planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:41 am 

Too bad Kimi was faster than him :S

It seems tyre degradation won't be a big issue in this race, maybe graining.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am 

Disappointing race yesterday. To me it looked like he was trying to hard to gain a good result and when you are trying you won't do as well as if you just let it happen like how Rosberg was or even Fernando was in Spain. Ferrari and Fernando can't afford anymore poor races but there is still hope for this year.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 am 

To the Freddy fans that haven't seen this yet,

Pretty dope tribute to Ferrari by Santander, titled "Forza"

Enjoy :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jHTLugs0A

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:42 pm 

Alonso playing football Panenka style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgYFuPN_U4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hey, this one is dedicated to all those who claim that Fernando is constantly playing mind games...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8795640/Alonso-Vettel-not-out-of-reach wrote:
Alonso was full of praise for the German and his Red Bull team.

"I think he [Vettel] is doing a fantastic job in all the races," he said. "He has been nearly perfect with no down races, always performing well in qualifying and with very good races.

"Obviously I had two unlucky situations, one in Malaysia and one in Bahrain. Kimi was leading the championship and then was very close until he had two unlucky situations, one in Monaco and one in Canada which was a mixed race for him.

"Red Bull is improving really well, compared to the first part of the Championship. We need to raise our game if we want to arrive at him."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:53 pm 

chican wrote:
Hey, this one is dedicated to all those who claim that Fernando is constantly playing mind games...

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8795640/Alonso-Vettel-not-out-of-reach wrote:
Alonso was full of praise for the German and his Red Bull team.

"I think he [Vettel] is doing a fantastic job in all the races," he said. "He has been nearly perfect with no down races, always performing well in qualifying and with very good races.

"Obviously I had two unlucky situations, one in Malaysia and one in Bahrain. Kimi was leading the championship and then was very close until he had two unlucky situations, one in Monaco and one in Canada which was a mixed race for him.

"Red Bull is improving really well, compared to the first part of the Championship. We need to raise our game if we want to arrive at him."

Now, that's real playing mind games now...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:55 pm 

Prema wrote:

Yeah... on Hamilton, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:09 pm 

chican wrote:
Prema wrote:

Oh, no. On Vettel.

But now, when you mentioned it, Lewis might well be a collateral damage. Not that Alonso has ever really cared about him... but still.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:19 pm 

Got me fingers crossed for this weekend, hoping the track and temperature will help towards a good result this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:37 pm 

chican wrote:
Prema wrote:

Lmao yeah Hamilton must have hade to double take when he saw that :-P This was refreshing to see from Fernando though, Lewis was very complimentary also. Got money on Alonso for this weekend, about to say something I never thought I would.... Forza Fernando :blush:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 pm 

Really loving the moustache! It's Fernando Mansell! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
chican wrote:
Prema wrote:

Lmao yeah Hamilton must have hade to double take when he saw that :-P This was refreshing to see from Fernando though, Lewis was very complimentary also. Got money on Alonso for this weekend, about to say something I never thought I would.... Forza Fernando :blush:

:thumbup: I can get used to this :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
chican wrote:
Prema wrote:

:thumbup: I can get used to this :D

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:26 am 

A2jdl wrote:
Got me fingers crossed for this weekend, hoping the track and temperature will help towards a good result this weekend.

If it stays dry and we get no bizarre circumstances I will be shocked if Fernando doesn't win.
Just some dry weather and he's got everything he needs for victory No.3

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:30 am 

mcdo wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

If it stays dry and we get no bizarre circumstances I will be shocked if Fernando doesn't win.

Depends, if Vettel starts on pole it could be tough. If the Mercs out qualify him its gotta be Fernando's race in the dry.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Depends, if Vettel starts on pole it could be tough. If the Mercs out qualify him its gotta be Fernando's race in the dry.

Vettel can start where he wants. Oz, China and Spain are proof enough for me that Alonso has the tools to beat Vettel at Silverstone on Sunday.

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 am 

mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

Vettel can start where he wants. Oz, China and Spain are proof enough for me that Alonso has the tools to beat Vettel at Silverstone on Sunday.

If he gets caught up behind someone, Sutil at Oz, started down the grid at China, Rosberg at Spain. If he has clear air he seems unbeatable unless Alonso can start higher up the grid. I agree the Ferrari has the better race pace and can do it, but because of the Qualy pace Alonso has to spend too much time passing cars.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

If he gets caught up behind someone, Sutil at Oz, started down the grid at China, Rosberg at Spain. If he has clear air he seems unbeatable unless Alonso can start higher up the grid. I agree the Ferrari has the better race pace and can do it, but because of the Qualy pace Alonso has to spend too much time passing cars.

Tyres were the real issue for Vettel, not traffic. Alonso was unbeatable in China and Spain. Canada didn't play to the strengths of the Ferrari but had qualy been dry I believe Alonso would have started closer to Vettel and taken that victory too.

If the race on Sunday is straightforward (i.e. no rain, no Safety Cars, no crazy priests, etc.) I will be shocked if the Red Bull holds off the Ferrari. I really do believe the Ferrari is THAT good on Sunday. When we get to these "regular" circuits Lotus is the threat for victory, not Red Bull IMO.

FA#14

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:32 am 

mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Tyres were the real issue for Vettel, not traffic. Alonso was unbeatable in China and Spain. Canada didn't play to the strengths of the Ferrari but had qualy been dry I believe Alonso would have started closer to Vettel and taken that victory too.

If the race on Sunday is straightforward (i.e. no rain, no Safety Cars, no crazy priests, etc.) I will be shocked if the Red Bull holds off the Ferrari. I really do believe the Ferrari is THAT good on Sunday. When we get to these "regular" circuits Lotus is the threat for victory, not Red Bull IMO.

I see traffic very much as the problem. The Red Bull lacks the ability to overtake in the drs zones and therefore he gets stuck behind people as he cant get past. Sutil was the perfect example, or Rosberg in Spain. Alonso got past straight away into turn one where Vettel had been following in formation for many laps previous. Tyres are of course also and Alonso would have easily won in Spain, probably China too, although with a different strategy I reckon Vettel could have got a decent 2/3rd place. Oz is the one that I reckon Vettel could have built a gap had he not got stuck behind Sutil. The main problem for Red Bull is if Vettel cant clear the drs zone in time the Ferrari makes mince meat of the Red Bull in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:55 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Black_Flag_11 wrote:

I see traffic very much as the problem. The Red Bull lacks the ability to overtake in the drs zones and therefore he gets stuck behind people as he cant get past. Sutil was the perfect example, or Rosberg in Spain. Alonso got past straight away into turn one where Vettel had been following in formation for many laps previous. Tyres are of course also and Alonso would have easily won in Spain, probably China too, although with a different strategy I reckon Vettel could have got a decent 2/3rd place. Oz is the one that I reckon Vettel could have built a gap had he not got stuck behind Sutil. The main problem for Red Bull is if Vettel cant clear the drs zone in time the Ferrari makes mince meat of the Red Bull in it.

Well, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my view of the current pecking order!

FA#14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:59 pm 

Great day at the track but :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:06 pm 

In the old Spanish thread we had the perfect remedy for these situations: gin and tonic! Although it is true that it almost turned us into alcoholics in the years of the Twingo (particularly 2009)! :D

Cheer up - I still have the feeling that we will have a great race tomorrow. :nod:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 pm 

morgana wrote:
In the old Spanish thread we had the perfect remedy for these situations: gin and tonic! Although it is true that it almost turned us into alcoholics in the years of the Twingo (particularly 2009)! :D

Cheer up - I still have the feeling that we will have a great race tomorrow. :nod:

Well doing a good job of cheering up with the beer n wine. :lol: hoping he makes a good start tomorrow and does well. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:12 pm 
Feel sorry for him. The car seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Hope he can get some good points tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 am 

Glum time to be a freddy fan, ehhh? Anyway have faith in Fernando! There's a reason he's considered to be the best driver in F-1 :) He'll bring home some good points, as long as he can take some points away from Vettel, i'm sure we'll all be happy! If anyone can turn a glum qualifying position around, it's Fernando :D. BEST DRIVER IN F-1!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:14 am 

Yeh, yesterday was pretty terrible for Ferrari however it was only two tenths between himself and Di Resta in 5th. Had he been fifth I think we would be saying he is on for the win, however I don't see that happening today. The car is clearly terrible in the cold weather races which have dominated the calendar so far which hasn't helped his cause. Hopefully the warmer conditions help him today, I mean look at Valencia 2012 where he needed three tenths and ended up 11th in Quali and then in the warmer race conditions he was flying. I can't see that performance occurring today but a top 5 is really needed for the championship. There is still time to recover and if there is any man who could do that, it is Alonso. Just look at 2010 he showed us he can do it. By my calculations there is only maybe 2-4 cold races left this year (Spa, Germany, Korea and Abu Dhabi) while the rest will be more suited to the Ferrari's liking with Warm conditions, so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:42 am 

hehe guys, see the difference? ;)

Alonso: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlnWhldLMcA

and

Vettel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-UfVoIPhoY

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Vettel crashing makes no difference, he will push his RBR magic button and get those extra tenths out of nowhere in Q3 despite having crashed in one of the free practices and having low mileage.
Alonso may run as much as possible on FP, but the Ferrari won't improve at all throughout the weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:37 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Is that all what's left for Alonsofosis to be cheering about nowadays? Don't forget his eyebrows and mustache - they are awesome! What a difference!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 am 

Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Is that all what's left for Alonsofosis to be cheering about nowadays? Don't forget his eyebrows and mustache - they are awesome! What a difference!

Is that all you have to contribute to this thread?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:07 am 

morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

aha morgana forget about him. He's a Vettel fan, he's just tiddled off that his precious Vettel managed to bin the car whilst Alonso, in the exact same situation, managed to keep it on track ;)

The amount of crap alonso gets on the planetf1 forum... so much :(

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

Last edited by PrancingRocket_ on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:10 am 

chican wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Vettel crashing makes no difference, he will push his RBR magic button and get those extra tenths out of nowhere in Q3 despite having crashed in one of the free practices and having low mileage.
Alonso may run as much as possible on FP, but the Ferrari won't improve at all throughout the weekend.

haha i know, my point of posting that to the alonso thread was to display that Alonso is truly a master, i mean look at the save. Whilst In the exact same situation, the triple world champion, the youngest ever triple world champion, binned it.

I mean things like that, it just solidifies Alonso's reputation as the best driver on the grid. There is no doubt he is

- Rob Smedley

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
haha i know, my point of posting that to the alonso thread was to display that Alonso is truly a master, i mean look at the save. Whilst In the exact same situation, the triple world champion, the youngest ever triple world champion, binned it.

I mean things like that, it just solidifies Alonso's reputation as the best driver on the grid. There is no doubt he is

It is pretty much pointless. What does this video say then???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLOCEbWooU

You may feel the need to keep repeating the same opinion again again and it will not make it any more true...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 am 

I wouldnt read too much into those videos lads, both of them have incredible car control and have the ability to save or stuff that one. Brilliant save by Alonso of course but the drivers that nailed that corner without having to save it such as Chilton and VDG deserve far more praise than Alonso or Vettel when looking at these videos.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 am 

morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

If this thread is coming to such a low-class standard as to go posting the clip of Alonso's main opponent with a crash situation and then go cheering upon it "he he guys, see the difference"... then yes, Alonso's eyebrows are at least equally worthy of pointing out as to go making the difference between the two - both type of "differences" are pointless and meaningless.

Alonso is a great, superb driver. He does not need to be "glorified" by the side of his fans in this way, by posting his rival's hitting into the wall and having a "he he" giggle about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:59 am 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

aha morgana forget about him. He's a Vettel fan, he's just tiddled off that his precious Vettel managed to bin the car whilst Alonso, in the exact same situation, managed to keep it on track ;)

The amount of crap alonso gets on the planetf1 forum... so much :(

Right. That was exactly what I wondered about... Is that all what's left nowadays to you to go be so cheerful about Alonso? Look how a "precious Vettel managed to bin the car" there where Alonso did not! And then go complaining about the "amount of crap Alonso gets" on the forum.

(me being a party-pooper)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:23 am 

PacificBeach wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

If you listen to the cheering reaction of the crowd upon Alonso loosing the control over his Ferrari and "parking" it across the track, then the video tells us something.... about that crowd (that most certainly was not the fans of Alonso) and people's propensity to rejoice seeing the opponent of their favorite driver ending like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am 

Prema wrote:
PacificBeach wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

If you listen to the cheering reaction of the crowd upon Alonso loosing the control over his Ferrari and "parking" it across the track, then the video tells us something.... about that crowd (that most certainly was not the fans of Alonso) and people's propensity to rejoice seeing the opponent of their favorite driver ending like that.

Ahh so the truth is out! Cheering somebody's misfortune is the same as booing another's good fortune. Jolly good. Now I will crack another lager :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpRljhiPrs

- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:45 am 

purchville wrote:
Prema wrote:

Ahh so the truth is out! Cheering somebody's misfortune is the same as booing another's good fortune. Jolly good. Now I will crack another lager :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpRljhiPrs

You are free to make your own conclusions ("truths") as it suits you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:47 am 

Prema wrote:
morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

If this thread is coming to such a low-class standard as to go posting the clip of Alonso's main opponent with a crash situation and then go cheering upon it "he he guys, see the difference"... then yes, Alonso's eyebrows are at least equally worthy of pointing out as to go making the difference between the two - both type of "differences" are pointless and meaningless.

Alonso is a great, superb driver. He does not need to be "glorified" by the side of his fans in this way, by posting his rival's hitting into the wall and having a "he he" giggle about it.

I have to say that yours is not exactly a mature and intelligent way of raising the level of this thread/forum. Did you really have to pick just that one post you disliked and reply to it, instead of focusing on others which you would find more interesting and OT?