everything everyone says about Alonso when he talks about Hamilton or Vettel.

It is mind games. It's always mind games with these guys. Alonso knows full well saying Hamilton is his biggest threat outs pressure on Lewis to prove he is exactly that in 2013. There's nothing wrong with it and I never said Alonsonwas the bad guy for doing so.

Also we don't know he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. They are both rivals. I doubt Alonso cares about either frankly. But when he can he'll wind them up and or put pressure on them. Every top driver does that. I'd be worried if they didn't.


Laura you seem to be in denial and just probably hate Alonso for making this comment or else you wouldn't be trying too play it down as mere Political games. Why would Alonso lie if asked a question like that? You say he does it too get on Vettels nerves right?

Just accept the truth he has said i multiple times he considers Lewis too be the best and strongest competitor on the grid


Nope, Alonso is definitely playing mind games.

Seriously - how can anyone find his comments about Lewis believable? Not because Hamilton isn't good - he is extremely good, extremely strong, and extremely fast - but because...

Fernando Alonso said it.

This is the guy that couldn't stop taking digs at Lewis and McLaren right through to 2010 Valencia - where his grudge culminated in ruining his own race. It was only after that we got the love fest going. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...

WTF


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
diablof1 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Vettel is the man that all drivers on the grid are looking to beat right now, or at least he should be. Focusing on anyone else other than the lead driver in the top team would just be silly. Always aim for the top (i.e. where Seb sits)


Not really jam, Kimi, Jenson and Lewis are champions so all should be watched.

They should all be watched yes, but the man to beat right now (hint, RIGHT NOW) should be Vettel, the man who's bagged 3 consecutive world championships. Of course beat Kimi, I want all 21 drivers to beat him, and beat Hami, Button, Nando, but Vettel's the main man at the moment. If I wanted to beat one person right now as a driver, I'd want to beat the triple champ, it's worth the most kudos. Well, thats what I think anyway.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 4765
Location: Ireland
bourbon19 wrote:
This is the guy that couldn't stop taking digs at Lewis and McLaren right through to 2010 Valencia - where his grudge culminated in ruining his own race. It was only after that we got the love fest going. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...

How so? Should Alonso have overtaken the Safety Car as well?

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 849
Location: Qart-Hadast
mcdo wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
This is the guy that couldn't stop taking digs at Lewis and McLaren right through to 2010 Valencia - where his grudge culminated in ruining his own race. It was only after that we got the love fest going. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...

How so? Should Alonso have overtaken the Safety Car as well?
Let's not retake Europe and UK 2010 please. The stewards covered themselves in glory in those two races.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm
Posts: 668
Covalent wrote:
morgana wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana, you always get over defensive regarding Alonso. For the slightest thing.

There was nothing wrong with what he said and why he perhaps said it. It's all part of F1. There was no need for you to jump in and defend him because no one was attacking him. Alonso isn't the bane of the forum anymore.

That is your opinion; I disagree with it. And since I don't think that the other forumers would be interested in dicussing me in this thread, I will leave it there.

As for Alonso no longer being the bane of this forum, I'd say that he very much still plays that role for certain people. I'd suggest that you review some of the posts dated last November.

Finally, I don't think that the forum would have gone into meltdown had Alonso said that he thinks his strongest rival is Vettel; I would certainly have not given it any more relevance than I give him thinking that it is Hamilton. And I would not have claimed "mind games" either. As I said, he is entitled to having an opinion and expressing it, particularly if directly asked about it.

To be fair I can see where Laura comes from. I'm sure if I looked through your posting history I'd find some posts of yours that aren't defending Alonso but I wouldn't say they are common... It's like it's your life mission ;)

Well, since you want to discuss it, I'll have a go at explaining my position :)

I have gone into my profile and checked how active I am in this forum: 0.23 posts per day on average. I don't think that with such low activity it can be said that defending Alonso is my life mission! Particularly as some other forumers here, who are far more active and far more vocal in defending and praising their favourite driver - and who do not limit their activity to this forum but cover other forums as well -, would merit such description with far more basis, and I would not steal such honour from them. ;)

I often find myself in a defensive position when it comes to Alonso for two reason. The first one is that there is a group of forumers who hold a major grudge against the guy for some real or supposed offenses that either them or their favourite drivers have received from Alonso and are constantly attacking him; I usually ignore such attacks, but sometimes I react to negate certain assertions that are quite often plainly non-factual, and in other cases gross misinterpretations or speculations presented as facts (and taken by some as such). Those forumers are definitely a minority, but I must say that they are very vocal!

The second reason is more numerical oriented: haven't you realised that we have surprisingly few Alonso supporters in this forum? As you know, because you have been around for a long time, that didn't use to be the case; I can tell you that at least some, with which I am still in touch, left this forum because they were tired and bored of the constant demonisation of Alonso and his supporters in PF1 (which by the way, and before anyone makes the point, is not something that a mod team can easily control). That has left very few of us to stand up for the guy when he is unfairly trashed, so obviously we get noticed, even if we are far from frequent posters.

Finally, two comments: when you go through my profile, please look also for posts in which I have attacked any driver other than the ones I support, and then do the same with some other profiles with which I usually engage in discussions (I'll make it easier for you, Laura is not one of them ;) ). Also, I will continue defending Alonso when I feel that he is unfairly attacked (some habits are hard to part with! :D ), partly because I like the guy and partly because I deeply dislike those who hide behind the anonimity of internet to pour their vitrol against others, in this case drivers. But if you (or any other forumer) ever see me being unnecessarily rude or harsh to others please let me know, because I'll be more than happy to apologise for my rudeness. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Sydney, Australia
morgana wrote:
Covalent wrote:
morgana wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana, you always get over defensive regarding Alonso. For the slightest thing.

There was nothing wrong with what he said and why he perhaps said it. It's all part of F1. There was no need for you to jump in and defend him because no one was attacking him. Alonso isn't the bane of the forum anymore.

That is your opinion; I disagree with it. And since I don't think that the other forumers would be interested in dicussing me in this thread, I will leave it there.

As for Alonso no longer being the bane of this forum, I'd say that he very much still plays that role for certain people. I'd suggest that you review some of the posts dated last November.

Finally, I don't think that the forum would have gone into meltdown had Alonso said that he thinks his strongest rival is Vettel; I would certainly have not given it any more relevance than I give him thinking that it is Hamilton. And I would not have claimed "mind games" either. As I said, he is entitled to having an opinion and expressing it, particularly if directly asked about it.

To be fair I can see where Laura comes from. I'm sure if I looked through your posting history I'd find some posts of yours that aren't defending Alonso but I wouldn't say they are common... It's like it's your life mission ;)

Well, since you want to discuss it, I'll have a go at explaining my position :)

I have gone into my profile and checked how active I am in this forum: 0.23 posts per day on average. I don't think that with such low activity it can be said that defending Alonso is my life mission! Particularly as some other forumers here, who are far more active and far more vocal in defending and praising their favourite driver - and who do not limit their activity to this forum but cover other forums as well -, would merit such description with far more basis, and I would not steal such honour from them. ;)

I often find myself in a defensive position when it comes to Alonso for two reason. The first one is that there is a group of forumers who hold a major grudge against the guy for some real or supposed offenses that either them or their favourite drivers have received from Alonso and are constantly attacking him; I usually ignore such attacks, but sometimes I react to negate certain assertions that are quite often plainly non-factual, and in other cases gross misinterpretations or speculations presented as facts (and taken by some as such). Those forumers are definitely a minority, but I must say that they are very vocal!

The second reason is more numerical oriented: haven't you realised that we have surprisingly few Alonso supporters in this forum? As you know, because you have been around for a long time, that didn't use to be the case; I can tell you that at least some, with which I am still in touch, left this forum because they were tired and bored of the constant demonisation of Alonso and his supporters in PF1 (which by the way, and before anyone makes the point, is not something that a mod team can easily control). That has left very few of us to stand up for the guy when he is unfairly trashed, so obviously we get noticed, even if we are far from frequent posters.

Finally, two comments: when you go through my profile, please look also for posts in which I have attacked any driver other than the ones I support, and then do the same with some other profiles with which I usually engage in discussions (I'll make it easier for you, Laura is not one of them ;) ). Also, I will continue defending Alonso when I feel that he is unfairly attacked (some habits are hard to part with! :D ), partly because I like the guy and partly because I deeply dislike those who hide behind the anonimity of internet to pour their vitrol against others, in this case drivers. But if you (or any other forumer) ever see me being unnecessarily rude or harsh to others please let me know, because I'll be more than happy to apologise for my rudeness. :)

:thumbup: Thank you Morgana. I don't know why Laura feels that you always jump in to defend any slight against Fernando as I have always found that you only do it when certain threads get too carried away with their criticism of Alonso & you do it in a reasonable manner with facts & links that can be followed up rather than the usual speculation that a lot of others state as fact. This has been one of the reasons that I haven't bothered to defend Alonso in some threads as you tend to do it better than I think I might have as I sometimes can get rather emotional about the criticism & BS that goes on in this forum.

Apart from that, this is the official Fernando Alonso thread which is supposed to be for fans & others that appreciate him & not for anyone to pour criticism on him or his fans. I think that people need to understand that. Sorry if that upsets anyone but that is my 2 cents worth :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
DrG wrote:
morgana wrote:
Covalent wrote:
morgana wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana, you always get over defensive regarding Alonso. For the slightest thing.

There was nothing wrong with what he said and why he perhaps said it. It's all part of F1. There was no need for you to jump in and defend him because no one was attacking him. Alonso isn't the bane of the forum anymore.

That is your opinion; I disagree with it. And since I don't think that the other forumers would be interested in dicussing me in this thread, I will leave it there.

As for Alonso no longer being the bane of this forum, I'd say that he very much still plays that role for certain people. I'd suggest that you review some of the posts dated last November.

Finally, I don't think that the forum would have gone into meltdown had Alonso said that he thinks his strongest rival is Vettel; I would certainly have not given it any more relevance than I give him thinking that it is Hamilton. And I would not have claimed "mind games" either. As I said, he is entitled to having an opinion and expressing it, particularly if directly asked about it.

To be fair I can see where Laura comes from. I'm sure if I looked through your posting history I'd find some posts of yours that aren't defending Alonso but I wouldn't say they are common... It's like it's your life mission ;)

Well, since you want to discuss it, I'll have a go at explaining my position :)

I have gone into my profile and checked how active I am in this forum: 0.23 posts per day on average. I don't think that with such low activity it can be said that defending Alonso is my life mission! Particularly as some other forumers here, who are far more active and far more vocal in defending and praising their favourite driver - and who do not limit their activity to this forum but cover other forums as well -, would merit such description with far more basis, and I would not steal such honour from them. ;)

I often find myself in a defensive position when it comes to Alonso for two reason. The first one is that there is a group of forumers who hold a major grudge against the guy for some real or supposed offenses that either them or their favourite drivers have received from Alonso and are constantly attacking him; I usually ignore such attacks, but sometimes I react to negate certain assertions that are quite often plainly non-factual, and in other cases gross misinterpretations or speculations presented as facts (and taken by some as such). Those forumers are definitely a minority, but I must say that they are very vocal!

The second reason is more numerical oriented: haven't you realised that we have surprisingly few Alonso supporters in this forum? As you know, because you have been around for a long time, that didn't use to be the case; I can tell you that at least some, with which I am still in touch, left this forum because they were tired and bored of the constant demonisation of Alonso and his supporters in PF1 (which by the way, and before anyone makes the point, is not something that a mod team can easily control). That has left very few of us to stand up for the guy when he is unfairly trashed, so obviously we get noticed, even if we are far from frequent posters.

Finally, two comments: when you go through my profile, please look also for posts in which I have attacked any driver other than the ones I support, and then do the same with some other profiles with which I usually engage in discussions (I'll make it easier for you, Laura is not one of them ;) ). Also, I will continue defending Alonso when I feel that he is unfairly attacked (some habits are hard to part with! :D ), partly because I like the guy and partly because I deeply dislike those who hide behind the anonimity of internet to pour their vitrol against others, in this case drivers. But if you (or any other forumer) ever see me being unnecessarily rude or harsh to others please let me know, because I'll be more than happy to apologise for my rudeness. :)

:thumbup: Thank you Morgana. I don't know why Laura feels that you always jump in to defend any slight against Fernando as I have always found that you only do it when certain threads get too carried away with their criticism of Alonso & you do it in a reasonable manner with facts & links that can be followed up rather than the usual speculation that a lot of others state as fact. This has been one of the reasons that I haven't bothered to defend Alonso in some threads as you tend to do it better than I think I might have as I sometimes can get rather emotional about the criticism & BS that goes on in this forum.

Apart from that, this is the official Fernando Alonso thread which is supposed to be for fans & others that appreciate him & not for anyone to pour criticism on him or his fans. I think that people need to understand that. Sorry if that upsets anyone but that is my 2 cents worth :)

:thumbup: good points well made.... maybe Laura will let it go now ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 709
I just wana say that I'm glad Alonso's thread is picking up. He totally deserves it, and better late than never


I also hope that non Alonso fans respect this thread and Alonso fans' feelings when it comes to criticizing the driver. Even "if they back it up with facts"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Sydney, Australia
After the slight negativity that we have had on this thread I thought that I would post something positive. I have just returned from a 10 day holiday to Phuket in Thailand with my eldest sister & brother-in-law which included my 55th birthday. Before we went on holiday my husband hinted that he had ordered me a birthday present that I would really like. When I returned on Tuesday he had to tell me (rather disappointedly) that my present hadn't arrived yet but, it did today &, when I opened it, it was a signed Fernando Alonso cap from the official Ferrari website. I am not the sort of person that collects a lot of racing paraphenalia but I am extremely happy to add it to the collection of my Jeff Gordon NASCAR cap, my Valentino Rossi MotoGP cap, my Michael Schumacher Ferrari cap & the minature of Michael's first WDC Ferrari F1 car. My husband has spent 2 years searching for a Fernando Alonso/Ferrari cap that he thought I would like & he finally found it just in time for my birthday this year. Gotta love him :nod: :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
DrG wrote:
After the slight negativity that we have had on this thread I thought that I would post something positive. I have just returned from a 10 day holiday to Phuket in Thailand with my eldest sister & brother-in-law which included my 55th birthday. Before we went on holiday my husband hinted that he had ordered me a birthday present that I would really like. When I returned on Tuesday he had to tell me (rather disappointedly) that my present hadn't arrived yet but, it did today &, when I opened it, it was a signed Fernando Alonso cap from the official Ferrari website. I am not the sort of person that collects a lot of racing paraphenalia but I am extremely happy to add it to the collection of my Jeff Gordon NASCAR cap, my Valentino Rossi MotoGP cap, my Michael Schumacher Ferrari cap & the minature of Michael's first WDC Ferrari F1 car. My husband has spent 2 years searching for a Fernando Alonso/Ferrari cap that he thought I would like & he finally found it just in time for my birthday this year. Gotta love him :nod: :D

Fantastic !! lucky u.... i am going to try and get my cap signed at Barcelona this year :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
diablof1 wrote:
Image
Image

:)

Got to say, those noses look so ugly looking back now. The wings are ridiculously better looking, but if they had 2012's Macca nose, they would be incredible.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
jammin78 wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
Image
Image

:)

Got to say, those noses look so ugly looking back now. The wings are ridiculously better looking, but if they had 2012's Macca nose, they would be incredible.

yeah the rear wing is so miles better !! but get rid of the cow horns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 2412
diablof1 wrote:
a.rellum wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana you don't have to get defensive over everything everyone says about Alonso when he talks about Hamilton or Vettel.

It is mind games. It's always mind games with these guys. Alonso knows full well saying Hamilton is his biggest threat outs pressure on Lewis to prove he is exactly that in 2013. There's nothing wrong with it and I never said Alonsonwas the bad guy for doing so.

Also we don't know he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. They are both rivals. I doubt Alonso cares about either frankly. But when he can he'll wind them up and or put pressure on them. Every top driver does that. I'd be worried if they didn't.


Laura you seem to be in denial and just probably hate Alonso for making this comment or else you wouldn't be trying too play it down as mere Political games. Why would Alonso lie if asked a question like that? You say he does it too get on Vettels nerves right?

Just accept the truth he has said i multiple times he considers Lewis too be the best and strongest competitor on the grid

Just accept it i know i might be hard as a Hamilton hater but stop lying too yourself...

Image


The picture :lol:

I really like Alonso... more so after '07 (Ron's as big a sugarplum as they come). Well, if he considers Lewis as the toughest competitor out there, that would explain why he lost to Seb in 2 deciders.

_________________
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
chican wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
a.rellum wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Morgana you don't have to get defensive over everything everyone says about Alonso when he talks about Hamilton or Vettel.

It is mind games. It's always mind games with these guys. Alonso knows full well saying Hamilton is his biggest threat outs pressure on Lewis to prove he is exactly that in 2013. There's nothing wrong with it and I never said Alonsonwas the bad guy for doing so.

Also we don't know he likes Hamilton better than Vettel. They are both rivals. I doubt Alonso cares about either frankly. But when he can he'll wind them up and or put pressure on them. Every top driver does that. I'd be worried if they didn't.


Laura you seem to be in denial and just probably hate Alonso for making this comment or else you wouldn't be trying too play it down as mere Political games. Why would Alonso lie if asked a question like that? You say he does it too get on Vettels nerves right?

Just accept the truth he has said i multiple times he considers Lewis too be the best and strongest competitor on the grid


Nope, Alonso is definitely playing mind games.

Seriously - how can anyone find his comments about Lewis believable? Not because Hamilton isn't good - he is extremely good, extremely strong, and extremely fast - but because...

Fernando Alonso said it.

This is the guy that couldn't stop taking digs at Lewis and McLaren right through to 2010 Valencia - where his grudge culminated in ruining his own race. It was only after that we got the love fest going. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out...


:uhoh:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
DrG wrote:
After the slight negativity that we have had on this thread I thought that I would post something positive. I have just returned from a 10 day holiday to Phuket in Thailand with my eldest sister & brother-in-law which included my 55th birthday. Before we went on holiday my husband hinted that he had ordered me a birthday present that I would really like. When I returned on Tuesday he had to tell me (rather disappointedly) that my present hadn't arrived yet but, it did today &, when I opened it, it was a signed Fernando Alonso cap from the official Ferrari website. I am not the sort of person that collects a lot of racing paraphenalia but I am extremely happy to add it to the collection of my Jeff Gordon NASCAR cap, my Valentino Rossi MotoGP cap, my Michael Schumacher Ferrari cap & the minature of Michael's first WDC Ferrari F1 car. My husband has spent 2 years searching for a Fernando Alonso/Ferrari cap that he thought I would like & he finally found it just in time for my birthday this year. Gotta love him :nod: :D


:thumbup:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
Image

Alonso karting at wrooom..
i'm trying to learn how to put pics in a post... hope it works :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am
Posts: 1006
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
callMEcrazy wrote:
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.

No..... but i know Fernando Won the Wrooom 2013 Karting :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am
Posts: 1006
A2jdl wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.

No..... but i know Fernando Won the Wrooom 2013 Karting :D


ya I found that out from Autosport but I can't find the details anywhere. I mean how many guys took part in that race (or 2 races as I understand it) ? what were the exact finishing orders ?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1361
callMEcrazy wrote:
A2jdl wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.

No..... but i know Fernando Won the Wrooom 2013 Karting :D


ya I found that out from Autosport but I can't find the details anywhere. I mean how many guys took part in that race (or 2 races as I understand it) ? what were the exact finishing orders ?

just had a look and the winner was .....Jules Bianchi !! maybe he will get the drive at FI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
A2jdl wrote:
Image

Alonso karting at wrooom..
i'm trying to learn how to put pics in a post... hope it works :lol:


:nod:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
By Jonathan Noble

Quote:
Fernando Alonso bounced back from a collision with team-mate Felipe Massa to triumph in the ice kart race at Ferrari's Wrooom event at Madonna di Campiglio on Friday.

The Spaniard had qualified second behind poleman Massa in the annual event, in which Ferrari Formula 1 racers and test drivers compete against Ducati MotoGP riders on a frozen lake.

Alonso's hopes of victory appeared over on lap two when he was spun around after a clash with Massa as they fought for the lead.

But Alonso staged a brilliant recovery - helped by a number of incidents ahead, including Massa spinning – and took victory on the last lap from MotoGP rider Andrea Dovizioso.

In the second heat, which featured a reverse grid, Alonso charged through from the back to hit the front with a decisive move past early leader Nicky Hayden.

Alonso's two victories secured him the maximum 50 points in the final classification, ahead of Giancarlo Fisichella and Massa.


http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/105190

Image
:lol:

_________________
Image


Last edited by diablof1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 633
Location: England
callMEcrazy wrote:
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.


http://www.desafiodasestrelas.com.br/resultados/124.pdf - Race 1

http://www.desafiodasestrelas.com.br/resultados/131.pdf - Race 2

_________________
Guess the Pole Position time/driver 2013!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am
Posts: 1006
Moore wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
Does anyone know the results of Massa's annual karting event ? Fernando was supposed to take part in it, along with few other F1 drivers.


http://www.desafiodasestrelas.com.br/resultados/124.pdf - Race 1

http://www.desafiodasestrelas.com.br/resultados/131.pdf - Race 2


Thank you. :thumbup:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
diablof1 wrote:
By Jonathan Noble

Quote:
Fernando Alonso bounced back from a collision with team-mate Felipe Massa to triumph in the ice kart race at Ferrari's Wrooom event at Madonna di Campiglio on Friday.

The Spaniard had qualified second behind poleman Massa in the annual event, in which Ferrari Formula 1 racers and test drivers compete against Ducati MotoGP riders on a frozen lake.

Alonso's hopes of victory appeared over on lap two when he was spun around after a clash with Massa as they fought for the lead.

But Alonso staged a brilliant recovery - helped by a number of incidents ahead, including Massa spinning – and took victory on the last lap from MotoGP rider Andrea Dovizioso.

In the second heat, which featured a reverse grid, Alonso charged through from the back to hit the front with a decisive move past early leader Nicky Hayden.

Alonso's two victories secured him the maximum 50 points in the final classification, ahead of Giancarlo Fisichella and Massa.


http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/105190

Image
:lol:

:thumbup:
"I may be willing to support your title bid... but I'm not willing to give you the chance to have one."

Gotta love the Nando. Even in a kart race he's tenacious.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm
Posts: 668
jammin78 wrote:
"I may be willing to support your title bid... but I'm not willing to give you the chance to have one."

Gotta love the Nando. Even in a kart race he's tenacious.

Perfectly said! Now give me the name of one top F1 driver who would not abide by such statement ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
morgana wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
"I may be willing to support your title bid... but I'm not willing to give you the chance to have one."

Gotta love the Nando. Even in a kart race he's tenacious.

Perfectly said! Now give me the name of one top F1 driver who would not abide by such statement ;)


:lol:

Past top f1 driver Alain Prost
Current top f1 driver Jenson and Kimi? ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
Image

:o

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 pm
Posts: 379
Old news but interesting

Quote:
LEWIS HAMILTON admits he has finally buried the hatchet with Fernando Alonso.

The two fell out in spectacular style when they were team-mates at McLaren in 2007.

It resulted in the brilliant Spaniard quitting his three-year deal early to re-join Renault in 2008.

The row stemmed from both drivers accusing the other of receiving preferential treatment.

But Alonso 31, has now mellowed and insists Hamilton is still his biggest rival - despite Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel being crowned a three-time world champ.

And that flattery has been appreciated by the Brit, 28, who says he too has learned from his fiery past.

Hamilton said: “For me it’s nice to have positive comments from Fernando. I’ve always regarded him highly.

“It’s just a real pleasure to see us moving forward, growing and having mutual respect for one another.

“I feel the same about him. He has done a phenomenal job for years. To have a car to compete with him again would be pretty exciting.

“A lot of stuff just got in the way of us back in 2007 and we said a lot of things in the heat of the moment. We talk a lot more now.

“Back then, I was grateful to have been given the position but thought, give me the same treatment and you’ll see what happens.

“Now I just say I don’t want any preferential treatment. I just want the same opportunity. To show what I can do.”

Hamilton has wasted no time in trying to ensure that his racing career with Mercedes gets off to a flying start.

He spent last week working with the team’s engineers and making changes to the cockpit of his new car following his £60million switch from McLaren.

He added: “So far I’ve come in and had to listen and ask a ton of questions.

“The differences I have been able to make have been in my cockpit, changing the centre of gravity to save a bit of weight.

“And there is a new steering wheel we will be working on throughout the year for next year.

“Every decision is a bit of a gamble. I could have stayed and just kept on winning races at McLaren.

“Even McLaren has had tough years, though.

“With a lot of work, persistence and teamwork, things do rise through the fog. I’m hoping that this team will do that.”


http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... lonso.html

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:29 pm
Posts: 4691
Location: u.k
I don't think that Alonso ever had that much of a problem with Hamilton in the first place. He had more of a problem with Dennis and McLaren

_________________
Formula Mercedes

Forza Alonso


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngusWolfe, Exediron, Google Adsense [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group