planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:03 am 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Where are the Alonso fans? He's leading the WDC standings, gets pole and not one post?
I'm not an Alonso fan but I am impressed by the man and what he's achieved. He needs only another four successive points finishes to equal Schumacher's record of 24, and he's been on the podium for 13 of those.

I am Ferrari fan, Alonso drives for Ferrari and so I support him. But not a die hard fan as such. But I have been reading this forum since last 5-6 years and Alonso fans are actually most well behaved and restraint in forums. Specially this forum.
My brother is die hard Alonso fan (so for the first time we are supporting same team/ people for last 3 years ), he just reads and smiles seeing antifanboys venting their frustration and rants here. Thats enough pleasure for him. The amount of BS that is said every time he does well actually is testimate to how good he actually is. They dont need to post anything in this dedicated thread, they actually wont post here on purpose

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:28 am 

bbobeckyj wrote:
Where are the Alonso fans? He's leading the WDC standings, gets pole and not one post?
I'm not an Alonso fan but I am impressed by the man and what he's achieved. He needs only another four successive points finishes to equal Schumacher's record of 24, and he's been on the podium for 13 of those.

Most Alonso fans are too proud to even gloat about his performances. ;)

It'd great if there were many active Alonso fans but there are not. There just aren't enough of those fans who'd dig up all the interesting facts and news. We are in serious need for some of those.

Personally, if I post here regularly its likely that I'd be tackling some hard critics instead of doing any 'merrymaking' with other Alonso fans, and I don't really feel like I need to convince people that Alonso is superior to other drivers. I usually like comparing the other drivers for 'the best of the rest'. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 am 

Alonso fans are on the Autosport forum fighting the trolls and the sour grapes fanboys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
bbobeckyj wrote:

It'd great if there were many active Alonso fans but there are not. There just aren't enough of those fans who'd dig up all the interesting facts and news. We are in serious need for some of those.

Personally, if I post here regularly its likely that I'd be tackling some hard critics instead of doing any 'merrymaking' with other Alonso fans, and I don't really feel like I need to convince people that Alonso is superior to other drivers. I usually like comparing the other drivers for 'the best of the rest'. :D

Alonso sucks.. troll troll troll eyebrows nonsense fairy cakes [/endoftrolling]

My first post in Alonso's thread. I'd just like to say he's my new Schumaker. The guy you love to hate and get the most satisfaction if your driver beats him. He's been phenomenal since 2011, and pulling the team in the right direction where it lacks proper management in Dominicali

I see him, hopefull after so many year, running a team himself.

GOO FERNANDO!! But please don't win this year's WDC I'd still love to hang on the "Kimi last Ferrari WDC" for few more years :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 am 

Leen26 wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
bbobeckyj wrote:

Alonso sucks.. troll troll troll eyebrows nonsense fairy cakes [/endoftrolling]

My first post in Alonso's thread. I'd just like to say he's my new Schumaker. The guy you love to hate and get the most satisfaction if your driver beats him. He's been phenomenal since 2011, and pulling the team in the right direction where it lacks proper management in Dominicali

I see him, hopefull after so many year, running a team himself.

GOO FERNANDO!! But please don't win this year's WDC I'd still love to hang on the "Kimi last Ferrari WDC" for few more years :)

Thanks for coming but I really wish we were still on bad terms. This thread could really use a big row to get started and that would draw others in.

If Alonso wins today I want people to bring all their "he was lucky" BS here so at least you are paying some respect by helping his thread.

If he fails ... BRING IT ON !

Either way the thread must get going. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 am 

Well, here's his latest fan interview. He talks about that hand puppet thing he does after he wins.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:03 am 

Helmet swapping.

He collects helmets.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:

Personally, if I post here regularly its likely that I'd be tackling some hard critics instead of doing any 'merrymaking' with other Alonso fans

I'm sure there're his fair share of fans here, and with the way he's performing this year, he's getting new ones every race.

Personally I don't feel the need to defend Alonso or try to say anything to "prove" that he is the best. It's quite pointless here anyway, since as far as a big chunk of users here are concerned, his entire career, lifetime achievement, and where he stands among all F1 drivers in history, were already defined in 2007 :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:25 am 

rawsushi wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:

Personally, if I post here regularly its likely that I'd be tackling some hard critics instead of doing any 'merrymaking' with other Alonso fans

I'm sure there're his fair share of fans here, and with the way he's performing this year, he's getting new ones every race.

Personally I don't feel the need to defend Alonso or try to say anything to "prove" that he is the best. It's quite pointless here anyway, since as far as a big chunk of users here are concerned, his entire career, lifetime achievement, and where he stands among all F1 drivers in history, were already defined in 2007 :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 pm 

Wahahahaa eyebrows screwed up ppffttwahaahah

Here you go CallMeCrazy .. let's do this 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:59 pm 

rawsushi wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:21 pm 

Sad for my boy today. :-(( Losing the race 4 laps to the end...

At least the car is worthy of his talent now. Thanks to Ferrari for that. If they can keep up with Red Bull we have a great title battle on our hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm 

Ferrari reaction.

He doesn't sound too dissapointed. It amazes me how he always keeps focusing on the long game and not getting caught up in the moment.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:57 pm 

He's a quiet guy from a humble background with shed loads of talent and ever increasing trophy cabinet.

There's little need to gloat and even less need to defend him to trolls, baiters or immature, factless, baseless claims.

Time will silence his critics.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm 

Whilst he sits at the top of the WDC, what's to complain about? Had no chance with the soft tyres today. However you can't blame Ferrari or FA for that. If it had happened 10 laps from the end then fair enough but 4 is just how it goes sometimes.

Oh and Bernie, National flags should be raised not flipped. Sort it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:18 am 

Alonso is really proving his worth this season but I still don't think Alonso is popular in the UK, the Silverstone crowd booed his name on the BBC F1 Forum. I'm sure he's not too bothered though. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:46 pm 

Fernando post-Hockenheim:

Quote:
"Bello vincere in Germania? Non voglio parlare di politica, ma è chiaro che la situazione non è bellissima in Spagna e un pilota spagnolo che vince su una macchina italiana è una cosa fantastica."

"Nice to win in Germany? I don't want to talk about politics, but it's clear that the situation isn't great in Spain and a Spanish driver winning in an Italian car is a fantastic thing."

So much for political correctness... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 pm 

Now only the 5th driver in F1 history to reach the 30-win plateau. Amazing, and congrats! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:40 pm 

That was great. Really, really great. It never looked like an obvious win... definitely got some help from Hamilton and maybe Vettel's KERS.

Alonso's points lead over Webber, Vettel, and Hamilton is pretty healthy! I don't know if hotter tracks will be worse for Ferrari, but as long as no bad luck hits, Alonso can definitely pull this one out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:42 pm 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Now only the 5th driver in F1 history to reach the 30-win plateau. Amazing, and congrats! :D

I know. It took him 188 races to get 30 wins. Vettel is on 22 in what half the races?

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm 

Bravo Alonso! Grande!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 pm 

I dislike the ferrari team and i am a hamilton fan . But Alonso is driving fantastically. The consistency and cool head he seams to have is amazing and imo he will win the drivers championship this season. Massive respect to the best driver on the grid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 am 

Its just Alonso and the Bulls now. Hamilton trails by 62 points which is roughly equivalent to 25 points in the old system. Surely that's too much even for him. As for Kimi, I can only see him losing further ground in the remaining races. My fear is the Red Bulls going on a winning spree and locking out the front row on a consistent basis. Either that or Vettel just grabbing pole every time. The Red Bull has insane 1 lap pace. I remember the kind of pace they had in Hungary '10. If that is anything to go by then Alonso has a massive hurdle to overcome before the summer break.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
There's talk that the teams could be bunched up very close this year, closer than last year anyway. I hope its true. Ferrari doesn't look as if its gonna be that good but if the gaps between teams are small maybe there's hope yet for Alonso talking his 3rd WDC. I was heartbroken when he didn't win it in 2010. He is too good to just be double world champion.

Prost is my favorite among drivers whom I've never seen live. I find many similarities between him and Alonso and I'd like Alonso to reach 4 championships like him. :)

Unfortunately Prost has more hope in Hamilton and probably Vettel.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 am 

ToshB wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
There's talk that the teams could be bunched up very close this year, closer than last year anyway. I hope its true. Ferrari doesn't look as if its gonna be that good but if the gaps between teams are small maybe there's hope yet for Alonso talking his 3rd WDC. I was heartbroken when he didn't win it in 2010. He is too good to just be double world champion.

Prost is my favorite among drivers whom I've never seen live. I find many similarities between him and Alonso and I'd like Alonso to reach 4 championships like him. :)

Actually he said during winter that JB is the favorite to win the title. I don't think he likes Alonso much because of what went down in '07. Anyway that's not going to affect what's happening with Alonso now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 am 

callMEcrazy wrote:
ToshB wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:

Actually he said during winter that JB is the favorite to win the title. I don't think he likes Alonso much because of what went down in '07. Anyway that's not going to affect what's happening with Alonso now.

I don't think that is the case: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 04715.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 am 

morgana wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:
ToshB wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:

I don't think that is the case: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive ... 04715.html

Thanks for the link. :thumbup:
Now I find it strange that he rarely mentions Alonso in his interviews in recent times, or maybe I've simply missed them :] .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:49 pm 

Who is she?

Is that a new lady because I've seen pictures of her in the paddock with him this weekend.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 pm 

RunningMan wrote:
Who is she?

Is that a new lady because I've seen pictures of her in the paddock with him this weekend.

Dasha Kapustina

A Russian model. Google her up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 am 

Alonso will be WDC this year for sure now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:27 am 

virus wrote:
Alonso will be WDC this year for sure now.

Why ? The points lead or the girl ? :]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 am 

I thought people might enjoy this, the latest cover of Autosprint, which is a weekly Italian auto racing magazine:

:smug: :nod:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:57 am 

ferrar1sta wrote:
I thought people might enjoy this, the latest cover of Autosprint, which is a weekly Italian auto racing magazine:

:smug: :nod:

Well, "Super" is the least you can say about his performances this season. Too bad Superman never wears a mask. I have a few ideas on how that could have been used with Fernando. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 pm 

Spring21 wrote:
Well! I thought I better join this thread seeing as it is the "Official" Fernando Alonso thread :]

It was Alonso who brought the excitement back to F1 when a certain Mr Schumacher was winning day in, day out, F1 was incredibly boring and worse still, it was predictably boring, that is until, the very nice Sn Alonso weaved his voodoo 8O

Alonso to Mclaren I think we are all agreed was a huge mistake for Fernando and infighting cost him his 3rd WDC, to finish equal on points with the whole Mclaren operation seemingly against him was quite a spectacular feat in itself and I do wonder how others drivers would have coped given the same environmental circumstances.

Alonso showed he could face the cruel winds that were rallied against him, he was then the existing WDC but was treated unfairly imho but it is time to move on from that and concentrate on what this year can bring. A third WDC? fingers crossed, personally I think if Vettell wins again and convincingly so, it will be a return to the schuey era and for that reason I will get behind anyone but SV, hopefully it will be Alonso taking the fight to Red Bull, but I have no qualms about supporting Button or Hamilton if they are the ones to take away the Red Bull dominance.

Back on topic!! Alonso is just brill.

+1

Totally agree and hopefully RBR have had their day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:50 pm 

Pictures Gallery - Alonso and his new girlfriend Dasha Kapustina at German GP - http://www.formula1onlive.com/2012/07/p ... riend.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:17 pm 

ajax wrote:
Spring21 wrote:
Well! I thought I better join this thread seeing as it is the "Official" Fernando Alonso thread :]

It was Alonso who brought the excitement back to F1 when a certain Mr Schumacher was winning day in, day out, F1 was incredibly boring and worse still, it was predictably boring, that is until, the very nice Sn Alonso weaved his voodoo 8O

Alonso to Mclaren I think we are all agreed was a huge mistake for Fernando and infighting cost him his 3rd WDC, to finish equal on points with the whole Mclaren operation seemingly against him was quite a spectacular feat in itself and I do wonder how others drivers would have coped given the same environmental circumstances.

Alonso showed he could face the cruel winds that were rallied against him, he was then the existing WDC but was treated unfairly imho but it is time to move on from that and concentrate on what this year can bring. A third WDC? fingers crossed, personally I think if Vettell wins again and convincingly so, it will be a return to the schuey era and for that reason I will get behind anyone but SV, hopefully it will be Alonso taking the fight to Red Bull, but I have no qualms about supporting Button or Hamilton if they are the ones to take away the Red Bull dominance.

Back on topic!! Alonso is just brill.

+1

Totally agree and hopefully RBR have had their day

Hopefully this engine map thing has cost them something. ...anything to stop Vettel from locking out pole position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:27 pm 

callMEcrazy wrote:
Hopefully this engine map thing has cost them something. ...anything to stop Vettel from locking out pole position.

Any rain for quali forecast? :D

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 am 

RunningMan wrote:
callMEcrazy wrote:

Any rain for quali forecast? :D

Nop. There's forecast for rain on Sunday though on the official F1 site. If Fernando can qualify on the front two rows it should be ok. He generally moves forward in the race. And just in case it rains on Sunday, the Ferrari does look like the fastest car in the rain :-P .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:46 am 

thehabsonice wrote:
Gintynm wrote:
I think he is without a doubt the fastest driver on the grid. He just gets struck with bad luck/bad cars :frown: Still though, he did still manage to get a win last year! :)

How is he the fastest driver on the grid if his ROOKIE team mate beat him in 2007 with the same car 8O :?:

Lewis Hamilton is def. better now than he was in 2007 and Button beat Lewis, therefore we def know that we have a minimum of 2 drivers faster than Alonso, not to mention Kimi, Vettel, Webber, Schumacher, Roseberg, Kobayashi, are ALL FASTER than him.

Your smoking crack or something.
What have you been watching?
Alonso can drive around and over or through anyone near him on any course in F1 today.
He is only held back by a stupid tire design and a Ferrari design going through teething problems that are being worked out.
Got news for you.
With Ferrari now coming to grips with their pull rod design, I throwing my money on Alonso not only for this year but next year also.
Sheech, open your eyes dude.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am 

nowhereman wrote:
thehabsonice wrote:
Gintynm wrote:
I think he is without a doubt the fastest driver on the grid. He just gets struck with bad luck/bad cars :frown: Still though, he did still manage to get a win last year! :)

How is he the fastest driver on the grid if his ROOKIE team mate beat him in 2007 with the same car 8O :?:

Lewis Hamilton is def. better now than he was in 2007 and Button beat Lewis, therefore we def know that we have a minimum of 2 drivers faster than Alonso, not to mention Kimi, Vettel, Webber, Schumacher, Roseberg, Kobayashi, are ALL FASTER than him.

Your smoking crack or something.
What have you been watching?
Alonso can drive around and over or through anyone near him on any course in F1 today.
He is only held back by a stupid tire design and a Ferrari design going through teething problems that are being worked out.
Got news for you.
With Ferrari now coming to grips with their pull rod design, I throwing my money on Alonso not only for this year but next year also.
Sheech, open your eyes dude.

You shouldn't bother replying to those sort of posts my friend. It's a waste of your time.

Forza Alonso