planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:09 am 

morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
If this thread is coming to such a low-class standard as to go posting the clip of Alonso's main opponent with a crash situation and then go cheering upon it "he he guys, see the difference"... then yes, Alonso's eyebrows are at least equally worthy of pointing out as to go making the difference between the two - both type of "differences" are pointless and meaningless.

Alonso is a great, superb driver. He does not need to be "glorified" by the side of his fans in this way, by posting his rival's hitting into the wall and having a "he he" giggle about it.

I have to say that yours is not exactly a mature and intelligent way of raising the level of this thread/forum. Fascinating that you pick just that one post and reply to it, instead of focusing on other which you would find more interesting and OT.

It was but a coincidence that I have looked into this thread as I usually avoid official threads of whoever driver, out of exactly these obvious reasons.

Well, I better try harder next time, and keep avoiding.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:03 pm 

Quote:
:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:16 pm 

chican wrote:
Quote:
:thumbup:

... yes, yes, I'm going, I'm going... :(
and no, I won't forget to close the door behind me...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:25 pm 

Prema wrote:
PacificBeach wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
haha i know, my point of posting that to the alonso thread was to display that Alonso is truly a master, i mean look at the save. Whilst In the exact same situation, the triple world champion, the youngest ever triple world champion, binned it.

I mean things like that, it just solidifies Alonso's reputation as the best driver on the grid. There is no doubt he is

It is pretty much pointless. What does this video say then???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLOCEbWooU

If you listen to the cheering reaction of the crowd upon Alonso loosing the control over his Ferrari and "parking" it across the track, then the video tells us something.... about that crowd (that most certainly was not the fans of Alonso) and people's propensity to rejoice seeing the opponent of their favorite driver ending like that.

There was a good cheer when vettel parked his car. The crowd went mad loved it. Good result me thinks. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:30 pm 

This was a good result with a poor performance.

Ferrari have to improve. They got lucky today with Vettel's retirement but on pure pace Red Bull and perhaps even Mercedes are ahead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:45 pm 

A2jdl wrote:
Prema wrote:
PacificBeach wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:
haha i know, my point of posting that to the alonso thread was to display that Alonso is truly a master, i mean look at the save. Whilst In the exact same situation, the triple world champion, the youngest ever triple world champion, binned it.

I mean things like that, it just solidifies Alonso's reputation as the best driver on the grid. There is no doubt he is

It is pretty much pointless. What does this video say then???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLOCEbWooU

If you listen to the cheering reaction of the crowd upon Alonso loosing the control over his Ferrari and "parking" it across the track, then the video tells us something.... about that crowd (that most certainly was not the fans of Alonso) and people's propensity to rejoice seeing the opponent of their favorite driver ending like that.

There was a good cheer when vettel parked his car. The crowd went mad loved it. Good result me thinks. :D

Yes. Just as the crowd cheered upon Alonso's misfortune before, they have done so to Vettel today. Next time it will be someone else's turn to get cheered about.

The unhappiness of some people is the happiness of others. Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:08 am 

Prema wrote:
morgana wrote:
Prema wrote:
PrancingRocket_ wrote:

Is that all what's left for Alonsofosis to be cheering about nowadays? Don't forget his eyebrows and mustache - they are awesome! What a difference!

Is that all you have to contribute to this thread?

If this thread is coming to such a low-class standard as to go posting the clip of Alonso's main opponent with a crash situation and then go cheering upon it "he he guys, see the difference"... then yes, Alonso's eyebrows are at least equally worthy of pointing out as to go making the difference between the two - both type of "differences" are pointless and meaningless.

Alonso is a great, superb driver. He does not need to be "glorified" by the side of his fans in this way, by posting his rival's hitting into the wall and having a "he he" giggle about it.

You do realise this is the Fernando Alonso fan thread right? If there's anywhere his fans want to get fanatical about him it should be here.

Go on to the Raikkonen thread too and pick apart their posts while you're at it. At 307 pages of Raikkonen praise you'll have a field day.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:39 am 

Been a couple of times to the KR thread and left scared... it was a permanent excercise of masturbadoration.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:28 am 

mcdo wrote:
You do realise this is the Fernando Alonso fan thread right? If there's anywhere his fans want to get fanatical about him it should be here.

No, I actually did not realize that. I thought that this was Fernando Alonso's official thread, not Fernando Alonso's fans official thread.

There are so many "official" threads about just so many things on this forum. It never crossed my mind that one got to be a dedicated and confirmed, initiated devotee of it in order to be granted the approval for participation. And even then, what is really the problem?

I have not even been negative regarding Alonso. I actually took his side here. As I said, he is a great and superb driver. But I pointed out that he was wronged against by the biased crowd when they cheered at him at Silverstone. And I also considered that he is being wronged against by this exact same way of cheering when some similar misfortune happens to his opponents (Vettel, in this instance) as the way of glorifying him. Like that was to show how Alonso is the best, by showing and cheering upon the misfortunate accidents of his opponent? No. That is wrong both against Alonso and his rivals. As I said, Alonso does not need such things. Do not misuse him for your own agendas.

Quote:
Go on to the Raikkonen thread too and pick apart their posts while you're at it. At 307 pages of Raikkonen praise you'll have a field day.

No, thanks. I think I've learned my lesson here already. Fanaticism (as you identified it so) is to be best left alone and ignored:

chican wrote:
Been a couple of times to the KR thread and left scared... it was a permanent excercise of masturbadoration.

Last edited by Prema on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:41 am 

Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

No, I actually did not realize that. I thought that this was Fernando Alonso's official thread, not Fernando Alonso's fans official thread.

What did you think the official thread was for? To just post official press releases and official race results, etc.?

Prema wrote:
I have been not in any way negative regarding Alonso.

But you were negative to the FA fans, who were essentially just having a laugh. And they had the good mind to post here rather than start up a stupid new thread and waste the mods' time who will eventually have to lock it because a pointless argument will break out.

Prema wrote:
Do not misuse him for your own agendas.

:lol: I have no idea what this even means!

I view the official thread as a kind of "safe" place where I can post something about my favourite driver and not get attacked. Unlike the other regular threads. As a result I don't go into the other driver threads and start disagreeing with people. I imagine I would be eaten alive in the KR thread.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:05 am 

mcdo wrote:
Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

What did you think the official thread was for? To just post official press releases and official race results, etc.?

Prema wrote:

But you were negative to the FA fans, who were essentially just having a laugh. And they had the good mind to post here rather than start up a stupid new thread and waste the mods' time who will eventually have to lock it because a pointless argument will break out.

Prema wrote:

I view the official thread as a kind of "safe" place where I can post something about my favourite driver and not get attacked. Unlike the other regular threads. As a result I don't go into the other driver threads and start disagreeing with people. I imagine I would be eaten alive in the KR thread.

What is "Official Tyre Thread" supposed to mean? Only the devoted followers of Pirelli tyres got to make their voice heard?

Anyway, in a way I understand your point. This thread is to be left alone if not a confirmed dedicated follower of Alonso (a bit difficult to deduct that right away). But is it supposed to be a safe place for posting something unfortunate about other drivers (like them crashing into a wall) and then go "just essentially having a lough" about? That is what it means misusing Alonso for own agendas.

Look, I can't undo the crime that I did here, so what now? I've realized already what I got myself into. Let me crawl out with at least some dignity. I will never, never, never again come back. Cross my heart. Please, let me go, as I can't help myself. Be kind to me. You are right, I was wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:33 am 

Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Prema wrote:

Prema wrote:

What is "Official Tyre Thread" supposed to mean? Only the devoted followers of Pirelli tyres got to make their voice heard?

Anyway, in a way I understand your point. This thread is to be left alone if not a confirmed dedicated follower of Alonso (a bit difficult to deduct that right away). But is it supposed to be a safe place for posting something unfortunate about other drivers (like them crashing into a wall) and then go "just essentially having a lough" about? That is what it means misusing Alonso for own agendas.

Look, I can't undo the crime that I did here, so what now? I've realized already what I got myself into. Let me crawl out with at least some dignity. I will never, never, never again come back. Cross my heart. Please, let me go, as I can't help myself. Be kind to me. You are right, I was wrong.

shut the door on your way out :D (note only a joke btw)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 am 

Great race and drive from Fernando yesterday. and good result to close the gap to Vettel and get the championship on course again. And in the process he won me some money by getting on the podium. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm 

Gotta love Prema.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:20 pm 

chican wrote:
Gotta love Prema.

I swear. He doesn't drive the point home, he hammers it while driving. :lol:

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm 

Some of the posters here do nothing to help the perception that all Formula 1 fans are pedantic geeks! Lighten up!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 pm 
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind posters in this thread of some of the forum rules:

- We do not have fan/supporter threads; what we have is official driver/team threads, in which all type of opinions about a driver/team may (and should, for the sake of a good discussion) be expressed. These threads are not just for supporters expressing their support, although obviously such posts are very welcome too.

- We are particularly careful about the "no trolling" rule in official threads; while these are not fan threads, it is logical to assume that most supporters of a given driver will make frequent use of them. We are very strict with comments that may be perceived as trolling, both referred to the driver/team the thread is dedicated to, or to other drivers/teams. In other words, we do not tolerate teasing of supporters of, in this particular case, Alonso in here, but we do not allow this thread to become a safe heaven in which to criticise other drivers/teams.

- Negative generalisations about the supporters of any given driver or team are always likely to get people in trouble; please avoid them. Discussing a specific forumer instead of discussing the topic at hand is not a very good idea either!

- Finally, if you dislike a post and consider it to be in breach of the rules, report it but do not reply to it in kind - such reply is likely to get you in the same type of trouble the original poster will find himself/herself in.

I hope this helps to keep the discussion nice and easy! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm 

Hi all, as an Alonso fan I think my second post must be here :-P

I hope this is the third crown year, looks difficult but the car is much better than last year. At least before Silverstone...

Any idea why the car perfomance was worse than expected here in Silverstone? Just the cold weather?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm 

Consider my humble pie to be eaten

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:22 pm 

Gotta say, this weekend was a real puzzler. Ferrari properly competitive for the first time in a while and they went for the alternative strategy... I still don't get it

FA#14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:37 pm 

I wouldn't say that they were properly competitive. I actually thought they were less competitive this weeken. But it was the same old story not fast enough in qually to fight at the front. I feel all the changes in tyres has not help them. They tried something different I didn't exactly go wrong and I think the result was going to be the same if they did the normal strategy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 am 

I'm nearly ready to throw in the towel for another season. I can't believe it, 2/3 months ago I was convinced Ferrari had the best package and this was finally going to be their year.

James Allison can't come soon enough.

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 am 

He need a miracle, and Maranello is not a place to find miracles lately. At least let's hope he can win in monza and maybe in another place too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:37 am 

I need to say this, even though I do support Fernando and know him since 99, it's getting on my nerves his lack of wisdom to pick words on his comments. He should be aware of all the people that's waiting for him to make a mistake or sound conceited. He's not the political guy some people try to make us believe, he's rather mediocre on that regard. Had to say it. I don't like his PR skills.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 am 

I feel the pain.... Don't you guys give up on Fernando now though. If there's anyone that can claw back a 39 point deficit, it's him. He was 49 points behind (current WDC leader at time) Lewis Hamilton at one point in 2010, and he went into the final 2 races leading the WDC and he didn't need the best car or a considerably faster car to do it either, so Ferrari don't necessarily need to have the fastest car after the break, they just need to be within striking distance... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SkbuTwFKsk

If there's one person that can do it, it's Fred... He's simply the best.

“I have often gone on record as saying that I think Fernando is the very best driver of his generation, if not ever. He’s that good."
- Rob Smedley

Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso

Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Fernando Alonso 2015 WDC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:56 am 

Not given up on Fernando, but starting to give up on Ferrari producing the goods. i guess he does need a couple of wins soon now to get back in the title fight. The last track was never going to suit the car, but Spa and Monza could well suit them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 am 

mcdo wrote:
I'm nearly ready to throw in the towel for another season. I can't believe it, 2/3 months ago I was convinced Ferrari had the best package and this was finally going to be their year.

James Allison can't come soon enough.

Me too mate. While we all(well most) want to see good racing, its hard seeing the best driver out there driving with one arm behind his back constantly. Vettel has done arguably a better job, but still if it wasn't for the mistakes in Malaysia and Bahrain the championship would be bloody close right now. After Spain, I thought Ferrari would walk both championships with that pace. How wrong was I!

Italy and Spa won't benefit the Red Bull and really if Ferrari want to stand a chance in the championship they probably need to be within 15 points of Vettel after the next two races. Strong development and hopefully a finished wind tunnel and who knows. Fernando on a roll is bloody hard to stop. Last time it took a flying Lotus to bring him back down. But if the next two races are pathetic then probably best bet is to give up and hope Allison can work his magic and Ferrari don't produce a crap engine for next year. I can only imagine the pain Ferrari went through during the early Schumi years and I think this the same. Be patient.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm 

Its announced James Allison to Ferrari, lets hope he makes a difference.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm 

Oh ya that's right, it's his birthday today too

FA#14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:55 pm 

PrancingRocket_ wrote:
I feel the pain.... Don't you guys give up on Fernando now though. If there's anyone that can claw back a 39 point deficit, it's him. He was 49 points behind (current WDC leader at time) Lewis Hamilton at one point in 2010, and he went into the final 2 races leading the WDC and he didn't need the best car or a considerably faster car to do it either, so Ferrari don't necessarily need to have the fastest car after the break, they just need to be within striking distance... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SkbuTwFKsk

If there's one person that can do it, it's Fred... He's simply the best.

Well said :thumbup:

Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm 

Happy Birthday Fred

Hopefully Ferrari can get that house in order and get some working developments.

But the past 3/4 years lead me to believe they won't. It was only three months ago when he won the Spanish GP with ease, but since then, they've stood still

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 pm 

cm97 wrote:
I can only imagine the pain Ferrari went through during the early Schumi years and I think this the same. Be patient.

It wasn't particularly painful*. We knew Ferrari weren't contenders back when Schumi joined ... it was expected to take a while to become competitive, and a distant dream that the team would become a force to be reckoned with ...

Alonso's time at Ferrari feels quite different. Put in simple terms, the relationship has a lot of potential but repeatedly fails to convert this potential into success (normally through no fault of Alonso, I must say). It must be frustrating for him, and he is not shy in venting. Hopefully for him, his comments over the weekend will put the cat amongst the pigeons and yield some results ;)

edit: *actually, when Schumi broke his leg - that was hard, as it looked like being his year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 am 

chican wrote:
I need to say this, even though I do support Fernando and know him since 99, it's getting on my nerves his lack of wisdom to pick words on his comments. He should be aware of all the people that's waiting for him to make a mistake or sound conceited. He's not the political guy some people try to make us believe, he's rather mediocre on that regard. Had to say it. I don't like his PR skills.

Disagree, he carefully choses each word he says.

If you think about it, Fernando never criticize the team/car initially, or in the first races. Initially he always does support the team, encourage them, praise the car, etc.

But when you see you can´t fight with your rivals, then it´s time to spur on somone. At this point it´s pretty clear with this car he can do nothing to fight the championship, so he could demoralize himself and the team, or keep thinking in the WDC what lead you to the necessity of improving the car, and that´s what he´s asking for.

Actually I think Alonso has been very political with Ferrari these years, he could have been way way more rude with them.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:39 am 

Andres125sx wrote:
chican wrote:

If you think about it, Fernando never criticize the team/car initially, or in the first races. Initially he always does support the team, encourage them, praise the car, etc.

But when you see you can´t fight with your rivals, then it´s time to spur on somone. At this point it´s pretty clear with this car he can do nothing to fight the championship, so he could demoralize himself and the team, or keep thinking in the WDC what lead you to the necessity of improving the car, and that´s what he´s asking for.

Actually I think Alonso has been very political with Ferrari these years, he could have been way way more rude with them.....

Of course he could be more rude, the question is should he? At the end he's an employee but that's only my opinion.

I would not blame him to be honest, Ferrari knew exactly what they're getting with Alonso. So why complain about him publicly? This could've been handled behind closed doors.

Unless it's an early sign of a broken relationship?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 pm 

F1nsider wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
chican wrote:

Of course he could be more rude, the question is should he? At the end he's an employee but that's only my opinion.

I would not blame him to be honest, Ferrari knew exactly what they're getting with Alonso. So why complain about him publicly? This could've been handled behind closed doors.

Unless it's an early sign of a broken relationship?

No problems with their relationship Ferrari have come out and stated it today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 pm 

Fernando has said on twitter he did 96 laps of Spa today in the sim and was some interesting stuff. Also the team are doing some testing in an older car so hope for progress with development.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 pm 

A2jdl wrote:

You mean they didnt tell the world they are having problems? How strange ;)
There obviously have been/are problems, perhaps they only go as far as LDM didnt like Fernando's comments, and we will never hear about it again. Or perhaps there is a reason he has picked up on this particular comment by Fernando but ignored others.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

There obviously have been/are problems, perhaps they only go as far as LDM didnt like Fernando's comments, and we will never hear about it again. Or perhaps there is a reason he has picked up on this particular comment by Fernando but ignored others.

It's something we won't hear about again. .... Well only If we stop reading this forum :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm 

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

What other comments has been ignored by LDM?

I don´t see any problem between Alonso and Ferrari/LDM. Perez/Button also said they must improve the car and I don´t see anyone saying there´re problems between them and McLaren, same with Hulkemberg and Sauber, same with Maldonado and Williams.....

The only problem is the car, but LDM can´t say they´re not competitive because they´re Ferrari, so.... :uhoh:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:04 pm 

On twitter
Quote:
Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial 20m

Dos cascos más para la colección.. Vettel/Hamilton. Gracias chicos! 2 more helmets for the collection. Thanks!!