It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:56 pm 

Fernando has 2 more titles in him, yet ferrari still ruin his chances :-((

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm 

nowhereman wrote:
Lots of Ferrari haters are awful quiet today.
The Massa critics are running away hiding under rocks.
Ferrari will put their stamp on this race with authority.
Both cars will be set up just fine for each driver and both will shine during the race.
This is the end of that damn finger of Vettel's.
I'd like to break it off and shove it up his exhaust.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I honestly believe you might have jinxed the Ferrari race today :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm 

Totally gutted Alonso never finished today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 am 

RunningMan wrote:
nowhereman wrote:
Lots of Ferrari haters are awful quiet today.
The Massa critics are running away hiding under rocks.
Ferrari will put their stamp on this race with authority.
Both cars will be set up just fine for each driver and both will shine during the race.
This is the end of that damn finger of Vettel's.
I'd like to break it off and shove it up his exhaust.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I honestly believe you might have jinxed the Ferrari race today :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 am 

I do like seeing Alonso suffer misfortune, it happens so rarely. Especially when it's all his own doing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 am 

Im inclined to think that Alonso might have took the fight to red bull yesterday, probably even win the race.

On the other hand, results show that Massa is only able to finish 5th.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:33 pm 

ottostreet wrote:
I do like seeing Alonso suffer misfortune, it happens so rarely. Especially when it's all his own doing.

And it happens so rarely because it's hardly ever his own doing

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:32 pm 

Well was good to see him drive a great race and win today just what the doctor ordered. :D
Hopefully will have more of the same next weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:59 pm 

Masterful drive by Alonso today. Did all the right things at the right time. Lets see if he can repeat this performance in Bahrain.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 pm 

Great Win Today :thumbup:

Hopefully he can get it to the podium again in Bahrain

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 pm 

Just like last year, it seems that Alonso is one of the first drivers to get on top of these tyres. He had good pace at the end of all stints, while his team mates times dropped off due to graining.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 pm 

TheThirdTenor wrote:
Just like last year, it seems that Alonso is one of the first drivers to get on top of these tyres. He had good pace at the end of all stints, while his team mates times dropped off due to graining.

You're absolutely right. He did very well in the first half of last year because he was the first to understand how to use the tyres.

This year, he needs to buildup a strong enough lead and then hope that Ferrari continues to develop the car strongly by the time RBR and Vettel get the tyres figured out. It wouldn't take too long.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:20 pm 

rawsushi wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
He did very well in the first half of last year because he was the first to understand how to use the tyres.

That doesn't explain the strategy chocolate fudge cake up at Montreal, and arguably Silverstone as well, which ultimately cost him the title.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:36 pm 

GingerFurball wrote:
rawsushi wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:
He did very well in the first half of last year because he was the first to understand how to use the tyres.

That doesn't explain the strategy chocolate fudge cake up at Montreal, and arguably Silverstone as well, which ultimately cost him the title.

I'd prefer it if you didn't misquote me. Thanks.

Obviously in hindsight he and the team picked the wrong strategy in Montreal. 2 stop was the way to go, but he was making the tyres last well as we saw in the first stint where he jumped Vettel.

Silverstone was again a case of wrong strategy. They should have used the options at the start of the race. Understandable though given the lack of dry running all weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:02 pm 

TheThirdTenor wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:
rawsushi wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:

I'd prefer it if you didn't misquote me. Thanks.

Obviously in hindsight he and the team picked the wrong strategy in Montreal. 2 stop was the way to go, but he was making the tyres last well as we saw in the first stint where he jumped Vettel.

Silverstone was again a case of wrong strategy. They should have used the options at the start of the race. Understandable though given the lack of dry running all weekend.

The options were awful in Silverstone. They gambled on it raining and then they wouldn't have to touch them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:58 am 

It's been a very long time since Alonso was able to cruise to a dominant win like that.

First time I've been comfortable watching Alonso in the lead since 2007 I think. Or maybe the 2011 Silverstone anomaly.

His decisiveness in overtaking was key. Those Turn 13 overtakes on Hulk & Vettel (followed by him being able to open a gap with the DRS) were great.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:27 pm 

mcdo wrote:
It's been a very long time since Alonso was able to cruise to a dominant win like that.

First time I've been comfortable watching Alonso in the lead since 2007 I think. Or maybe the 2011 Silverstone anomaly.

His decisiveness in overtaking was key. Those Turn 13 overtakes on Hulk & Vettel (followed by him being able to open a gap with the DRS) were great.

Wasn't Vettel ahead/very close in Silverstone 2011 until his botched pitstop? But how about 2010? The Ferrari was pretty good back then.

And yes, it's been quite some time. Last year he had much faster Sauber closing on him in Malaysia, much faster RBR and Lotus in Valencia and the Red Bull, Ferrari and Macca were pretty closely matched in Germany.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:34 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Wasn't Vettel ahead/very close in Silverstone 2011 until his botched pitstop? But how about 2010? The Ferrari was pretty good back then.

And yes, it's been quite some time. Last year he had much faster Sauber closing on him in Malaysia, much faster RBR and Lotus in Valencia and the Red Bull, Ferrari and Macca were pretty closely matched in Germany.

Even in 2010 I couldn't sit back and comfortably watch him lead a race. Monza might have been the only time I thought he definitely had the race in the bag (even when he was behind Button) but Button was still a constant threat. Hockenheim 2010 maybe, but it's not like he cruised to a dominant victory there...

I was nervous as hell watching Korea & I think I lost weight watching Singapore. Bahrain was a comfortable win only after Vettel picked up problems, it was the first race of the year and I kept thinking anything could go wrong.

FA#14

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm 

This is fernandos year got a good feeling :)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:32 am 

What's the overall feeling here? Is he on for the win?

I reckon the Bulls in qualy but Ferrari in the race. And Lotus... well I still can't figure out where they stand!

Fernando has traditionally run well in Barcelona with disreputable cars, the time he won (2006) was when he had the dominant car. It's a good omen if he does it this weekend :) .

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am 

mcdo wrote:

I reckon the Bulls in qualy but Ferrari in the race. And Lotus... well I still can't figure out where they stand!

Fernando has traditionally run well in Barcelona with disreputable cars, the time he won (2006) was when he had the dominant car. It's a good omen if he does it this weekend :) .

I think you're right :) I think Vettel will get Pole, i'm hoping Alonso for the win :D especially since it's his home race, make it even more special :) i hope this is his year <3 Freddy all the way

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:09 pm 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
mcdo wrote:

I think you're right :) I think Vettel will get Pole, i'm hoping Alonso for the win :D especially since it's his home race, make it even more special :) i hope this is his year <3 Freddy all the way

WAYHEY!!!

Better savour this while it lasts, Fernando hasn't been in a car this good since 2007. 6 long all hail the mods years.

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:20 pm 

mcdo wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
mcdo wrote:

WAYHEY!!!

Better savour this while it lasts, Fernando hasn't been in a car this good since 2007. 6 long all hail the mods years.

yup. Best car he's had at Ferrari

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm 

You have to tip your hat off to Fernando: that was masterful display. That overtake past both Raikkonen and Hamilton (and this is coming from a Kimi fan) was brilliant to watch. It's driving like that, that proves his talent. He is definitely one of the best drivers F1 has ever seen. He looked totally in control all afternoon, I don't think anyone was ever going to catch him.

Vettel must be feeling nervous: Ferrari were not that much slower in qualifying and seem to have the edge on race pace at the moment. This Ferrari is definitely one of the class cars this year, and Fernando is on top form. The gauntlet has been firmly thrown down. This season is shaping up to be very good. Am very interested to see how the Ferrari goes in Monaco.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm 

Saz wrote:
Am very interested to see how the Ferrari goes in Monaco.

I think Monaco is going to be fascinating. After Friday practice I was reading (I think it was James Allen's blog) that Sector 3 in Spain is a good indicator of how well the cars will go in Monaco. The Ferrari was losing a lot of time in Sector 3, while the Mercs were picking a huge chunk of time. They may have been a disaster today but I wouldn't rule the Mercs out in Monaco.

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:35 pm 

He's the only one to win in Montmeló in dry-normal conditions starting from 3rd row. This never happened before.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:46 pm 

Good start to the year, it's all coming up Nando. Think this might be our year ladies and gents ...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm 

Alonso really needed this win. He was getting too far behind Vettel and Kimi but it has closed up a bit now. Wonderful drive ! It was great to him sprinting all the way with one more pitstop. At one point it seemed like this could turn into another Australia, where Kimi would keep his lead from doing one less stop. Thank god that didn't happen because it was quite disappointing. He needs to stay on it though. Consistency is great but its no substitute for race wins. Fernando needs a winning spree to win the title.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 pm 

Flawless drive from Fernando. Breathtaking pass on Hamilton and Kimi on the first lap and he also made short work of Nico when he closed in on him. Good to see Kimi have another strong race as well. I'm also glad that Massa raced well and was finally on the podium. I'm sure Fernando is hoping that Massa can help his campaign by getting in between his competitors, especially Vettel in the upcoming races.

Ferrari definitely seem to have an excellent car but the quali performance is still a bit worrying as being on the 2nd-3rd row of the grid at every race always makes things a lot more riskier for Alonso. All it takes is some minor contact and he could lose very valuable points in the championship fight.

Amusing to see RBR and Vettel moaning about the tyres at every opportunity. Didn't hear a peep about exhaust blown diffusers and flexi wings from them when it suited them just fine :)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:09 pm 

Massa in form is the best help that Alonso can get. If he keeps performing like this, he will take away points from his rivals. Unlike last season, when he was driving around in 14th place drinking caipirinhas.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:50 am 

GingerFurball wrote:
rawsushi wrote:
TheThirdTenor wrote:

There was an article about his driving style in a 2004 issue of F1-Racing, where it was mentioned that due to his unique turn-in style, he gets tyres upto temp faster at the front, while not being too hard on rears. Which is pretty amusing a read...mind you. It almost defies laws of physics.

Circa 2005, there was another issue comparing Kimi and Juan, where they mentioned Kimi's smoother turn in allowing for longer life of rears... He was racing on mediums for the most of the race and was pretty quick too.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm 

chican wrote:
He's the only one to win in Montmeló in dry-normal conditions starting from 3rd row. This never happened before.

Great win and even sweeter as I was there to witness it :D
Hope he can keep it up.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:34 pm 

Turbo Guaman wrote:
Massa in form is the best help that Alonso can get. If he keeps performing like this, he will take away points from his rivals. Unlike last season, when he was driving around in 14th place drinking caipirinhas.
On the ball Sunday, wasn't he? I believe there was a mention made that he did not run quite so on the pace on the hards but was as quick as anyone on the mediums (might have been the other way around, though!). Does reinforce my opinion that he is as good as anyone when the circumstances suit - just not as good when the circumstances don't. I suspect that is what separates the generally-accepted 'top four' from the remainder.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 am 

Almost Qualifying! Thoughts on Freddy's chances on quali/race? :D looks like red bull have fixed whatever problems they had with Vettel, coz he was very quick in FP3! Still hoping for a top 2 row quali position for Freddy and hopefully a win tomorrow :)

If he does win, he'll make history being the first person to win with 3 different teams & the first person to win in Monaco for Ferrari since Schumi in 2001!

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:40 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
Almost Qualifying! Thoughts on Freddy's chances on quali/race? :D looks like red bull have fixed whatever problems they had with Vettel, coz he was very quick in FP3! Still hoping for a top 2 row quali position for Freddy and hopefully a win tomorrow :)

If he does win, he'll make history being the first person to win with 3 different teams & the first person to win in Monaco for Ferrari since Schumi in 2001!

I think it's the colder temperatures helping RedBull more tbh. They're better at getting heat into the tires than the Ferrari, which might be why they have worse tire deg

I'll take anything in the top 4 today. Hopefully that and the usually Ferrari starts will give him a good shot at the podium tommorow.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 am 

well things were looking good yesterday, but today he seemed to be a bit too much off the pace for the front two rows :frown:

unless of course he was just testing things and not trying to do a qualli lap of course :D

Not long to go...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:47 am 

RunningMan wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

I think it's the colder temperatures helping RedBull more tbh. They're better at getting heat into the tires than the Ferrari, which might be why they have worse tire deg

I'll take anything in the top 4 today. Hopefully that and the usually Ferrari starts will give him a good shot at the podium tommorow.

Ahh i see, yeah i'm hoping for top 4 quali too. If it rains he might even get pole. Yeah let's hope he gets through the first corner in one piece haha

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:50 am 

A2jdl wrote:
well things were looking good yesterday, but today he seemed to be a bit too much off the pace for the front two rows :frown:

unless of course he was just testing things and not trying to do a qualli lap of course :D

Not long to go...

Haha yeah i hope the best of the ferrari is yet to come

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:18 pm 

Poor Qualifying for Alonso :( starting on the dirty side too. Looked like he just couldn't get his fronts up to temperature. I think he will have to be 4th by the end of the 1st corner if he has a decent chance for a podium.

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:41 pm 

As usual, disappointing qualy for Ferrari. The cars simply lacks one-lap speed yet again.